Prediction How will the Geelong Cats fare in season 2024?

Where will Geelong finish in 2024

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

A Mr Meow never forgets. There's a long way to go yet but we'll definitely need to lose a couple to get him back and fired up.
I was calling this all through the 2022 winning streak that it was as quiet in here as it had been in years.

It's just so convenient how so many on here lose access to the internet when we're winning isn't it?

Nevertheless, if we go down by 5 goals on Saturday we can expect the triumphant return of a few stragglers.

Wasn't sure where to put this so here will do and mods can move if needed

A very interesting read on how things have changed this year compared to last other than injuries

The next 5 weeks are tough but if we can go say 4-1 or 3-2 it will set the season up.
If we can get to the bye something like 10-3 we should make top 4 as our fixture post bye is pretty friendly.

The next 5 weeks are tough but if we can go say 4-1 or 3-2 it will set the season up.
If we can get to the bye something like 10-3 we should make top 4 as our fixture post bye is pretty friendly.
Even if we are 9-4, it means a 7-3 finish would lock in top 4.

I don't want or expect us to go 3-4 over the next 7 weeks to create that scenario, but you would think that is one of the most pessimistic outcomes and we would still be in a strong position.

Even if we are 9-4, it means a 7-3 finish would lock in top 4.

I don't want or expect us to go 3-4 over the next 7 weeks to create that scenario, but you would think that is one of the most pessimistic outcomes and we would still be in a strong position.
Yep 6-0 or dare I hope 7-0 tomorrow sets the season up very well for a 2011 style resting of players going towards the finals with a healthy list

Fingers crossed naturally

Lid is on.

But I think comment above is right, if we got through the next 5 games winning the majority, it would be hard to contain expectation and excitement
Rd7 - Carlton 🤞🏻 Home
Rd8 - Melbourne 🤞🏻 Away
Rd9 - Port ☑️ Home
Rd10 - Suns ☑️ Away
Rd11 - Giants ? Home

Lid is Firm On - But - Steaming Hot.png

Last edited:
Rd7 - Carlton 🤞 Home
Rd8 - Essendon ☑️ Away
Rd9 - Port ☑️ Home
Rd10 - Suns ☑️ Away
Rd11 - Giants ? Home

View attachment 1971412

Honestly think Carlton will get us, if the right Essendon team shows up they could push us and catch us off guard. I think Port are off this season so should be alright there especially being at home. Suns embarrassed us last year and are looking better this year at home. Giants will beat us.

So I've got us confidently 1/5, probably jagging another 2 more somehow there.

And I'm not trying to be negative - the competition coming up is good

Honestly think Carlton will get us, if the right Essendon team shows up they could push us and catch us off guard. I think Port are off this season so should be alright there especially being at home. Suns embarrassed us last year and are looking better this year at home. Giants will beat us.

We play Melbourne after Carlton. Did you see them against Richmond? They were awful until the Tigers ran out of gas and gave up.

You'd think we take one of the MCG games at least.

I somewhat agree that Gold Coast in Darwin will be a really tough challenge.

A fit and healthy squad will take it right up to GWS at home this time. We owe them. I wouldn't be surprised if we see no home slip ups or just one this season. GWS would be the most likely though, I guess.

3-2 from here sounds right. I'd lean more towards 4-1 than 2-3 though.

We play Melbourne after Carlton. Did you see them against Richmond? They were awful until the Tigers ran out of gas and gave up.

You'd think we take one of the MCG games at least.

I somewhat agree that Gold Coast in Darwin will be a really tough challenge.

A fit and healthy squad will take it right up to GWS at home this time. We owe them. I wouldn't be surprised if we see no home slip ups or just one this season. GWS would be the most likely though, I guess.

3-2 from here sounds right. I'd lean more towards 4-1 than 2-3 though.
I agree the big danger game is the Darwin match as well as the post recovery …I think we are a decent chance vs Carlton and Melb were putrid at the G against a very very ordinary Tigers

I think we will drop at least one and maybe two depending on the Darwin recovery but either way the team is well set up this year with a 6/7-0 start

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m hopeless at predicting 🤣

Think you mean the dees, not the bombers. So 50-50 probs.

In the next 7 weeks we play 2nd, 3rd,4th,5th and 7th on the ladder with GC and Tigers in between.

I'll assess where we're from there but so far so good.
Very salient point.
I always like to have played all teams once before we make profound assessments. But the draws now don't even allow that to happen. Nevertheless, owaat is safest bet.

In the next 7 weeks we play 2nd, 3rd,4th,5th and 7th on the ladder with GC and Tigers in between.

I'll assess where we're from there but so far so good.
Lid will struggle to stay on if we win them all.

I guess the point I was making is that for me personally, I just won't ever get that confident until the team is standing on a premiership dais

Just as well you're not a Saints or Freo supporter No Quarter: as footy life would almost be darn right miserable.

And to think for all us 'extra confident' but NOT overly cocky Geelong fans out there, there's been four occasions since 2007 that we've been 'on a high' throughout those entire footy seasons in anticipation of the Pussy's snagging a flag as 'confidence breeds success'. So I reckon there must be plenty of us Pussy's in Cat-land that 'breathe and get high on confidence' with our great club winning 70% of their home and away games and 4 flags in 16 years with possibly 5 flags, I repeat FIVE flags in 18 years.... hmmm, sounds like a pretty good way to lead one's life to me!

So hop on board the Pussy's 'happy-go-lucky confidence train' No Quarter:, if you do you'll be mighty glad you did.

🚂 GO CATS 🚂

Last edited:
Just as well you're not a Saints or Freo supporter No Quarter: as footy life would almost be darn right miserable.

And to think for all us 'extra confident' but NOT overly cocky Geelong fans out there, there's been four occasions since 2007 that we've been 'on a high' throughout those entire footy seasons in anticipation of the Pussy's snagging a flag as 'confidence breeds success'. So I reckon there must be plenty of us Pussy's in Cat-land that 'breathe and get high on confidence' with our great club winning 70% of their home and away games and 4 flags in 16 years with possibly FIVE flags in 18 years.... hmmm sound like a pretty good way to lead one's life!

So hop on board the Pussy's 'happy-go-lucky confidence train' No Quarter:, if you do you'll be mighty glad you did. GO CATS
Mrw GIF

And to think for all us 'extra confident' but NOT overly cocky Geelong fans out there, there's been four occasions since 2007 that we've been 'on a high' throughout those entire footy seasons in anticipation of the Pussy's snagging a flag as 'confidence breeds success'. So I reckon there must be plenty of us Pussy's in Cat-land that 'breathe and get high on confidence' with our great club winning 70% of their home and away games and 4 flags in 16 years with possibly 5 flags, I repeat FIVE flags in 18 years.... hmmm, sounds like a pretty good way to lead one's life to me!

So hop on board the Pussy's 'happy-go-lucky confidence train' No Quarter:, if you do you'll be mighty glad you did.

🚂 GO CATS 🚂
I am quite happy go lucky.. my posting history would suggest so, and that I am not normally on the overly negative side.

I also just believe in maintaining humility about our prospects as being over confident has often lended itself to being embarrassed later more so than not.

I've never been the one to throw a win during the season or a flag in anyones face, opting to just enjoy it.

Also; set medium to low expectations and be thoroughly satisfied when the ultimate happens!

If there's one thing I don't particularly enjoy about footy supporters is those who claim to have won a premiership before grand final day has even arrived, or to be cocky winners. But that's just me

Back