VFL VFL 2024 - Geelong & the greater league

Remove this Banner Ad

No Neale on the updated injury list. Can we breathe a sigh of relief?
I hope so but I’m not so positive
Quick to clear and slow to fully diagnose

Go Catters

Especially now they get hammered for incorrect information
if was just rolled.. they'd say that.

If he's off for a second opinion or more scans... thus the delay.

I have NO info - pure speculation - but just thinking logically about it.

That said, Id luv nothing more than him to have the VFL bye this week and pass a fitness test Wednesday next week and play in Darwin.

GO Catters

I would like the club to stream Joe Furphy just running around GMHBA with a Sherrin by himself.

Also I would like them to use the usual VFL cameraman so we can see if he can keep him in shot 100% of the time or if even a single player is too much to handle

It still requires a journalist to ask the question and journalists are probably not even going to know who Neale is let alone have watched the VFL to know he might be injured. Non best 22 players will still be able to hidden from injury lists. Let's be honest, the AFL bought it in for betting companies and Neale not being available would have zero impact on Geelong's odds against Port Adelaide so no one is going to care.

They're not going to get hammered - on socials I've seen fans of Carlton & Essendon both be critical of their teams injury reporting so far this season, but not a peep from the media

I would like the club to stream Joe Furphy just running around GMHBA with a Sherrin by himself.

Also I would like them to use the usual VFL cameraman so we can see if he can keep him in shot 100% of the time or if even a single player is too much to handle

So just put Jackie Noname ..in a Geelong training top. The camera work is usually so "delightful" that as long as the person is over 190cm it could be him. Geelong could post it ..and call it a Furphy

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will he want to stay . Wasn't he on the way elsewhere when we grabbed him?

He has elements of player who could be useful and frustrating. Would he get a regular game at a club like North? The test will be when the side is under duress and he has to be a defender.

He had signed with essendon vfl team.

History shows Cats media profile increasing says we are close to a debut! By the way does he have a preferred side?!
I think he 100% does not.

Seen him kick out with one leg, then take set shots on the other.

Though I worked which leg he preferred out only to change my mind continually.

Besides the angle he is running on, there seems to be no rhyme or reason.

It is super rare.

It is super rare.

So what role do we see him playing in the AFL ..to use this talent.

I see him playing the sort of role Holmes is currently doing off half back. Problem is the side could currently use a more defensively minded small back. But if Holmes has a week on the sidelines, I could see Humphries coming in and given a chance.

It is super rare.
Trains can run in both directions

Like a Saad half back wing. The lack of foot preference means he can't be corralled away from taking the best option. Oppo can't read him a well either, almost like Miers kicking i50 but into the corridor

I see him playing the sort of role Holmes is currently doing off half back. Problem is the side could currently use a more defensively minded small back. But if Holmes has a week on the sidelines, I could see Humphries coming in and given a chance.
Our move Holmes on ball

Remove this Banner Ad

Back