Mid East Israel declare war after Hamas attack II

Remove this Banner Ad

Part I:

Thread Rules:
Alright.

I recognise that this is a fraught topic for any number of you posting here. Some of you will have family in Israel or Palestine. Some of you will have connections to either side of the conflict. What you need to understand is that this site has rules governing posting standards and the appropriate way to talk to other posters, and you will abide by them.

How this interacts with this thread is that the following will result in your post being deleted, with a recurrence of the same behaviour resulting in (depending on severity) a threadban for a week and a day off:
  • direct labelling of someone as anti-semitic or a terrorist sympathiser for posting that is merely critical of Israel's response over time. I appreciate that Israel has the right to defend themselves from violence, but that does not mean that Israel has carte blanche to attack disproportionately towards people under their care.
  • deliberate goading or flippant responses, designed to get people reacting to your posting emotionally.
  • abuse.
  • attempts to turn this into a Left vs Right shitfight.
  • If I see the word 'Nazi' in here, you had better be able to justify it in the post you're making and the comparison had better be apt. Godwin's law is in full effect for the purposes of this thread; if you refer to Nazis, you've lost whatever argument you're involved in.
  • Any defense of Hamas' actions on the basis of justification. There's no justification for genocide, regardless of whether or not they have the power to do so.
Please recognise that this is a difficult time for all involved, and some level of sensitivity is absolutely required to permit discussion to flow. From time to time, mods will reach out to specific posters and do some welfare checks; we may even give posters who get a bit too involved some days off to give people some time to cool down. This is not a reflection on you as a poster, merely that this is an intense subject.

I get that this is a fairly intense topic about which opinion can diverge rather significantly. If you feel you cannot be respectful in your disagreement with another poster, it is frequently better to refuse to engage than it is to take up the call.

From this point, any poster who finds themselves directly insulting another poster will find themselves receiving a threadban and an infraction, with each subsequent reoccurance resulting in steadily more points added to your account.

If you accumulate enough points in a 12 month period you will lose privileges:

5 points - 1 week off.
10 points - 2 weeks off
15 points - 3 weeks off
20 points - Account banned.

It has also become apparent that this needs to be said: just because someone moderates a part of this forum that isn't on Int Pol or the SRP does not hold them to a different standard of posting than anyone else. All of us were posters first, and we are allowed to hold opinions on this and share them on this forum.

Treat each other with the respect each of you deserve.

Thanks all.
Play nicely, all.

Last edited:
Iran's leadership are worse or as bad as Saddam, they're theocrats and Islamic fundamentalists. Their proxies have been in wars all over the Middle East. They didn't start them all, but they don't exactly stay out of things.

I'm not saying I want Iran to have a nuclear weapon, but the world is just about forcing them to develop one with threats and attacks on proxies as well as hypocrisy in dealings by the West in the region. They're probably only a couple of years away with very little between now and then to stop them.

People are wondering why Iran is supporting Russia in Ukraine, maybe nuclear programs support is one we don't know about. Israel helped Sth Africa with theirs when Sth Africa were a pariah state.
Iran have no designs on invading anyone. Their human rights is atrocious but they are not in the business of murdering their own civilians en masse like Saddam did. They really are nothing like Saddam Hussein's Iraq. Hussein is behind probably Hitler, Pol Pot, Stalin & Genghis Khan as the most brutal dictators we have ever seen.

I actually believe Iran would completely back off their Israeli rhetoric if they were allowed to trade unsanctioned in the international community and take Russia's place on the international energy market. That's what Iran really craves, be part of the international community and make a fortune off its natural resources. Right now they sell it mostly to the Chinese at a discount and/or any nation that's happy to trade with them despite sanctions (India, African states without oil).

The US actually wants as little to do with Iran as possible.

Iran have no designs on invading anyone. Their human rights is atrocious but they are not in the business of murdering their own civilians en masse like Saddam did. They really are nothing like Saddam Hussein's Iraq. Hussein is behind probably Hitler, Pol Pot, Stalin & Genghis Khan as the most brutal dictators we have ever seen.

I actually believe Iran would completely back off their Israeli rhetoric if they were allowed to trade unsanctioned in the international community and take Russia's place on the international energy market. That's what Iran really craves, be part of the international community and make a fortune off its natural resources. Right now they sell it mostly to the Chinese at a discount and/or any nation that's happy to trade with them despite sanctions (India, African states without oil).

The US actually wants as little to do with Iran as possible.
I think the US and its allies in the region, particularly Saudi Arabia, do not want Iran to make so much money and become local rivals. Saudi invaded Yemen for this reason. They're fighting a regional sectarian war and the US supports the other side from Iran.

Otherwise they would have just lifted sanctions anyway. Like you said, they're not as bad as Saudi Arabia right now, so not sure why the sanctions are so harsh.

Here's an Israeli Mainstream TV host inciting Genocide on live TV because some Gazans went to the beach.

"These people deserve death, a hard death, an agonizing death.........there are no innocents there......we should have seen a lot more revenge, a lot more rivers of Gazan blood".

Pretty chilling stuff. Also incitement to genocide is a war crime.

They're doing this on Live TV and everyone's pretending it's normal. It reminds me of the broadcasts about cockroaches on Rwandan radio in the lead-up to their genocide.

Here's an Israeli Mainstream TV host inciting Genocide on live TV because some Gazans went to the beach.

"These people deserve death, a hard death, an agonizing death.........there are no innocents there......we should have seen a lot more revenge, a lot more rivers of Gazan blood".

They're doing this on Live TV and everyone's pretending it's normal. It reminds me of the broadcasts about cockroaches on Rwandan radio in the lead-up to their genocide.

I seriously cannot imagine the uproar this would cause if it was a TV show in any other country but Israel. I cant imagine it. Seriously, can anyone think of a "respectable" country this would be allowed?

the shining beacon of Democracy in the Middle East indeed.

I seriously cannot imagine the uproar this would cause if it was a TV show in any other country but Israel. I cant imagine it. Seriously, can anyone think of a "respectable" country this would be allowed?

Imagine if a Palestinian got on Australian TV and said "no Israeli is innocent, we should kill them all".

The station would be banned, everyone would be sacked, it would be pandemonium. But Israel does it, and we do deals with the weapons companies from Israel and wring our hands about "well they're killing all the civilians, but we're not sure if they mean it so we can't prove intent."

But they're showing their intent on mainstream TV and in terrorist attacks and settlements in the West Bank every day.

Imagine if a Palestinian got on Australian TV and said "no Israeli is innocent, we should kill them all".

The station would be banned, everyone would be sacked, it would be pandemonium. But Israel does it, and we do deals with the weapons companies from Israel and wring our hands about "well they're killing all the civilians, but we're not sure if they mean it so we can't prove intent."

But they're showing their intent on mainstream TV and in terrorist attacks and settlements in the West Bank every day.
I am pretty sure they would be arrested and put in jail for breaching an incitement law or something.

I am pretty sure they would be arrested and put in jail for breaching an incitement law or something.
Well, yeah, incitement to Genocide is a war crime.

But if you're saying it about darker-skinned people, people are unsure about intent. If darker skinned people say it, then they must mean it and they should be punished.

Well, yeah, incitement to Genocide is a war crime.

But if you're saying it about darker-skinned people, people are unsure about intent. If darker skinned people say it, then they must mean it and they should be punished.
There always seems to be an excuse, doest there? Humanity needs a benevolent dictator to smite people.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe right wing media in America could get there? Not yet, they do it with more of a wink and a nod currently.

just one example. they have controlled the narrative politically, in the media, and through wealth, position, and influence such as this for decades.

this!

just one example. they have controlled the narrative politically, in the media, and through wealth, position, and influence such as this for decades.

this!

yep, the Zionists own the US politicians. They all bend over for them because they know money wins the seats and without the Zionists, they wouldnt get "elected"

they own the Aussy politicians too BTW

Yes, it is completely logical that Iran, a country who attacked a US airbase then shot down a passenger jet because they thought it was a cruise missile (despite flight tracking being available publicly on a mobile phone app) is a logical candidate for a nuclear weapons program. Iran saying the need nukes is a bit like Saudi Arabia saying they need nukes. There likely won't ever be new nuclear weapons state again so it's a moot point anyway.

What makes you think this? The no new nuclear states part? Haven’t Russia started putting nukes in Belaruse and aren’t Poland currently petitioning NATO to house nukes on Polish territory? To me, both of these would then become new nuclear weapons states.

I know its only a prediction but do you think in the 20 or so years it takes us to get our nuclear powered submarines that the next steps would be arming them with up to date weapons?

Im not sure what would stop a state like Iran or the Saudis developing nuclear weapons if they really wanted the3m.

The IAEA is saying Iran is weeks away from having enough enriched Uranium to build a bomb, but the existence of a bomb would be speculative.

Putting the amount of enriched Uranium together with a desperate Russia being partnered with Iran on multiple fronts, I think a nuclear Iran will happen sooner than many think.

Did you watch all of it ?
They stipulated it was his opinion. He acknowledged it was an emotional rant and his blood was boiling . He framed it around the release of hostages.

Did you watch all of it ?
They stipulated it was his opinion. He acknowledged it was an emotional rant and his blood was boiling . He framed it around the release of hostages.
That doesn't change the fact it's a call to genocide.

Poor Germans.

Desperately trying to make up for their genocide by supporting Israel without question - even arresting and refusing entry to people questioning Israel's genocide - and what does Bibi do?

Keeps bringing up Germany's genocide!

Just can't win.

That doesn't change the fact it's a call to genocide.

Yep. An individual on live TV during a rant basically said continue with the bombing and shelling until these people start demanding that their leaders give back the hostages. Don’t be enjoying yourselves while you still have Israeli hostages basically.

I don’t know if that’s a “ call to genocide “. I’d imagine genocide would mean the other side has no means to stop the genocide. Hamas can stop the killing right now and so can Israel. Both have a choice.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back