Status
Not open for further replies.

Trent the flight Steward

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 30, 2006
Cessnock
AFL Club
Geelong
Is that a bit late for an afl club to appoint a coach ringo?
CZKIAk6UkAAAvs-.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Is that a bit late for an afl club to appoint a coach ringo?
CZKIAk6UkAAAvs-.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Well you would think so but I suppose the NEAFL team get a good player that can help develop their younger players. There are that many roles at clubs now its difficult to know who does what. Its a big step forward for him and good to see GV coaches get an opportunity.

Anyone on here involved with clubs? I'm after some suggestions for good team activities to do on a footy camp. Plenty of new recruits and want them to gel early. There will be plenty of running and ball work but it's always good to throw in something different to mix it up.
Cheers

It sounds stupid but I have seen it work really well in a town before. A treasure hunt based around the houses of important supporters and sponsors. It doubled as an opportunity for the players to also meet the people behind the scenes. Eg one of the things might be get an old club jumper off a past player or bring back one of the sponsors products.

It sounds stupid but I have seen it work really well in a town before. A treasure hunt based around the houses of important supporters and sponsors. It doubled as an opportunity for the players to also meet the people behind the scenes. Eg one of the things might be get an old club jumper off a past player or bring back one of the sponsors products.[/QUOTE

Good idea Fruit.

I heard last year the Greensbough footy club sent there players around an elderly persons house in the area and cleaned up here yard. Picked up rubbish, cut sone trees, fixed a few things, etc. I know it's not on a trip away, but what a great way to involve the local community.. They ended up winning the premiership to!!

I shall correct my spelling for you there sparra you toss. Was ment to say warrnambool.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hearing reports that Daniel Lewis has now taken 8K of Tat as a sign on fee and done a runner with a view not to return to Shepparton and choosing to play for NT Thunder in 2016? This now makes it 13K in total after already haven taken a 5K sign on fee from Waaia. Burning bridges everywhere, surely the GV is too small a place to be doing this kind of thing? Pretty low act this kind of treatment especially when friendships have been burnt.

With the region now governed by one body surely a clearance needs to be held back to ensure clubs receive their money back in some capacity and not left high and dry by letches?

Hearing reports that Daniel Lewis has now taken 8K of Tat as a sign on fee and done a runner with a view not to return to Shepparton and choosing to play for NT Thunder in 2016? This now makes it 13K in total after already haven taken a 5K sign on fee from Waaia. Burning bridges everywhere, surely the GV is too small a place to be doing this kind of thing? Pretty low act this kind of treatment especially when friendships have been burnt.

With the region now governed by one body surely a clearance needs to be held back to ensure clubs receive their money back in some capacity and not left high and dry by letches?

Clubs who offer big sign ons always run the risk of this thing happening. And generally players who demand the big sign ons are the ones who are happy to move around

I can tell you for a fact Tatura Football Netball Club have a policy and DO NOT pay sign on fees.

I can tell you for a fact Tatura Football Netball Club have a policy and DO NOT pay sign on fees.

Brendon Hollow was expecting sign ons as standard practice when he came across to Rochy from Tatura in 2014. One year at each club before hawking himself again to the highest bidder in EDFL club Marby Park... including a sign on fee of course.

Brendon Hollow was expecting sign ons as standard practice when he came across to Rochy from Tatura in 2014. One year at each club before hawking himself again to the highest bidder in EDFL club Marby Park... including a sign on fee of course.
I would love to know who dreams up this 13k sign on fee rubbish ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back