Injury Jed's Shoulder trouble - now on the LTI list (1/5/2014)

Remove this Banner Ad

He aint coming back

Yep, heard a lot of people say exactly the same thing about Stratton when he dislocated his knee in 2011 against Richmond and had surgery to repair his posterior cruciate ligament. He missed most of the remainder of the year yet returned to play in the last home and away game of the season and all the 2011 final series.

Not saying Jed is going to do the same, I just don't jump to conclusions as though this is a black and white situation because it ain't. I shall keep an open mind and will wait and see. If others want to write Jed off at this point, that is their prerogative.

Yep, heard a lot of people say exactly the same thing about Stratton when he dislocated his knee in 2011 against Richmond and had surgery to repair his posterior cruciate ligament. He missed most of the remainder of the year yet returned to play in the last home and away game of the season and all the 2011 final series.

Not saying Jed is going to do the same, I just don't jump to conclusions as though this is a black and white situation because it ain't. I shall keep an open mind and will wait and see. If others want to write Jed off at this point, that is their prerogative.
In fairness Stratts was quite rusty upon return and for the rest of 2011.

ok black and white mate. The club and young jed have decided he aint playing this year.

They said we either wait 3 months and see if the shoulder is good and he plays...or he gets surgery and it's hello 2015.

He's had surgery. Do the math

*sigh* Read the thread - he'll be right late August. Most probably that means season-ending however I doubt the club will rule a definitive line thru that in June.

Agent Smirh had the same source though, maybe a different interpretation of what was said?
ok i can understand being optimistic and i would be too had i not heard what i heard from him. Lets leave it at that ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe you are being pessimistic ;)
Ok his words not mine Jed was hoping to be back by August but has been told by the club he aint going to be playing again this year. About as Black and white as it can get. By the way i am generally very optimistic when it comes to Hawthorn ;)

Ok his words not mine Jed was hoping to be back by August but has been told by the club he aint going to be playing again this year. About as Black and white as it can get. By the way i am generally very optimistic when it comes to Hawthorn ;)

Not what he said to me. Therefore, it ain't black and white. Which is thankful, for those are loser colours. ;)

Not what he said to me. Therefore, it ain't black and white. Which is thankful, for those are loser colours. ;)
fair enough. I think i will go with what he said about the club telling him he aint playing this year to whatever he told you.

Last edited:
really disappointed he wont be going around this season. This season could not possibly have gone any worse. The only silver lining is we are getting a good look at all our depth players in the bigtime. Will help enormously with list management decisions.

I
really disappointed he wont be going around this season. This season could not possibly have gone any worse. The only silver lining is we are getting a good look at all our depth players in the bigtime. Will help enormously with list management decisions.
I'd rather we called them our future instead of our depth :)

For all that we are still sitting 2nd on the ladder. We are better placed than in 2009 when we had a similar run of bad injuries.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back