Mid East Israel declare war after Hamas attack II

Remove this Banner Ad

Part I:

Thread Rules:
Alright.

I recognise that this is a fraught topic for any number of you posting here. Some of you will have family in Israel or Palestine. Some of you will have connections to either side of the conflict. What you need to understand is that this site has rules governing posting standards and the appropriate way to talk to other posters, and you will abide by them.

How this interacts with this thread is that the following will result in your post being deleted, with a recurrence of the same behaviour resulting in (depending on severity) a threadban for a week and a day off:
  • direct labelling of someone as anti-semitic or a terrorist sympathiser for posting that is merely critical of Israel's response over time. I appreciate that Israel has the right to defend themselves from violence, but that does not mean that Israel has carte blanche to attack disproportionately towards people under their care.
  • deliberate goading or flippant responses, designed to get people reacting to your posting emotionally.
  • abuse.
  • attempts to turn this into a Left vs Right shitfight.
  • If I see the word 'Nazi' in here, you had better be able to justify it in the post you're making and the comparison had better be apt. Godwin's law is in full effect for the purposes of this thread; if you refer to Nazis, you've lost whatever argument you're involved in.
  • Any defense of Hamas' actions on the basis of justification. There's no justification for genocide, regardless of whether or not they have the power to do so.
Please recognise that this is a difficult time for all involved, and some level of sensitivity is absolutely required to permit discussion to flow. From time to time, mods will reach out to specific posters and do some welfare checks; we may even give posters who get a bit too involved some days off to give people some time to cool down. This is not a reflection on you as a poster, merely that this is an intense subject.

I get that this is a fairly intense topic about which opinion can diverge rather significantly. If you feel you cannot be respectful in your disagreement with another poster, it is frequently better to refuse to engage than it is to take up the call.

From this point, any poster who finds themselves directly insulting another poster will find themselves receiving a threadban and an infraction, with each subsequent reoccurance resulting in steadily more points added to your account.

If you accumulate enough points in a 12 month period you will lose privileges:

5 points - 1 week off.
10 points - 2 weeks off
15 points - 3 weeks off
20 points - Account banned.

It has also become apparent that this needs to be said: just because someone moderates a part of this forum that isn't on Int Pol or the SRP does not hold them to a different standard of posting than anyone else. All of us were posters first, and we are allowed to hold opinions on this and share them on this forum.

Treat each other with the respect each of you deserve.

Thanks all.
Play nicely, all.

Last edited:
The US have proposed many resolutions to recognise Palestinian statehood. You just focus on the ones they veto.

You will also find that the official policy of the US us that the PA is the representative of Palestinian people, not Israel.

What is Iran's policy on Israel out of interest? How many attempts have they made at mediating a peaceful resolution between Israel & Palestine?
Yeah, I'm focussing on the US's most recent veto, which clearly states their current position regarding Palestine. They don't want it to be a state. All their other resolutions are rendered meaningless.

So not only are the US happy to aid and abet Israel's mass destruction of Palestinian territory and mass murder of Palestinian people, they have clearly stated they currently don't want a Palestinian state.

The USA are not the friends of Palestinians.

Yeah, I'm focussing on the US's most recent veto, which clearly states their current position regarding Palestine. They don't want it to be a state. All their other resolutions are rendered meaningless.

So not only are the US happy to aid and abet Israel's mass destruction of Palestinian territory and mass murder of Palestinian people, they have clearly stated they currently don't want a Palestinian state.

The USA are not the friends of Palestinians.

Simply incorrect.

Now that we've dismissed that falsehood - can you please elaborate on Iran's policy on Israel?

Ah yes, your well known tactic of whataboutism.

You mean answering your question, debunking it and asking you the question you ignored in my original post?

Quite telling your only response is another whataboutism falsehood.

You mean answering your question, debunking it and asking you the question you ignored in my original post?

Quite telling your only response is another whataboutism falsehood.
I responded to you in relation to the USA's approach to Palestine. You decided to wander off into another topic completely. Whataboutism - your stock in trade. Not playing.

I note that you made no effort to "debunk" my statement about the USA enabling (via arms), funding and supporting (via lack of action) Israel's destruction of Palestine and mass murder of Palestinians. Bit hard to "debunk" the truth isn't it?

And if the USA are so keen on a Palestinian state, they are going about it in a funny way - ie vetoing a resolution to grant Palestine UN membership, which is the most recent position they have adopted.

The USA's current position towards Palestine and Palestinians is clear - no matter how much you try to gloss over it or play "look over there".

I responded to you in relation to the USA's approach to Palestine. You decided to wander off into another topic completely. Whataboutism - your stock in trade. Not playing.

I note that you made no effort to "debunk" my statement about the USA enabling (via arms), funding and supporting (via lack of action) Israel's destruction of Palestine and mass murder of Palestinians. Bit hard to "debunk" the truth isn't it?

And if the USA are so keen on a Palestinian state, they are going about it in a funny way - ie vetoing a resolution to grant Palestine UN membership, which is the most recent position they have adopted.

The USA's current position towards Palestine and Palestinians is clear - no matter how much you try to gloss over it or play "look over there".

You claimed the US does not support a two state solution. I responded and showed pretty clearly that is a false claim. It is a fact that the US supports a two state solution. End of discussion.

Ironically now you waffle on about other whataboutisms (sound familiar), go on to accuse the US of supporting murder while being absolutely silent about Iran who actually declare their intent to kill Jews and / or wipe Israel from the face of the earth.

Id also be interested to know why you repeat false rhetoric pretty much identical to the stuff Hamas / Hezbollah & Iran put out. It is telling.

They are just enabling another country to do it via provision of arms and money.

Whilst at the same time vetoing a draft Security Council resolution to grant full UN membership to Palestine.

The US are such good friends of Palestine and the Palestinians........
I think its more like the Zionists have their claws into the US Conservative media & the myriad of nutcase religious cults & so called churches, all of whom pressure their nutcase Federal Senators & Federal Reps. Also the massive arms industry make a fortune out of the Zionist behaviors, thus more political power to send arms to the IDF.

Simply incorrect.

Now that we've dismissed that falsehood - can you please elaborate on Iran's policy on Israel?

What the US say, and how they 'vote' (or veto) are two different things.

You know this.

Hat tip to wannabejack in Ukraine thread.

When do we all think the US will feel enough of a sense of shame at tens of thousands of innocents murdered, to drive the same initiative for Israeli funds in foreign banks?

We are running a pool and these are the options still available to pick:
  • Never
  • Never
  • Never
  • Never
And also a bit of a roughy, but worth a look at the right price:
  • Never

You claimed the US does not support a two state solution. I responded and showed pretty clearly that is a false claim. It is a fact that the US supports a two state solution. End of discussion.

Ironically now you waffle on about other whataboutisms (sound familiar), go on to accuse the US of supporting murder while being absolutely silent about Iran who actually declare their intent to kill Jews and / or wipe Israel from the face of the earth.

Id also be interested to know why you repeat false rhetoric pretty much identical to the stuff Hamas / Hezbollah & Iran put out. It is telling.
it's little more than rhetoric. look at what people do, not what they say.

Why are they paying to reduce one of those states to a corpse-strewn rubble?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good it’s been de escalated but Geez Iran talk a tough game……fooling nobody worth their salt.

Israel would obliterate them very quickly if it came down to it.
Yeh nah
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennium_Challenge_2002
US couldn't do it 20 years ago, Iran have more impressive missile tech now

Short of glassing them a ground war is a non starter for Israel, doubt they'd even want to risk their F35's against the S300/400
10 mil vs 90 mil and Iran has a far bigger industrial base

Their current actions, as opposed to their past words, clearly demonstrate they don't currently support a Palestinian state. If they do indeed support a Palestinian state, let that reflect in their current behaviour.

And I am talking about the USA supporting the murderous Israeli state because it is the USA's role in this which was the topic I initially responded to. Not Iran, not Hezbollah, or any other diversionary topic you wish to deflect to.

Go back and check if you doubt me. I'll even help you - post #9245.

You are the one who wants to "waffle" about other things, although it's understandable why - it's hard work trying to defend the indefensible. The USA are up to their necks in the disgraceful Israeli behaviour.

Yeh nah
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennium_Challenge_2002
US couldn't do it 20 years ago, Iran have more impressive missile tech now

Short of glassing them a ground war is a non starter for Israel, doubt they'd even want to risk their F35's against the S300/400
10 mil vs 90 mil and Iran has a far bigger industrial base

Israel would have a significant technology advantage.
None the less, it would be a no win situation for either party to escalate to the max. A pointless war.
The problem is Netenyahu wants to reduce the attention on the black hole that is Gaza, thus the negative focus by the Jewish population, on he himself. The Israeli public may well be paying the price for this for generations to come.
Just about he whole Muslim world will want revenge. Maybe not the leadership so much, but the street will be seething over the Zionist actions of the wanton murder of the innocents.
Overall, Gaza is simply an extension of Zionist policies & actions since 1948. Removal/obliteration of the Palestinian people. The Muslin world mainly sees it that way.

Their current actions, as opposed to their past words, clearly demonstrate they don't currently support a Palestinian state. If they do indeed support a Palestinian state, let that reflect in their current behaviour.

And I am talking about the USA supporting the murderous Israeli state because it is the USA's role in this which was the topic I initially responded to. Not Iran, not Hezbollah, or any other diversionary topic you wish to deflect to.

Go back and check if you doubt me. I'll even help you - post #9245.

You are the one who wants to "waffle" about other things, although it's understandable why - it's hard work trying to defend the indefensible. The USA are up to their necks in the disgraceful Israeli behaviour.
Brits and chatham house equally complicit , australia irrelevant runt's tail

© 4 pudenda

Israel would have a significant technology advantage
did

but Hypersonic tech of Sino's and Russians has found its way to Tehran , and drone tech threshold can be achieved by Yemeni Houthi , MissileDefense has always been more bluff and bluster , ask someone at Rand and MiT , Persians have a distributed command&control deep underground , this stuff is back to cold war stalemate of mutual destruction

Last edited:
If i was god ( Yes tremble you minions ), I'd simply remove that whole area from the earth, that whole piece of land they claim is holy and theirs.

You wouldn't need the suez , it'd go right through.
Honestly, if I were god I'd simply remove humanity's collective insecurity about death and its bizarre insistence that everything must have some kind of ultimate meaning.

No more insecurity essentially means no more religion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back