Goulburn Valley FL 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Euroa Magpies Football Netball Club added 2 new photos — with Nick Baring and Harrison White Hart Lane.
4 hrs ·
Two more new players to welcome to Magpie Land for Season 2017, with the arrival of engine-room players, Harrison Lane and Nick Baring.

Harrison White Hart Lane is a hard-running midfielder with elite skills. His ability to read the play and accurate execution will set a high standard for those around him. Harrison comes to the Euroa Magpies from the VAFA where he played for Old Melburnians.

Nick Baring is a tough, nuggety midfielder who is very clean by hand and foot. Nick will be an asset with his work rate and contested ball wins around stoppages. He is another recruit to Euroa via the VAFA where he also played for Old Melburnians.

Euroa Magpies Football Netball Club added 2 new photos — with Jack Tate and Damon Poole.
11 December at 14:46 ·
Some more great news with the arrival at Magpie Land of two great youngsters, Damon Poole and Jack Tate.

Both young, talented lads have a special tie to Euroa Magpies Football Netball Club, with both their fathers playing in our 1990 Premiership team. Not only we're our class of 1990 a team of champions, they've produced some classy offspring, with the names 'Brodie' and 'Morrison' making recent draft headlines, and we're thrilled to now introduced the next-gen 'Poole' & 'Tate' back to Euroa FNC.

Damon Poole is a tough swingman who can play a key role either forward or back. Damon joins Euroa from arguably one of country football's strongest clubs, the Albury Tigers. He is the son of Club Legend and premiership player, Neale.

Jack Tate, a speedy midfielder, has joined the Club via the EDFL where he played at Strathmore. Jack is the the son of Euroa premiership player David Tate, and we expect he will add great work ethic, speed and depth to the list.

Euroa Magpies Football Netball Club added 3 new photos — with Matt Ivill and 2 others.
9 December at 13:53 ·
In addition to plenty of fresh faces joining Magpie Land in 2017, we also have several returning players back in the black & white in 2017.

We welcome back young gun, Nate Trotter, who played a season in the EDFL with Keillor Park in 2016, winning the club best and fairest. He was also named on the half forward flank in the Division 2 'Team of the Year.' A graduate of Euroa Juniors, EFNC and the Murray Bushrangers system, Nate's class around the ball and versatility will be key to future success for Euroa Magpies Football Netball Club.

Matt Ivill also returns to the nest for Season 2017. Having played close to a 100 Senior games at Euroa, his experience and ability to play in a various positions will add great depth and be a huge asset to the Club moving forward.

We also warmly welcome back Klay Giovannini - a former Senior Captain and well-respected player on field and person off-field. Klay, also a Reserves Premiership player for Euroa, represented at Vic Country U/18 level and was involved with the Murray Bushrangers through his younger years. In addition to returning as a player, Klay will be coaching our U/18 footballers, where his commitment and wealth of experience will be invaluable.

Euroa Magpies Football Netball Club added 2 new photos — with Will McFarlane and Adrian Karatzas.
7 December at 13:45 ·
Two more exciting signings to welcome to the Magpie's Nest, as we introduce two talented big men in Adrian Karatzas and Will McFarlane.

Karatzas, a tall, athletically-built key defender, comes to Euroa via the VAFA where he played a key role for the Old Melburnians. We expect Adrian to not only be a great shut-down player, but also great in transition.

McFarlane, a ruckman/key forward also joins our playing list from the VAFA, hailing from Uni Blues. Will, a talented Utility, adds plenty of depth and another tall option who'll create headaches for the opposition next season.

Euroa Magpies Football Netball Club with Rohan Bail.
6 December at 14:06 ·
Some exciting announcements coming throughout December, so hold onto your hats, loyal Euroa Magpies Football Netball Club members and friends....

Introducing Rohan Bail - A classy midfielder who played 71 games for the Melbourne Football Club. Rohan joins the Mighty Magpies' Nest at Memorial Oval as a Senior Assistant Coach for 2017. With plenty of experience at the highest level to add to and shape our youthful playing group, we look forward to the enormous contribution and professional edge this fine young man will bring both on and off-field. Welcome, Rohan, and we certainly look forward to watching you don the black & white stripes proudly.

Rochy rarely has a large turnover of players, what is going on there?? When will all the recruits be announced to keep them in the running for top 3?

Don't sweat it MRP old mate. Perry, Bacon, Foote gone from GF side. Anderson also with his knee reconstruction. Williams was an emergency and gone = 5. We have recruited Weekley and WHIPEY ... I think the whipster wore number 45 or something back in his mercurial years ... He might play to his age!! = 2 recruits!!
Ps there might be some bloke from the EDFL coming.
pps Oakley is as good as a recruit with a pre-season; as is Hoopell. Neither played in the GF.

Last edited:
Don't sweat it MRP old mate. Perry, Bacon, Foote gone from GF side. Anderson also with his knee reconstruction. Williams was an emergency and gone = 5. We have recruited Weekley and WHIPEY ... I think the whipster wore number 45 or something back in his mercurial years ... He might play to his age!! = 2 recruits!!
Ps there might be some bloke from the EDFL coming.
pps Oakley is as good as a recruit with a pre-season; as is Hoopell. Neither played in the GF.

Anderson out for yr with knee also
Oakley and Hooppell weren't good enough to play in the GF in the coaches eyes last yr so those two will have to prove 20% .

Will need to find some stock soon to keep up.
Stars a year older too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Euroa Magpies Football Netball Club added 2 new photos — with Nick Baring and Harrison White Hart Lane.
4 hrs ·
Two more new players to welcome to Magpie Land for Season 2017, with the arrival of engine-room players, Harrison Lane and Nick Baring.

Harrison White Hart Lane is a hard-running midfielder with elite skills. His ability to read the play and accurate execution will set a high standard for those around him. Harrison comes to the Euroa Magpies from the VAFA where he played for Old Melburnians.
Haha, his parents must be massive Tottenham Hotspur fans

A night @GVFL1 final is happening next year. Mooroopna to host.

That's what oliver caffery tweeted. Maybe i read it wrong. But to me reading that it says the cattery are holding a night final

A night @GVFL1 final is happening next year. Mooroopna to host.

That's what oliver caffery tweeted. Maybe i read it wrong. But to me reading that it says the cattery are holding a night final
The Night final should work pretty well for a start other leagues that have tried it have had mixed results with it. You can swoop ppl who have been to other matches to come for a look afterwards but if its a cold night your up against it.

Not much being spoken about the Shepp Swans few in few out of a mid range 2016 side. Got them playing finals again lads?

I'm not sure why you are leaving Benalla out of predictions for the top 6?
Ky, Shepp, Benalla, Rochy, Tat and Euroa is my tip.

I'm not sure why you are leaving Benalla out of predictions for the top 6?
Ky, Shepp, Benalla, Rochy, Tat and Euroa is my tip.
I think most are confident Ky and Shepp will be there then it could be a log jam the Draw can play a part as well as form and keeping the list reasonably healthy so easy to make a case for most sides to be able to make it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back