Injuries not so bad after all ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Bloodstained Angel

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2000
Sydney, Nsw, Australia
Ok

so by now we all know we had three bad injuries at Newcastle on the weekend.

Lewis broke an arm, Fitzgerald did a cruciate and Fixter wrenched his knee.

Also Feasts' kneecap swelled up before the game, Seymour had a corked thigh.

In addition Kellys hamstring is stuffed and Nicks still has a sore back.

and don't hold your breath waiting for Tingay to start senior footy either.

Whatever happened to our dream pre-season I wonder ?

Its not so bad - look at it this way :

Lewis - useless anyway, concedes more goals through stuipid mistake than he would evevr kick himself. Slow, old and un-accountable.

Fitzgerald - still frustrates and from what I saw of him in Canberra recently, he would struggle to get a senior position anyway. Tragic for his career personally, but in the bigger scheme of things not such a great loss.

Fixter - a bad blow this one, a great young player would have played seniors this year, we will miss him.

Feast - a useful back up big man but again, very much a second string player. His loss affects our overall depth but not our competitiveness on the field.

Kelly - 'nuff said, we need him end of story.

Nicks - ditto

Seymour - minor injury, will recover shortly.

cheers

I tend to agree. They said at yesterday's Big BBQ that Nicks also sprained his thumb (don't know how!). I think the injuries are more likely to reduce depth than deplete the best team available.

Hi BSA

I've been home for a few weeks and head back to the US this afternoon. With little chance to see any live footy, the Big BBQ was as close as it got! (Desperate or what?)

I should get back to visit the Sydney office a couple of times during the season then I'm back here to live permanently in mid-September. Not a moment too soon!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back