acer91

Rookie
Oct 12, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
aussie cricket team
Does anyone know of any kids leaving under 17s in the Loddon Valley league to go to leagues such as Bendigo.
I know that Ant Dennis has had offers from clubs, and is possibly goin to Sandhurst, Nick White is going Sandhurst, Matt Smith has had offers from square and south, and jordy lea has been talked to by square. any others goin around?

Does anyone know of any kids leaving under 17s in the Loddon Valley league to go to leagues such as Bendigo.
I know that Ant Dennis has had offers from clubs, and is possibly goin to Sandhurst, Nick White is going Sandhurst, Matt Smith has had offers from square and south, and jordy lea has been talked to by square. any others goin around?

Plugger has been approached by a few clubs (LVFL & BFL), but will be stayin at YCW.

Eaglehawk 18's will have a few vacancies, maybe this is a good option for those that want to play U 18's.

Plugger has been approached by a few clubs (LVFL & BFL), but will be stayin at YCW.

Eaglehawk 18's will have a few vacancies, maybe this is a good option for those that want to play U 18's.
is plugger still eligible for the under 17s? or will he be playing in the seniors or ressies?

plugger will be too old for 17's in 2008. YCW will be developing some of their 2007 Under 17 team. I'd expect to see Josh Perez, plugger and Pete Taylor having their opportunities at senior level in 2008.

Myself and Matt Camilari have been approached by Eaglehawk. But let me tell you, both of us are staying at Marong

I assume both you and Matt will be U 17's in 2008. I would imagine both of you would consider U18's in 2009 (that is unless Marong believe you are both ready for seniors in 2009).

Start recruiting for 2008 now Hayden. It will be good for the U 17 comp' to have Calival lose their dominance.

Inglewood are trying soooooooo hard for their U 17's. In 2007 Eaglehawk players on permit helped out for the first half of the season.

The BJFL does not have regular days, times or grounds. The LVFL is becoming a better option for junior players, due to better grounds, regular playing times (11.00am) and more support from senior players. Hopefully, Inglewood and Serpentine can take advantage of this and lure some kids from the BJFL.

I assume both you and Matt will be U 17's in 2008. I would imagine both of you would consider U18's in 2009 (that is unless Marong believe you are both ready for seniors in 2009).

Start recruiting for 2008 now Hayden. It will be good for the U 17 comp' to have Calival lose their dominance.

Inglewood are trying soooooooo hard for their U 17's. In 2007 Eaglehawk players on permit helped out for the first half of the season.

The BJFL does not have regular days, times or grounds. The LVFL is becoming a better option for junior players, due to better grounds, regular playing times (11.00am) and more support from senior players. Hopefully, Inglewood and Serpentine can take advantage of this and lure some kids from the BJFL.

i would hav to agree with ya there bill on the league getting some Bendigo players... i hear pyramid hill may be getting a handful to...

phhh f*#k Eagkehawk must be desperate i seen u play mate and you aint much:D:D:D... matt Camilari goes alright but won't become a good senior footballer....

You must watch the game with your eyes shut, haydens a good player
who will be important to marongs chances this year. As for matt not becoming a good senior footballer it just proves you know stuff all. With his skill, pace and courage there is no doubt within 5 years he'll be one of the most well known players in the marong seniors.

i doubt the serpentine football club will have a side this year unless the club has a go at giving a stuff about there juniors and help out. that was the plan this year but never happened. and has been the same for last 3 or 4 years. more than a handful will be required from the bendigo league, with at this stage there are only 6 kids at the most playing in the under 17s.

phhh f*#k Eagkehawk must be desperate i seen u play mate and you aint much:D:D:D... matt Camilari goes alright but won't become a good senior footballer....

If im no good mate, then why did the Eaglehawk Under 18's coach, come to our Game vs Newbridge and basifically ask about me and Matt and where our careers lie next season, obviously he if did that, we're pretty good.

And to the post just above, i have already recruiting for 2008. I have 3 boys coming to Marong next season. So get on the Marong bandwagon next season boys for the under 17's

i doubt the serpentine football club will have a side this year unless the club has a go at giving a stuff about there juniors and help out. that was the plan this year but never happened. and has been the same for last 3 or 4 years. more than a handful will be required from the bendigo league, with at this stage there are only 6 kids at the most playing in the under 17s.

Would be extremely disappointing if any of the sides are unable to field an U17 team.. A few inglewood boys have told me that they will really struggle to get enough to get a side in the coming year.. As for Serp they would have had a pretty good side if they were able to get more than 15 or so kids out there..
There must be heaps of young blokes missing out on getting a game in bendigo every week, surely there is something that can be done to get those kids out and playing..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If im no good mate, then why did the Eaglehawk Under 18's coach, come to our Game vs Newbridge and basifically ask about me and Matt and where our careers lie next season, obviously he if did that, we're pretty good.

And to the post just above, i have already recruiting for 2008. I have 3 boys coming to Marong next season. So get on the Marong bandwagon next season boys for the under 17's

Eaglehawk have asked alot of kids so dont get to cocky, they are looking for players to fill numbers. Sandhurst even used 16's players some weeks. I'm not sure why some kids cant get a game.

i doubt the serpentine football club will have a side this year unless the club has a go at giving a stuff about there juniors and help out. quote]

I agree totally.

Serp' U 17 players spoke to groups of high school kids, acquired rego / clearance forms (not provided by the Serp' club) and appeared to do all the work to get a team on the field.

It's a real credit to Serp's U17 kids, the club appeared to do stuff all for the U17's.

Serp' will lose most of it's U17 team for 2008.

Are there many 17 players stepping upto reserves? how many from ycw?

At this stage, I'd expect about 7 YCW U17's to play either 1st's or 2nd's in 2008. YCW will be developing some of these kids into senior players.
Expect to see Pete Taylor, Josh Perez and Jake Concol having their opportunities at senior level.

Hugh Trigg, Blair Goudge, Lucas House & Jason Cruse are likely to play reserves.

There must be heaps of young blokes missing out on getting a game in bendigo every week, surely there is something that can be done to get those kids out and playing..

Some Bendigo clubs struggle to field a side themselves, Huntly, North Bendigo and White Wills usually struggle.

Personally, I have a problem with the Sandhurst Marist Dockers. They usually have three teams of U 15's..........and only one team of U 16.5's.....What happens to all the kids that come out of 15's and want to play 16.5's, but their is no room????

The drought will delay the BJFL season, whereas, I would anticipate that the LVFL will be able to start on time (availability for most clubs to water their grounds).

This will be a benefit to LVFL. Clubs should try their hardest to fill up their teams with permit players from the BJFL. Many times permit players end up by clearing to the club that they have been filling in for.

i doubt the serpentine football club will have a side this year unless the club has a go at giving a stuff about there juniors and help out. quote]

I agree totally.

Serp' U 17 players spoke to groups of high school kids, acquired rego / clearance forms (not provided by the Serp' club) and appeared to do all the work to get a team on the field.

It's a real credit to Serp's U17 kids, the club appeared to do stuff all for the U17's.

Serp' will lose most of it's U17 team for 2008.
yer thats exactly how it was, the problem is for next year the kids that did all that such as Micheal Shatwell are to old for under 17s, so they wont be bringing people into the club anymore. So where are the players going to come from? and kids don't generally just leave bendigo unless they have mates out there in the first place, and the few kids that are playing are locals, so there wont be a lot of bendigo kids flooding in. if an under 17 side folds, can the senior and reserves still field a side or does the club go all together?

mate did you and matt even make the under 17 interleague side????

if an under 17 side folds, can the senior and reserves still field a side or does the club go all together?

A couple of years ago, the HDFL put pressure on Mount Pleasant to ensure they could field an U 17 team. I think there were severe consequences if Mount Pleasant did not field an U 17 team, but I’m unsure what.

The drought will continue to encourage families and players to move from their rural community. The shortage of local U17’s (and netballers) will probably get worse.
We must remember that Calival does not have enough local kids, however, their hardwork and commitment to the U 17’s ensures that they are successful. Calival recruit aggressively and run a bus from the E/Hawk Town Hall to training and games.

The BJFL’s motto is “Creating footballers for the future”. To be successful at complying with the motto, the BJFL must realise that there is not enough room in the BFL for the amount of players that come out of the BJFL. Too many Bendigo kids stop playing when they reach 15 or 16. More must be done to divert these kids to the LVFL and the HDFL.

Haydon........A majority of the kids in the U 17 Interleague squads are in their final year of U 17's......Put in hard, and you'll probably get the opportunity in 2008.

The LVFL U 17 interleague squads have acquitted themselves well in the past few years. They have had more losses than wins, but definitely show talent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back