Oppo Camp How do we deal with Travis Cloke?

Remove this Banner Ad

Crippa

Club Legend
Aug 2, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
We need power backs to do this sort of stuff:

Zac+Dawson+AFL+Rd+21+St+Kilda+v+Collingwood+YARUBwnjK-4l.jpg

232580.jpg

239865.jpg

Simple........If the ball doesn't get down there too often due to our dominant mid field it's very hard for him to kick any decent sort of score. And when the ball does go forward it will be under severe pressure with pin point passes.

Yep only one way to stop the monster forwards dominating and that is cutting off their supply or atleast putting the suppliers under massive pressure so that the kicks coming in arent served on a platter.

I think Luke will get the job, but we will rotate Zac onto him at stages. Either way I can't see him being a major factor against those 2, their mids on the other hand..

Can't believe Zac managed to get that high in the first pic :eek:

yep make Cloke come out of the 50 for his kicks/marks and we are doing the job.

He is a massive sook.

Prissy off the field with his contract, and prissy on the ground with his teammates.

If things don't go his way (a beautiful kick that hits his chest uncontested), he'll sook and it'll stay with him all game. You don't have to step on his toes or get in a jumper punch, you just have to cut off the supply and/or absolutely rinse him in the forward line. I've full confidence in Lukey to do that.

Keys will be in the midfield. If we can push them off their game in that area we have a good chance. Our team effort was outstanding last weekend and we need to bring that again and lift it a notch especially with the ball skills.

Great photies by the way.

He is a massive sook.

Prissy off the field with his contract, and prissy on the ground with his teammates.

If things don't go his way (a beautiful kick that hits his chest uncontested), he'll sook and it'll stay with him all game. You don't have to step on his toes or get in a jumper punch, you just have to cut off the supply and/or absolutely rinse him in the forward line. I've full confidence in Lukey to do that.

I think you are mistaking him for the Riewoldts :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you are mistaking him for the Riewoldts :)
Hey? The one's who have signed contracts with perennially underachieving clubs with no real fuss? The ones who have won Coleman Medals? The ones who don't have their dad's taking care of the media for 'em?

Hey? The one's who have signed contracts with perennially underachieving clubs with no real fuss? The ones who have won Coleman Medals? The ones who don't have their dad's taking care of the media for 'em?

I should have been more specific that my response was in relation to this part of your post -
prissy on the ground with his teammates.

If things don't go his way (a beautiful kick that hits his chest uncontested), he'll sook and it'll stay with him all game.

Don't think Cloke is someone who will sook for longer periods of time on filed.

He is a massive sook.

When have either of these things happened...ever? sure collingwood supporters will be the first to admit he handled the contract negotiations wrong last year but sook and have a go at team mates???o_O

And to add something constructive to the conversation... Mcpharlin will be the best match up by far for cloke with dawson dropping off his man to go second up for the spoil. Dawson vs Cloke one on one could end up being a nightmare for Dawson

Just let him mark 20m out, pretty much straight in front.
We'll then get a really quick kick in and can go on the attack.

Dawson or McPharlin are both good choices to handle Cloak I reckon, I'm backing in Dawson.
What we really need is our midfielders to pile the pressure on the Pies ball carriers to deny him silver platter service.

Two words - Basil Campbell, great South Freo boy, sneak him in as a late draft in the seniors or whatever, just leave on your trakkie daks Basil, you don't need yer helmet, just go out there and beat the sh... out of the cloke legally but 'physically'and remind him of Freo Footy Of Old and go back to retirement when they suspend you for a hundred years.
Sorry folks, just a dream , but I remember............Collingwood need to have a history lesson, they're not the only grit and working class team in the comp...blah blah

SA is way off the mark on these comments.
Cloke plays for collingwood and wears black and white stripes.
The guy who has been the most dominant contested marker in the game for the past 3 or so years in a row.
Not a sook.

Riewold that wears black with yellow stripe is the sook.

And to add something constructive to the conversation... Mcpharlin will be the best match up by far for cloke with dawson dropping off his man to go second up for the spoil. Dawson vs Cloke one on one could end up being a nightmare for Dawson

Not bad.

Dawson is a one trick pony. He spoils and stops his man on most occasions. He is terrible with the ball in his hands and he will never take a contested mark, but he somehow knows how to spoil. This frees Elvis (18) to leave his man and be second or third man up to mark spoil whatever, almost spare. I would start with Dawson on Cloke. McPharlin to switch on whoever when Penders goes forward, and apart from that tag team them with Johnson in having the tall defenders on a relatively short forward line (Much like us - although Pies now have Jolly to compliment Cloke).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back