I now live in Tasmania

Is there anything less inspiring than seeing a menu option for gluten free pizza?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

David Schwarz

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 30, 2013
M9 - M10 Standing Room
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
It's a really nice place.

No one is here. I think I live next door to Jazny but I can't say because there is literally no one here. Our one neighbour lives 500 yards down the road and he is a priest or something and is now in Cambodia talking about Jesus.

There are lots of dead animals everywhere, it is very sad. Everyone also disregards speed limits, but they stick to the left lane unless overtaking which makes me happy as I know I won't be suffering from rising blood pressure and rage like I did when I was living home in Victoria.

There are also lots of hippies everywhere. I don't count them as people though so I am still under the impression that my wife and I are the only person here in this state and everything else has been one huge lie. I will be going to the Sydney-to-Hobart finish line this year and I will be keeping an eye out for suspicious cardboard cutouts of crowds.

I hope to keep everyone updated on my travels across pubic hair shaped gem of a landmass, please join me on my journey of discovery

Ox Basil

Hi Basil,

Great to hear you finally fuc....moved away.
Have you ever "accidentally" slipped your nose into your wifes......anyway cant wait to hear all about your adventures*.
The state now has 3 new residents, you, your wife and your nose.
GO TASSIE!

Thanks,

Bleeeeeeeeep

*Divvy this s**t.

Last edited:
It's a really nice place.

No one is here. I think I live next door to Jazny but I can't say because there is literally no one here. Our one neighbour lives 500 yards down the road and he is a priest or something and is now in Cambodia talking about Jesus.

There are lots of dead animals everywhere, it is very sad. Everyone also disregards speed limits, but they stick to the left lane unless overtaking which makes me happy as I know I won't be suffering from rising blood pressure and rage like I did when I was living home in Victoria.

There are also lots of hippies everywhere. I don't count them as people though so I am still under the impression that my wife and I are the only person here in this state and everything else has been one huge lie. I will be going to the Sydney-to-Hobart finish line this year and I will be keeping an eye out for suspicious cardboard cutouts of crowds.

I hope to keep everyone updated on my travels across pubic hair shaped gem of a landmass, please join me on my journey of discovery

Ox Basil

Not dead... sleepy

And the side of the road is a good place to nap apparently

I would have thought it were dangerous

They could get run over

All Tasmanian women are pig ugly. There’s no reason to go there. It should be turned into a car park for proper Australia
We are the home of Australia's only (human) princess, so what a dumb statement!!
maxresdefault.jpg

Even our men are much prettier than everyone from Geelong :straining:
e017692e50742ef7fd3e2b71ab344b1c

Update: I drove home from the cafe up the street from our new home, which is 44 km away. I drove past a pub and it was packed. I now know that Tasmania is indeed populated and that it seems to be a cultural ritual to go to the pub at 1:30 in the afternoon on a weekday.

I will study this fascinating culture more rigorously.

Update: I drove home from the cafe up the street from our new home, which is 44 km away. I drove past a pub and it was packed. I now know that Tasmania is indeed populated and that it seems to be a cultural ritual to go to the pub at 1:30 in the afternoon on a weekday.

Drink driving is legal in Tassie if you keep one eye shut

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Picked a good time to go down, wait til next Winter you'll be begging to come back

Been down here during the winter before wasn't that bad, and anyway once you live through an European winter everything else seems like a warm tropical day.

All Tasmanian women are pig ugly. There’s no reason to go there. It should be turned into a car park for proper Australia

Che? I was just there for the weekend and per capita Hobart does very well on the looks front. The amount of average blokes with good looking women was astonishing.

Its not a Tasmanian town if there isn't at least 1 pub for every 1,000 people. The town I lived in when I was a kid had 4,000 people and 4 pubs. 3 of which were located on 1 street. The top pub, the middle pub and the bottom pub.

Venturing between the pubs at night time can be a dangerous exercise.

Been down here during the winter before wasn't that bad, and anyway once you live through an European winter everything else seems like a warm tropical day.
Me talking to people from the mainland when they complain about the cold:
tenor.gif

Its not a Tasmanian town if there isn't at least 1 pub for every 1,000 people. The town I lived in when I was a kid had 4,000 people and 4 pubs. 3 of which were located on 1 street. The top pub, the middle pub and the bottom pub.

Venturing between the pubs at night time can be a dangerous exercise.
Yep there are two here, known as top and bottom :$

Cop shop only open three days a week too :$

Day 4

Today one of our neighbours offered us 17 cubic metres of mulch as a gift, or offering if you will

I accepted, but now have a huge pile of mulch

I am a s**t gardener

The spring grows long, it’s 27 degrees

27 degrees in November? :eek:

Get the sprinkler out in the back yard before you get heat stroke!

Day 4

Today one of our neighbours offered us 17 cubic metres of mulch as a gift, or offering if you will

I accepted, but now have a huge pile of mulch

I am a s**t gardener

The spring grows long, it’s 27 degrees

Strange looking mulch they have down at the map of Taz

187c41915a541b2dfc9e010aab75ecfc.jpg

Ben Brown doesnt count!! We are so sorry for giving the world a princess and only the most handsome actor in the history of Hollywood!!
0nglhSliTxHPavZ-r.jpg
That man was a paedo, rapist, addict and peeping tom.

Back