Mid East Israel declare war after Hamas attack II

Remove this Banner Ad

Part I:

Thread Rules:
Alright.

I recognise that this is a fraught topic for any number of you posting here. Some of you will have family in Israel or Palestine. Some of you will have connections to either side of the conflict. What you need to understand is that this site has rules governing posting standards and the appropriate way to talk to other posters, and you will abide by them.

How this interacts with this thread is that the following will result in your post being deleted, with a recurrence of the same behaviour resulting in (depending on severity) a threadban for a week and a day off:
  • direct labelling of someone as anti-semitic or a terrorist sympathiser for posting that is merely critical of Israel's response over time. I appreciate that Israel has the right to defend themselves from violence, but that does not mean that Israel has carte blanche to attack disproportionately towards people under their care.
  • deliberate goading or flippant responses, designed to get people reacting to your posting emotionally.
  • abuse.
  • attempts to turn this into a Left vs Right shitfight.
  • If I see the word 'Nazi' in here, you had better be able to justify it in the post you're making and the comparison had better be apt. Godwin's law is in full effect for the purposes of this thread; if you refer to Nazis, you've lost whatever argument you're involved in.
  • Any defense of Hamas' actions on the basis of justification. There's no justification for genocide, regardless of whether or not they have the power to do so.
Please recognise that this is a difficult time for all involved, and some level of sensitivity is absolutely required to permit discussion to flow. From time to time, mods will reach out to specific posters and do some welfare checks; we may even give posters who get a bit too involved some days off to give people some time to cool down. This is not a reflection on you as a poster, merely that this is an intense subject.

I get that this is a fairly intense topic about which opinion can diverge rather significantly. If you feel you cannot be respectful in your disagreement with another poster, it is frequently better to refuse to engage than it is to take up the call.

From this point, any poster who finds themselves directly insulting another poster will find themselves receiving a threadban and an infraction, with each subsequent reoccurance resulting in steadily more points added to your account.

If you accumulate enough points in a 12 month period you will lose privileges:

5 points - 1 week off.
10 points - 2 weeks off
15 points - 3 weeks off
20 points - Account banned.

It has also become apparent that this needs to be said: just because someone moderates a part of this forum that isn't on Int Pol or the SRP does not hold them to a different standard of posting than anyone else. All of us were posters first, and we are allowed to hold opinions on this and share them on this forum.

Treat each other with the respect each of you deserve.

Thanks all.
Play nicely, all.

Last edited:

You claimed the US does not support a two state solution. I responded and showed pretty clearly that is a false claim. It is a fact that the US supports a two state solution. End of discussion.

Ironically now you waffle on about other whataboutisms (sound familiar), go on to accuse the US of supporting murder while being absolutely silent about Iran who actually declare their intent to kill Jews and / or wipe Israel from the face of the earth.

Id also be interested to know why you repeat false rhetoric pretty much identical to the stuff Hamas / Hezbollah & Iran put out. It is telling.
Just like lots of other countries, the US says one thing, but it's actions mean it really thinks another.

They say they want a 2-state solution, but they don't. Every single action they've ever taken indicates they don't. It's the same as Netanyahu. Sometimes he says he wants peace, but behind closed doors, he's been exposed saying he wants Hamas in charge to keep the fight going so they can steal more land.

The US knows this and does nothing about it. Except funding the Israeli Govt which doesn't want a 2-state solution.

Anyone who believes the US wants a two-state solution probably also thinks they don't support fundamentalist theocracies.

Iran fears the US invading it. With good reason, because the US invaded it's neighbour based on a lie and destroyed the place, killing millions. That's only 20 years after the US had supported Iraq to invade Iran. The US is also closely allied with Iran's regional enemy, Saudi Arabia. You can't say America hates Iran because it's a religious theocracy which supports terrorism. Because Saudi Arabia is a religious theocracy which supports terrorism and they're the US's best friend.

It's logical that Iran wants a nuclear bomb to defend itself and it has every right to believe it's threatened.

American war materiEl low , here is what i mean when i say israelgaza and ukrainerussia inextricably linked , War MateriEl that Pentagon has can go either to ZelinskyKiev or BibiTelAviv here is Zelinsky whinging about not getting NATO rearmament
#f_for_Fungible

and that is how the Persians can influence the Russian battle in Ukraine because everyone besides Chief knows it is attrition warfare strategy , not designed to win , but just draw limited resources , as Mearsheimer elocutes here
vvv

It's logical that Iran wants a nuclear bomb to defend itself and it has every right to believe it's threatened.
Just like lots of other countries, the US says one thing, but it's actions mean it really thinks another.

They say they want a 2-state solution, but they don't. Every single action they've ever taken indicates they don't. It's the same as Netanyahu. Sometimes he says he wants peace, but behind closed doors, he's been exposed saying he wants Hamas in charge to keep the fight going so they can steal more land.

The US knows this and does nothing about it. Except funding the Israeli Govt which doesn't want a 2-state solution.

Anyone who believes the US wants a two-state solution probably also thinks they don't support fundamentalist theocracies.

Iran fears the US invading it. With good reason, because the US invaded it's neighbour based on a lie and destroyed the place, killing millions. That's only 20 years after the US had supported Iraq to invade Iran. The US is also closely allied with Iran's regional enemy, Saudi Arabia. You can't say America hates Iran because it's a religious theocracy which supports terrorism. Because Saudi Arabia is a religious theocracy which supports terrorism and they're the US's best friend.

major criticism of mearsheimer is he parrots the two-state nonsense , as you rightly say , look how they act not what they say . Britain and America are commited to TelAviv .

I don't think you are right on Tehran and nukes , not because of the ^argument you suggest

AustinScottHorton and NYCNimaShirazi are best sources

If i was god ( Yes tremble you minions ), I'd simply remove that whole area from the earth, that whole piece of land they claim is holy and theirs.

You wouldn't need the suez , it'd go right through.
yes , some nuffies from all sides have speculated a BenGurion channel which bypasses Suez to get to Med and create a channel to caucuses and central Asia landrail route , but this presupposes stream of Russian natural resources

yes , some nuffies from all sides have speculated a BenGurion channel which bypasses Suez to get to Med and create a channel to caucuses and central Asia landrail route , but this presupposes stream of Russian natural resources
That's me,firm believer in 'The Channel'.

Russia stewing thay gave up Alaska.
Bulk wealth as the ice melts in the Artic,well positioned.

Just got to watch out for the Chinese trawlers.
Deadliest catch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Israel reported a Community Centre was hit in a Lebanese border village.

Those poor U3A and senior cits using the Community Centre, you might think?

No, 14 soldiers and 4 civilians were hit.

So was it a community centre or an army base? Are Israel using human shields by hiding in Community Centres?

good guys dont use human shields...only terrorists :p

The Us provides around $8 million in economic aid every year to Israel. The US government actually provides far more funding to Palestinian territories than it does to Israel. You obviously are aware of the difference between military aid and economic aid.

Iran fears the US invading it. With good reason, because the US invaded it's neighbour based on a lie and destroyed the place,

A couple of obvious problems with this theory. Iran may be a pariah state but doesn't have the equivalent of a murders dictator (Saddam Hussein) who invaded neighboring countries.

Also Iran's ally is Qatar who have a defense agreement with the US. The US are not going to upset Qatar, they didn't even force Qatar to abandon their support for Hamas when they signed a defence agreement in January this year. Unless Iran starts a war against US allies in the ME there is 0% chance of the US invading Iran. Or any nation in the ME. Any reasonable minded person knows this. The best result for US is regional stability, not wars.

killing millions. That's only 20 years after the US had supported Iraq to invade Iran. The US is also closely allied with Iran's regional enemy, Saudi Arabia. You can't say America hates Iran because it's a religious theocracy which supports terrorism. Because Saudi Arabia is a religious theocracy which supports terrorism and they're the US's best friend.

Yes, it is completely logical that Iran, a country who attacked a US airbase then shot down a passenger jet because they thought it was a cruise missile (despite flight tracking being available publicly on a mobile phone app) is a logical candidate for a nuclear weapons program. Iran saying the need nukes is a bit like Saudi Arabia saying they need nukes. There likely won't ever be new nuclear weapons state again so it's a moot point anyway.

That's me,firm believer in 'The Channel'.

Russia stewing thay gave up Alaska.
Bulk wealth as the ice melts in the Artic,well positioned.

Just got to watch out for the Chinese trawlers.
Deadliest catch.

There's still little bits of Alyeska (Russian Alaska) left!

sadly this is the extreme zionist way. criticism of israel is verboten. they’ve practised censorship and intimidation for years, successfully curtailing opposition. kudos to louise and josh.

In response, leaders of established Jewish representative bodies and prominent Jewish figures – all supportive of Israel – accuse the group of adopting a name that misleads people about who they are and the extent to which they represent Australian Jews.

I'm sure the irony is completely lost on them.

The Us provides around $8 million in economic aid every year to Israel. The US government actually provides far more funding to Palestinian territories than it does to Israel. You obviously are aware of the difference between military aid and economic aid.

A couple of obvious problems with this theory. Iran may be a pariah state but doesn't have the equivalent of a murders dictator (Saddam Hussein) who invaded neighboring countries.

Also Iran's ally is Qatar who have a defense agreement with the US. The US are not going to upset Qatar, they didn't even force Qatar to abandon their support for Hamas when they signed a defence agreement in January this year. Unless Iran starts a war against US allies in the ME there is 0% chance of the US invading Iran. Or any nation in the ME. Any reasonable minded person knows this. The best result for US is regional stability, not wars.

Yes, it is completely logical that Iran, a country who attacked a US airbase then shot down a passenger jet because they thought it was a cruise missile (despite flight tracking being available publicly on a mobile phone app) is a logical candidate for a nuclear weapons program. Iran saying the need nukes is a bit like Saudi Arabia saying they need nukes. There likely won't ever be new nuclear weapons state again so it's a moot point anyway.
Iran's leadership are worse or as bad as Saddam, they're theocrats and Islamic fundamentalists. Their proxies have been in wars all over the Middle East. They didn't start them all, but they don't exactly stay out of things.

I'm not saying I want Iran to have a nuclear weapon, but the world is just about forcing them to develop one with threats and attacks on proxies as well as hypocrisy in dealings by the West in the region. They're probably only a couple of years away with very little between now and then to stop them.

People are wondering why Iran is supporting Russia in Ukraine, maybe nuclear programs support is one we don't know about. Israel helped Sth Africa with theirs when Sth Africa were a pariah state.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back