LVFL - 2011 PRE Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: LVFL - Part 3

Serp to announce their new coach in the coming days.

New President and Vice-President to boot.

Some old faces from the glory days returning, some new.

Also Dustin Craig to join Mounts.

And a couple of clubs into the burra's Jarrod Findlay.

YCW offering big cash and assistant coaching role. Unbelievable move but not a lot of interest from his side. The kid is only 19 for goodness sake.

YCW offering big cash and assistant coaching role. Unbelievable move but not a lot of interest from his side. The kid is only 19 for goodness sake.

Gadsden, Pointon, Harrison, Stemmy and Neimann coming out of retirement again??

Findlay taking Mounts cash instead isn't he?

BIRCHMORE to Newbridge!! See how my old mate goes, should be fun Pyramid Vs Newbridge, Filo will enjoy that and i know you will be looking at this post old mate, sort of good luck to ya?! The Hill going ok, got a few Holdstocks to mention a few, got to luv the silly season! What else is going on?

Was speaking to Trevor Arnell last night and it's been confirmed that LVFL will be playing MCDFL on the Queen's B'day long weekend next year. Forgot to ask him where it's scheduled to be played though.

Any word on who? I heard along the grapevine it could be an ex-bridgewater centre half forward but as I said, this could well be a rumour???

Gadsden, Pointon, Harrison, Stemmy and Neimann coming out of retirement again??

:D:thumbsu:

Not quite.

Findlay taking Mounts cash instead isn't he?

Not sure. Certainly more interest then the YC offer. But him and his old man weren't giving too much away. Fair enough, don't think he has fully made up his mind yet.

Any word on who? I heard along the grapevine it could be an ex-bridgewater centre half forward but as I said, this could well be a rumour???

Not sure if he has been a Bridgy CHF but he has played for Serp before. Coached them before too. He's got the job. I'll wait until they announce it because I'm not supposed to know let alone tell the world about it.

Latest Lip news... yet to be finalised, but here it is

South Bendigo legend JOHN HARDINGE to YCW ... Ass Coach.

Heard Elmore. Pretty solidly too.

Has 3 good mates out there (Keely, Lake and Griffin) and a few others he knows. Plus if Childs returns (reasonably likely) he is as good as there.

You might be right though.

:D:thumbsu:

Not sure if he has been a Bridgy CHF but he has played for Serp before. Coached them before too. He's got the job. I'll wait until they announce it because I'm not supposed to know let alone tell the world about it.

Wasn't it in the paper on the weekend? Feather-somebody. Coached them to their last GF appearance

BIRCHMORE to Newbridge!! See how my old mate goes, should be fun Pyramid Vs Newbridge, Filo will enjoy that and i know you will be looking at this post old mate, sort of good luck to ya?! The Hill going ok, got a few Holdstocks to mention a few, got to luv the silly season! What else is going on?

Expect the old "Jingle" belz to be following stocky around all day when they play

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Expect the old "Jingle" belz to be following stocky around all day when they play
Which one of the Holdstocks "Trent":eek: Have you any idea on how to gag belzy:D noisy little critter:thumbsdown:Interesting duo out there, think Birchy is trying to get a few of the good quality Kerang 2's from Bendigo out there, Jars, Campbell and co. They better be nice to their old coach:)

Which one of the Holdstocks "Trent":eek: Have you any idea on how to gag belzy:D noisy little critter:thumbsdown:Interesting duo out there, think Birchy is trying to get a few of the good quality Kerang 2's from Bendigo out there, Jars, Campbell and co. They better be nice to their old coach:)

well birchy to newbridge, cvf interview asked what was his selling point to newbridge, birchy said he has so much to offer, in how a team should play, set up, and train. well pyramid fell for that one to. pyramid finished 2nd before he came, 4th when he was there, then 2nd when he left,:confused:
not sure where newbridge will go from here.

Birchmore is not a bad bloke & player but isnt a very effective coach & is the worse kick of the footy to ever cross the white line!
Dead set butchers the ball nearly as bad as Dennis Grinton.

Birchill is short for Phill Birchmore!
Ablett I ask again what are your qualifications for commenting on these guys-Carter and Grinton
Have you played at all,have you coached at all at any level-grinton is generally considered as one of the best kicks going around albeit most kicks are short.At Mounts I cannot remember him missing a target when kicking off from full back which is generally the hardest position to do it from

Birchmore is not a bad bloke & player but isnt a very effective coach & is the worse kick of the footy to ever cross the white line!
Dead set butchers the ball nearly as bad as Dennis Grinton.

Are the wheels falling off at Newbridge? Phil Birchmore signed up as coach a week ago and now captain and the best thing the club had going for it in Sammy Mildren is off to Strathfieldsaye! Good luck to him as he deserves to have a crack at a higher level, but geez Newbridge looking to go even further backwards next season unless something drastic happens leading up to the start of pre-season.

Ablett I ask again what are your qualifications for commenting on these guys-Carter and Grinton
Have you played at all,have you coached at all at any level-grinton is generally considered as one of the best kicks going around albeit most kicks are short.At Mounts I cannot remember him missing a target when kicking off from full back which is generally the hardest position to do it from

Have played against Carter & Grinton , havent coached but have been invovled in coaching & have played higher standard than what this area has to offer.
Got nothing against Carter personally, he's a decent fellow, was/is a kick scab & anyone would've coached Mount Pleasant to those flags. He had gun recruits & an open cheque book we'll see how he goes at Calivil where he wont be able to attract with the big cash.

Grinton was just a typical bash & crash onballer with minimal skill & ability, if he was starting out now he struggle big time.

it would have to be tony he will be the premier mid of the comp next season, and would imagine jing would put his hand up to go one on one with him. Would think birchy would be chance to bring walters and joey coatsworth to newbridge

Any news on any departures/arrivals at any clubs?

Joel Whybird to White Hills, would be a pretty big loss for the super roos as he has done a good job a full back for them.

Interesting if Jimmy Angrove has got any square boys out to marong?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back