News Jake Pasini signs with Swan Districts

Remove this Banner Ad

So where do we see Jake fitting in? For TJ? Or McKenzie?

Seems to have some speed (maybe just compared to SANFL players) so could he play the Burton role and let Burton push higher up the field?

Was there a reason we went with Skinner over Pasini when we were short defenders? Is Jake getting games this year?

So where do we see Jake fitting in? For TJ? Or McKenzie?

Seems to have some speed (maybe just compared to SANFL players) so could he play the Burton role and let Burton push higher up the field?

Was there a reason we went with Skinner over Pasini when we were short defenders? Is Jake getting games this year?
Thought he continued his good form again today has to be getting closer

So wasteful putting those games into Skinner
Yea in hindsight, Skinner is an odd choice for break glass in emergency back up.

Only had 4 games to his name so wasn’t exactly experienced and confident in his game. Had 3 past knee recons so wasn’t bringing reliability and athleticism either.
It’s like we recruited him to both be young and developing and also an experienced, emergency option without a hope of him being able to achieve either.

Poor guy seems bereft of confidence and now has to play out of position at times to cover the SANFL team.

He’s everything (so far) you would have hoped for when we rookied him. Has a game that should hold up at AFL level. Brave in the air, doesn’t seem to give up easily until the ball is over the goal line, reads the flight of the ball well, strong mark, neat disposal. Decisive footballer who plays with good intensity. Not slow.

I hope we call him up the next time we’re down a tall defender (even ahead of TK’s man McKenzie).

Then it’s just a matter of time when Jonas is prepared to stand to the side for him. That may not be for a couple of years unless a new coach comes in.

I was impressed with Pasini yesterday, his agility and closing speed were exemplary but unless he is something very special he is yet another Port defender who is only 3rd tall size for AFL footy.
That aside he has shown enough to at least be given a chance at the higher level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was impressed with Pasini yesterday, his agility and closing speed were exemplary but unless he is something very special he is yet another Port defender who is only 3rd tall size for AFL footy.
That aside he has shown enough to at least be given a chance at the higher level.
He’s 194cm. That’s plenty tall enough. Ideally you would have another bigger defender next to him but his height isn’t an issue. He’s taller than Jonas clurey and McKenzie

It's time to assure him of a long term contract on the main list and give a number much lower than #48.

It's time to assure him of a long term contract on the main list and give a number much lower than #48.
Yeah maybe we could wait until he plays a single solitary AFL game before we give him a long term contract.

Yeah maybe we could wait until he plays a single solitary AFL game before we give him a long term contract.

He's on the rookie list still, so can we offer him a main list contract before the end of the season?

Jonas has been cooked for the last couple of years and is little more than a liability to our already lacking defence - if he wasn’t captain, I doubt he would even be getting a game!

I’d be looking to replace him with Jake as soon as possible.

Last year I thought he wasn't going to be good enough to get a game in the A grade after watching the 4 or 5 times he played for the Maggies.

Maybe that shoulder injury affected him a lot more than was discussed on here and elsewhere.

But this year he is playing with a lot more confidence and making less mistakes.

But at 193cm, he is giving away height to a lot of AFL KPF's, so he has to bulk up to be able to compete with them. If the 86kgs he is listed at is correct he still has to put on at least 9kgs. Clurey is 193/95.

I was impressed by him yesterday too . Thought he looked the most likely to be given a shot in the big league . Yea I think Jonas replacement for next year and ready to go if Clurey , Jonas or Allir is injured

Making note that philthy05 thought really highly of Pasini's game on probably the best key forward in the SANFL (McBean).

I reckon if he got called up at some point, he'd best fit in Jonas's spot.

Making note that philthy05 thought really highly of Pasini's game on probably the best key forward in the SANFL (McBean).

I reckon if he got called up at some point, he'd best fit in Jonas's spot.
And when 202cm McBean went into ruck, the bays 200cm ruck went forward and pasini stood him.

I think pasini is a very well rounded player. I’ve been amazed by his speed this year too. I knew he was no slouch but there’s been a few occasions in the last few games where he has put the jets on and overtaken players going for the same ball that he had no right getting to first.

Posters saying he isn’t a key defender really should have been watching him.

Pasini and lord as our bookends have absolutely held the magpies together this year (as much as you could call this season held together) without them every game would have been a massive soul crushing loss.

The two players whose development I’ve most been surprised by this year.

I’ll be absolutely livid if we don’t get a couple of games into pasini this year ready for him to launch in 2023.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back