LVFL - 2011 PRE Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone else thing we should prob end this thread?? The most boring, uneventful page on big footy. Does anyone even have anything slightly exciting to post on here???? Apart from myself there are about 4 others that post on here. Serp already have it wrapped up so let’s just end this thread now. I see Pyramid have loaded up with blokes from Melbourne again. Just a club full of nothing, no heart, substance, 1 year players, money, no respect, so desperate to buy a flag they can even see the amount of work a COMMUNITY puts into winning a flag. Not just players but a community. A clear example of his is the appoint a coach who had played at more clubs than anyone else in Victoria. Just another money hungry non pyramid person who will be gone after they fall over again this year. 15 training on a Tuesday at Eaglehawk. 20 on a Thurs, and 6 in the social rooms after a game after everyone puts their hand out for cash then straight into the car, to get the hell out of that town.

6 in the social rooms after a game after everyone puts their hand out for cash then straight into the car, to get the hell out of that town. [/quote]

Sad thing is...I agree...Pyramid Hill are a community being bled and taken for a ride by one year money grabbing footballers...whilst the straw hat wearing, tractor drivers hand over their hard earned $.

Whilst Inglewood, have the largest community, but the town seem as though they couldn't care less whether they've got a footy team or not.

Calivil have to be respected, no money, no population just a hard working group that sticks together.

Milroy is a 2 time BFL premiership player and Fitzgerald played seniors at E/Hawk before they went to Hopetoun where they both played Interleague. Three of the others played Bendigo seniors last year and one kicked 70+ goals at Elmore reserves last year so i'd say they have added some good depth to a competitive side from last year. I believe 3 of them are former Serp players too. Are they the ex con's?

Does anyone else thing we should prob end this thread?? The most boring, uneventful page on big footy. Does anyone even have anything slightly exciting to post on here???? Apart from myself there are about 4 others that post on here. Serp already have it wrapped up so let’s just end this thread now. I see Pyramid have loaded up with blokes from Melbourne again. Just a club full of nothing, no heart, substance, 1 year players, money, no respect, so desperate to buy a flag they can even see the amount of work a COMMUNITY puts into winning a flag. Not just players but a community. A clear example of his is the appoint a coach who had played at more clubs than anyone else in Victoria. Just another money hungry non pyramid person who will be gone after they fall over again this year. 15 training on a Tuesday at Eaglehawk. 20 on a Thurs, and 6 in the social rooms after a game after everyone puts their hand out for cash then straight into the car, to get the hell out of that town.

The only thing boring in this thread is you, Wow ya won a few games last year and got a couple of good players back and now you think your gonna win the flag. Grow up you w@nker, have you forgotten where you have come from in the past few years and also maybe serp should spend some money then the players wouldn't have to get changed in each others back pockets and then have a beer in a tin shed after the game.

The only thing boring in this thread is you, Wow ya won a few games last year and got a couple of good players back and now you think your gonna win the flag. Grow up you w@nker, have you forgotten where you have come from in the past few years and also maybe serp should spend some money then the players wouldn't have to get changed in each others back pockets and then have a beer in a tin shed after the game.

Chad, after serp won a couple of games last year you can't blame him for thinking they are going to win it. He's a Richmond supporter, say no more.

Looks like we're fishing & have a few nibbles here... On the other hand good to see clearances are finally starting to pop up on the League website, was starting to think Trevor Arnell had forgotten about us.
Will start to really see where clubs are at as far as recruiting goes now.
One thing I have noticed that hasn't been spoken about is Mark Kingma leaving Newbridge, I assume heading back to Leitchville/Gunbower. Thats another of Newbridges best players over the past couple of years gone, along with Fox, Hardingham & Mildren last year. Birchmore would want to hope there's plenty of recruits 'cos they can't seem to keep any of the decent ones they've had.

Birchmore would want to hope there's plenty of recruits 'cos they can't seem to keep any of the decent ones they've had.[/quote]

Why can't they keep them?...is it $ or is it the humiliation of having Birchmore as coach?

Birchmore would want to hope there's plenty of recruits 'cos they can't seem to keep any of the decent ones they've had.

Why can't they keep them?...is it $ or is it the humiliation of having Birchmore as coach?[/QUOTE]

At least he has the balls to have a crack.... What's your credentials? The only humiliation on here is that u failed finger painting at beauty school princess. Maybe u should get some ability and start playing at 2 instead of 12 before u rip a bloke for taking on a club that were and are still pushing shit up hill? Poor form.....

I wouldn't be writing Newbridge off just yet. Some very handy recruits so far, anything less than finals will be very disappointing.

Is it true that Justin McEwan is heading overseas for the year as well?

Would be another big loss for them

Yeah, going overseas.

New recruits will more than compensate for all those big losses though.

By the way, who are all these big losses, only two isn't there? Wouldn't be many clubs out there who haven't lost more than two senior players. Phil must be holding the group together pretty well by the looks.

Yeah, going overseas.

New recruits will more than compensate for all those big losses though.

By the way, who are all these big losses, only two isn't there? Wouldn't be many clubs out there who haven't lost more than two senior players. Phil must be holding the group together pretty well by the looks.

Another big LOSS. Kingma and Mcewan would have been two of Newbridge's better players over the past two years. You may have more players coming in but losing players out of your top 5 are always hurts more than out of your bottom 5-10. You tend to move up the ladder quicker when you are just adding players instead of gain 5 but lose 2 very good ones.

Be careful though Kingma and Mcewan might have been in Newbridge's best few players but they would be lucky to get a game in some of the top sides. Being the best player in a rubbish side does not make you a gun. Newbridge were so far off the pace few out few in, who cares will still be way off the mark

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perhaps if Serps ground was on the river theyd have all this plus some more.

[/B]

Why can't they keep them?...is it $ or is it the humiliation of having Birchmore as coach?

At least he has the balls to have a crack.... What's your credentials? The only humiliation on here is that u failed finger painting at beauty school princess. Maybe u should get some ability and start playing at 2 instead of 12 before u rip a bloke for taking on a club that were and are still pushing shit up hill? Poor form.....[/QUOTE]

Well said Dennis from all sources Birchmore has worked his arse off for that club and deserves every right to be in charge at riverside park, and with those 2 players leaving i wouldnt call them "great players" just some of the best in a bad bunch, but don't be surprised if the maroons are the biggest movers up the ladder this year.... Have a few things up there sleeves

At least he has the balls to have a crack.... What's your credentials? The only humiliation on here is that u failed finger painting at beauty school princess. Maybe u should get some ability and start playing at 2 instead of 12 before u rip a bloke for taking on a club that were and are still pushing shit up hill? Poor form.....

Well said Dennis from all sources Birchmore has worked his arse off for that club and deserves every right to be in charge at riverside park, and with those 2 players leaving i wouldnt call them "great players" just some of the best in a bad bunch, but don't be surprised if the maroons are the biggest movers up the ladder this year.... Have a few things up there sleeves[/quote]

I also recall Newbridge being second or third favourites in sportsbet for the flag around this time last year and was plenty of banter happening on here much similar to what is being said now. Just wait for Round 1 Maroons and let ur footy do the talking, dont go getting too carried away on here

Well said Dennis from all sources Birchmore has worked his arse off for that club and deserves every right to be in charge at riverside park, and with those 2 players leaving i wouldnt call them "great players" just some of the best in a bad bunch, but don't be surprised if the maroons are the biggest movers up the ladder this year.... Have a few things up there sleeves[/QUOTE]

maybe Birchmore should join the committee out at Riverside rather than coaching? because his coaching is about as good as his kicking. He isn't the player he used to be, because of age, etc, and he is prone to sniping blokes through frustration.

Well said Dennis from all sources Birchmore has worked his arse off for that club and deserves every right to be in charge at riverside park, and with those 2 players leaving i wouldnt call them "great players" just some of the best in a bad bunch, but don't be surprised if the maroons are the biggest movers up the ladder this year.... Have a few things up there sleeves

maybe Birchmore should join the committee out at Riverside rather than coaching? because his coaching is about as good as his kicking. He isn't the player he used to be, because of age, etc, and he is prone to sniping blokes through frustration.[/quote]

Not just Phil.... Plenty of others that snipe and maybe past their glory days but at least it keeps clubs and the leagues going when the older blokes have a crack and play....

You probably should read what I said before you start chucking tantrums & name calling pal. Only commented on the fact that Newbridge have lost five of their best probably 8 players over the last two seasons & implied that if they want to improve they better have some good recruits coming through, which looking at the clearances they don't yet. Never once mentioned the state of affairs at Newbridge or my thoughts on Birchmore as a caoch or person. For the record I don't know him at all well but he comes across as a bit of a space cadet on the footy field, which is still half a dozen rungs higher on the respectability ladder than you!

You probably should read what I said before you start chucking tantrums & name calling pal. Only commented on the fact that Newbridge have lost five of their best probably 8 players over the last two seasons & implied that if they want to improve they better have some good recruits coming through, which looking at the clearances they don't yet. Never once mentioned the state of affairs at Newbridge or my thoughts on Birchmore as a caoch or person. For the record I don't know him at all well but he comes across as a bit of a space cadet on the footy field, which is still half a dozen rungs higher on the respectability ladder than you!

Ive been holding my tongue at bit over the past few days. But stuff it, after a couple of frothies by the way. Birchy has done more for a club then most senior coaches have done. Im not going to go into it, but you would be flabbergasted on what he has gone through as a coach. Hands up who would want to coach a club with out a ground and so many issues off field. He is by far one of the most passionate blokes I have seen in coaching. In relation to "Best Players" leaving...thats funny. Newbridge have been flying under the rader over the past few months in regards to recruiting and what not. Injuries hit us hard last year, and maybe we were leaving it up to, too few. Last year was about trying to make best of a real shit situation, but 2012 will be different. Not talking about flags but a more productive year on field. Off field we are still up the creek in relation to facilities. But from hard work from the committee the Maroons will be flying high at Riverside.

Ive been holding my tongue at bit over the past few days. But stuff it, after a couple of frothies by the way. Birchy has done more for a club then most senior coaches have done. Im not going to go into it, but you would be flabbergasted on what he has gone through as a coach. Hands up who would want to coach a club with out a ground and so many issues off field. He is by far one of the most passionate blokes I have seen in coaching. In relation to "Best Players" leaving...thats funny. Newbridge have been flying under the rader over the past few months in regards to recruiting and what not. Injuries hit us hard last year, and maybe we were leaving it up to, too few. Last year was about trying to make best of a real shit situation, but 2012 will be different. Not talking about flags but a more productive year on field. Off field we are still up the creek in relation to facilities. But from hard work from the committee the Maroons will be flying high at Riverside.

Hey Catter, you know who I am and know I have nothing to do with Newbridge Footy Club and never have. I absolutely agree that the coach has had more to deal with then most other coaches would ever have to go through due to the off field circumstances. I have played against him on numerous occassions in the old days and I didn't think he was the type of bloke to be a coach but I mst give him the credit he deserve for what he did last year and hope that the club as a whole can bounce back

Hey Catter, you know who I am and know I have nothing to do with Newbridge Footy Club and never have. I absolutely agree that the coach has had more to deal with then most other coaches would ever have to go through due to the off field circumstances. I have played against him on numerous occassions in the old days and I didn't think he was the type of bloke to be a coach but I mst give him the credit he deserve for what he did last year and hope that the club as a whole can bounce back

Roota, you would be the first to understand to issues with a struggling club. But Lalbert have come through the dark stages and set themselves up for an excititing time. In relation to Birchy, he does wear his heart on his sleeve, but he has matured as a person and as a leader. The club has made alot of in roads over the past year.
There was nothing worse going out to training and seeing the car wreck, which was the old clubrooms. Unfortunately the Shire gave us more hurdles to jump through then neccessary. We can now say that progress is being made and a new facility will be raring to go next year (it will be amazing mind you)...BTW keep your eye on the clearances in the next month....cant let to match out of the bag this early ol mate...... BTW Roota when are you coming for a hit at United in Emu Valley?

:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::)

Roota, you would be the first to understand to issues with a struggling club. But Lalbert have come through the dark stages and set themselves up for an excititing time. In relation to Birchy, he does wear his heart on his sleeve, but he has matured as a person and as a leader. The club has made alot of in roads over the past year.
There was nothing worse going out to training and seeing the car wreck, which was the old clubrooms. Unfortunately the Shire gave us more hurdles to jump through then neccessary. We can now say that progress is being made and a new facility will be raring to go next year (it will be amazing mind you)...BTW keep your eye on the clearances in the next month....cant let to match out of the bag this early ol mate...... BTW Roota when are you coming for a hit at United in Emu Valley?

Yes Birchmore does wear his heart on his sleeve. He gets emotionally involved in the game because he wants to get the most out of the team and his players, he obviously is an underrated coach and person by a lot of ppl on here when I bet most of you blokes that are ripping him have done stuff all in your life and never had the balls to take anything like this on... And I agree maroons will be a lot more competitive this year, maybe even keep both eyes on clearances :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back