NFNL Div 1 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

The Buz

Senior List
Sep 5, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Bearing in mind clearances don’t re open till feb, if you read the north heid fb page,
They have announced more quality signings during the week
Be interesting to see how they fit them all in the one side?? Probably about 5 blokes in last week ranging from 3-5 points. At the minimum that’s 15 points and doesn’t include any announced previously. Their two’s might win more games than their ones.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One player I'd like to see return to the league is Tim Bongetti. The bloke still lives in the northern suburbs from what I heard and has played for Frankston Pines for a while now. I'm guessing the money is good for that cracker of a drive but a quality player

One player I'd like to see return to the league is Tim Bongetti. The bloke still lives in the northern suburbs from what I heard and has played for Frankston Pines for a while now. I'm guessing the money is good for that cracker of a drive but a quality player
He is playing for East Keilor in the EDFL division one comp.

Yep as previous poster mentioned his signed at East Keilor for 2020. They play B grade and rumour is his getting plenty of $$$.

What’s everyone’s thoughts on vfl listed players? Personally I believe having 1 or 2 can be beneficial but having nearly 6 like Macleod did this season showed it can be detrimental. Juggling act every Thursday not knowing whose available, dropping home grown kids causes disharmony. Macleod having lost 3 flags should have chased a ruckman back then. That was clearly their achillies heal. Getting Flynn now could end up being the right move but too late

What’s everyone’s thoughts on vfl listed players? Personally I believe having 1 or 2 can be beneficial but having nearly 6 like Macleod did this season showed it can be detrimental. Juggling act every Thursday not knowing whose available, dropping home grown kids causes disharmony. Macleod having lost 3 flags should have chased a ruckman back then. That was clearly their achillies heal. Getting Flynn now could end up being the right move but too late

There is no magic formula you can apply to each club. West Preston have used it to help win two flags and winning covers up all problems. Did any of their regular players miss out in the finals due to getting VFL players back? No one really cares.

As for Macleod , they lacked a bit of depth this year and as a result played about four or five thirds boys most weeks. Without the VFL players they would have had to draw on even more players not ready for division one.

The VFL players all fitted in well and new connections were made which may mean some become permanent players in the future, There were very few weeks where more than three played together.

Whilst Mac have lacked a really top ruck since going into Div one, the loss to WPL was due to mainly to not having Hobbs, loosing McKeown for most the game and not choosing to pick the ruckman they did have.

There is no magic formula you can apply to each club. West Preston have used it to help win two flags and winning covers up all problems. Did any of their regular players miss out in the finals due to getting VFL players back? No one really cares.

As for Macleod , they lacked a bit of depth this year and as a result played about four or five thirds boys most weeks. Without the VFL players they would have had to draw on even more players not ready for division one.

The VFL players all fitted in well and new connections were made which may mean some become permanent players in the future, There were very few weeks where more than three played together.

Whilst Mac have lacked a really top ruck since going into Div one, the loss to WPL was due to mainly to not having Hobbs, loosing McKeown for most the game and not choosing to pick the ruckman they did have.
Pretty sure West Preston had injuries in that final aswell and there best midfielder didn’t play in Uysal either. West were just too good like this year, no excuses for Macleod!

I agree with you on the VFL front. It depends how good your core group is without them. It doesnt really matter how many you have, if you have a poor list apart from them, they won’t make much difference. But if you have them like West Preston and are the cherry on top then go for it!

Just saw the write up on Montmorencys new big man. Any news on whether he can actually play? 23 year old who’s played half a game of footy in the reserves in 4 years?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back