Manchester City FC Thread - Champions of England, Europe & The World

Remove this Banner Ad

Lovely
c9132235111206928775dde028b4b0c2.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Messi joins. How does the mid/forward line shape up?

5 in the midfield, 5 in attack.

And Ederson playing in between the two. :)

In all seriousness in they mythical world where Messi was to join I don't think too much would change as far as setup goes. Messi would be on the right side of a three, but would pretty much play where he likes.

In all seriousness in they mythical world where Messi was to join I don't think too much would change as far as setup goes. Messi would be on the right side of a three, but would pretty much play where he likes.

Do you want him? Wouldn't you rather go for someone younger? I think I got laughed out for suggesting I wouldn't want him at Liverpool. I don't see a place for him ..inbe4 he's the goat which I believe. He's 33/34. New league. Our team is built. We play a certain way. Does he fit citys style?

Player wise.

A pretty obvious front three of Messi, Aguero and Sterling. Reckon we'll see a few departures regardless of any incomings and most of our attacking players can play a number of positions across midfield or attack. So something like Bernardo, Rodri and KDB behind the front three.

Do you want him? Wouldn't you rather go for someone younger? I think I got laughed out for suggesting I wouldn't want him at Liverpool. I don't see a place for him ..inbe4 he's the goat which I believe. He's 33/34. New league. Our team is built. We play a certain way. Does he fit citys style?

I can see the potential negatives but if the opportunity presented itself I don't think you could say no.

From a commercial point of view he would have an amazing impact on the club. Read something yesterday that City have something like 20m Instagram followers, Messi has 260m. Not all going to relate to money coming into the club, but it would have an enormous impact on interest, merchandise and sponsorships.

From a football point of view, he's getting on but still managed 25 goals in the league and 44 in all comps. Ideally suited to our style of play IMO, and I think would have a lot less pressure to carry the whole side than at Barca.

So many hurdles to jump though before I get remotely excited about the idea. And if it didn't happen I wouldn't be too disappointed. But I just don't think you could pass up the opportunity.

I can see the potential negatives but if the opportunity presented itself I don't think you could say no.

From a commercial point of view he would have an amazing impact on the club. Read something yesterday that City have something like 20m Instagram followers, Messi has 260m. Not all going to relate to money coming into the club, but it would have an enormous impact on interest, merchandise and sponsorships.

From a football point of view, he's getting on but still managed 25 goals in the league and 44 in all comps. Ideally suited to our style of play IMO, and I think would have a lot less pressure to carry the whole side than at Barca.

So many hurdles to jump though before I get remotely excited about the idea. And if it didn't happen I wouldn't be too disappointed. But I just don't think you could pass up the opportunity.

He still scoring 40+??? 😁😁😁. Yeah for a year or two if be worth it if trophies come in.

I wonder if he is too lazy to play on the right in the epl? You won't get much pressing.

Centrally he can do his thing more

Sterling. Messi. Mahrez/Torres/Gabriel

Kbd - Silva

Rodri

You got laughed at for your terrible opinions.

moomba I'm reading on a site I value that Barca want a player or two in the deal to take Messi to city. One of those is Jesus. Other is Garcia. Would you want that?

Personally no for Jesus. Garcia is going anyway, so if we want to include him on a deal I'm ok with that.

Depends how strong the clause in that contract is I guess. If it's watertight (unrealistic given the circumstances) then Messi is a free agent and we don't have to agree any deal with Barca. In those circumstances we might throw them a bone to walk away, but I'm not sure we wanting to be giving up a lot for someone we're entitled to sign for nothing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back