Manchester United Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No wonder Hojlund is pissed with the amount of service he got tonight. Complained directly to the manager and board last month about Bruno not passing to the forwards enough and now tonight... Onana passed to Hojlund more than any other player on the pitch... That was 4 times. Dalot passed to him 3 times.

He was totally ignored tonight...

According to ETH, he needs to spend alot more money to just make us a top 4 team again.

Jus gtfo already.

look at our squad though, it does need major investment, it’s a disgrace.

Rasmus, Kobbie, Garnacho, Martinez, the only 4 worth keeping, rest can join ETH in ******* off tbh.

look at our squad though, it does need major investment, it’s a disgrace.

Rasmus, Kobbie, Garnacho, Martinez, the only 4 worth keeping, rest can join ETH in ******* off tbh.

Only needs major investment due to his own flop purchases. No club should let him anywhere near the transfers.

The squad is mostly average, but a good manager would still consistently finish top 5 with it as it still has enough quality players to establish top 5 status.

You give players like Bruno defined roles and implement proper attacking/midfield/defensive structures in the team and watch it comfortably finish top 5. Instead, we've got players playing all over the park looking lost whilst opponents outplay us week in, week out.

The standards/expectations have been lowered so much that we are now allowing clowns like ETH to talk s**t about the history/state of the club openly without repercussions.

He is single handedly responsible for all the issues we have had this season, regardless, of all the bullshit he says in his press conferences. Even more funnier, the two players he was happy to let go (McTominay & Maguire) have saved his arse on numerous occasions which shows how incompetent he really is.

Only needs major investment due to his own flop purchases. No club should let him anywhere near the transfers.

Malacia - €15m, have to say he’s a flop, seriously don’t know what’s going on there, hasn’t been seen for over 12 months, strange.

Eriksen - Free, that’s a pass for me.

Martinez - €57m, a pass, when fit is brilliant.

Casemiro - €70m, would have to say this ones a bad signing, given his age and output, was fantastic last season but injuries & loss of interest this season has shown through, and at that price, ridiculous. I’m not entirely sure ETH wanted him?

Antony - €95m, MASSIVE flop, price tag and all, horrendous.

Dubravka - Loan, pass, at Newcastle now.

Butland - Loan, probably a pass.

Weghorst - Loan, still remarkable that he actually played for us, this one was on the club though not ETH, has to go down as a flop.

Sabitzer - Loan, never got a good run at it, showed glimpses, a pass for me tbh.

Mount - €64m, questionable signing at the time, has been done by injuries all season, not a pass or flop at this stage but the fee was ridiculous.

Evans - Free transfer, pass for me, has done well.

Onana - €50m, flop, should have held onto DDG for atleast this season.

Hojlund - €73m, pass, there’s a lot of talent there, we just don’t create anything for the kid. Price tag again though, bad.

Bayindir - €5m, has he played a game? Just a back up GK, pass.

Amrabat - Loan, flop.

Reguilon - Loan, very short stint, did okay while he was here.

That’s how I’ve assessed the signings under ETH, the fees aren’t his fault, the club are the absolute worst in the world at signing players for reasonable fees, I agree he shouldn’t be in control of transfers though.

The squad is mostly average, but a good manager would still consistently finish top 5 with it as it still has enough quality players to establish top 5 status.

You give players like Bruno defined roles and implement proper attacking/midfield/defensive structures in the team and watch it comfortably finish top 5. Instead, we've got players playing all over the park looking lost whilst opponents outplay us week in, week out.

The standards/expectations have been lowered so much that we are now allowing clowns like ETH to talk s**t about the history/state of the club openly without repercussions.

He is single handedly responsible for all the issues we have had this season, regardless, of all the bullshit he says in his press conferences. Even more funnier, the two players he was happy to let go (McTominay & Maguire) have saved his arse on numerous occasions which shows how incompetent he really is.

Its a tough one, ETH is showing himself to be a clown, but for me I’m just absolutely done with these players, they’ve done it time and time again under other managers, it’s time to get serious and sell a bunch of them.

Its a tough one, ETH is showing himself to be a clown, but for me I’m just absolutely done with these players, they’ve done it time and time again under other managers, it’s time to get serious and sell a bunch of them.

Absolutely, there are numerous players in our squad that aren't good enough to get us to top 2 level. I dont disagree at all.

However, imo, squad is still good enough to finish top 4/5 consistently but requires a good manager to extract it out of them, so we are left with a situation where both the manager and the squad isn't good enough for a club with ambitions like Manchester United.

Crowd weren't happy when Hojlund was subbed.

Yep. I wouldn't be either. We spent nearly 80 million on a very talented striker only to ignore him when he plays a lot of the time, despite the fact he is strong over the ball, rarely loses the ball in a tackle and can hold the play up if needed.

When your goalkeeper is passing to your striker more than your outfield player, questions need to be asked.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back