News Jake Pasini signs with Swan Districts

Remove this Banner Ad

Making note that philthy05 thought really highly of Pasini's game on probably the best key forward in the SANFL (McBean).

I reckon if he got called up at some point, he'd best fit in Jonas's spot.
I agree that Pasini's best fit for the Power is probably the Tom Jonas role.
Tom will be 33 a few months before the beginning of next season, so it's possible he could pull the pin.

hope he does. He is finished now.
Harsh. I’m not sure there are many players that will look back on the first few weeks of 2022 fondly, TJ amongst them.

He is still a tough competitor and I would give him time to prove himself yet.

Also TJ is playing tall, medium and small. He is coordinating the defence and is an Uber competitor. I’m not sure that Pasini takes TJ’s position, does he? Really I think Jake is more suited to Clurey’s spot.

Allir intercepts, Pasini plays second tall and we need another player for that fullback, first tall defender.

It seems like we have:
  • Aliir, McKenzie and Burton as interceptors
  • McKenzie, Burton and TJ as the third tall or medium/small defender
  • Clurey, Pasini, McKenzie and TJ as second tall defender types

We don’t really have a huge, hulking or giant fullback type, what Alipate used to be for us, players like Harris Andrews, Weitering/Liam Jones, Sam Collins, Phil Davis, Barrass, Talia, etc. Maybe those who have watched more Maggies than me could see Pasini filling this role, or perhaps I’m underselling Clurey.

Harsh. I’m not sure there are many players that will look back on the first few weeks of 2022 fondly, TJ amongst them.

He is still a tough competitor and I would give him time to prove himself yet.

Also TJ is playing tall, medium and small. He is coordinating the defence and is an Uber competitor. I’m not sure that Pasini takes TJ’s position, does he? Really I think Jake is more suited to Clurey’s spot.

Allir intercepts, Pasini plays second tall and we need another player for that fullback, first tall defender.

It seems like we have:
  • Aliir, McKenzie and Burton as interceptors
  • McKenzie, Burton and TJ as the third tall or medium/small defender
  • Clurey, Pasini, McKenzie and TJ as second tall defender types

We don’t really have a huge, hulking or giant fullback type, what Alipate used to be for us, players like Harris Andrews, Weitering/Liam Jones, Sam Collins, Phil Davis, Barrass, Talia, etc. Maybe those who have watched more Maggies than me could see Pasini filling this role, or perhaps I’m underselling Clurey.
I get your point and I like to be positive too, but I think Jonas has slowed right down and is easily exploited now. Should be investing in Lachie Jones as that hybrid tall/smaller defender and Pasini too obv.

Jonas shouldn't have been picked for half the games last year. He's only another year slower and older in 2022. The slopfest against the Saints his downsides (exposed against taller KPF's, runs like he's wearing cement boots, candidate for worst kick out on an AFL list) don't show, but any game not in those conditions he's a liability more often than not now. Shouldn't have been Captain in 2022 and if (please god no) Hinkley is still here in 2023 must be gone, as we've had ample evidence Hinkley can't resist playing players that SHOULD be good backup only as mainstays. If Hinkley is gone (please!), then if a new coach is willing to say he's there to mentor the younger players in the SANFL and be injury cover he should stay for 2023/2024.

Thought Jonas had his best quarter for the year followed by 3 return to 2022 quarters on the weekend

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s horrible. Was in great form and I really wanted to see if he got a chance at afl level and what he could do
That's ******* dreadful. I watched him in a couple of Magpies games and he really looked to be making big strides towards becoming an AFL defender. Hope he is disciplined enough to do the right things to get himself back into the frame. There will definitely be opportunities available as soon as he makes his return.

Bloody terrible news.

Has made fantastic progress this year, after stacking on some size over the preseason.

Watched him play very well against WWT last Saturday, and thought he's not far off getting a game, given his good form and the way Clurey has played and Mckenzie is still out for a month with his injury.

He's out of contract at the end of this year and still a rookie list player.

I'm guessing we would have to wait until the end of the season to re-sign him to the main list, once delistings are done and we have some free spots.

😯😯 I was 97% sure he was contracted for next year as well..... I would like to think with the form he was showing they will sit down with him and work something out.

😯😯 I was 97% sure he was contracted for next year as well..... I would like to think with the form he was showing they will sit down with him and work something out.

He signed a two year contract at the end of 2020 to take him to the end of the 2022 season.

I haven’t seen him play this year but reports were good. We signed him to an extension early, so obviously thought he had talent. This will be his second long lay off (shoulder?),

We also picked up skinner and played him and a wounded McKenzie over Pasini. And he has been an emergency once? I think this year.

Is Jake getting another contract?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back