Goulburn Valley FL 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As per chain of events he should be cleared to Waaia once they are satisified cleared to Tat and likewise once they are satisfied they should clear him. If any party isn't happy he should remain their player until they are .
Bout time contracts started to hold some
Weight .
Football Victoria advise Clubs not to pay playets before they are officially on their list because they dont really have a leg to stand on if a player does the dirty. A legal agreement is the way to go if the player wants his money before officially joining the Club. It will be interesting too see if the Lewis story is accurate ive got my doubts.

Football Victoria advise Clubs not to pay playets before they are officially on their list because they dont really have a leg to stand on if a player does the dirty. A legal agreement is the way to go if the player wants his money before officially joining the Club. It will be interesting too see if the Lewis story is accurate ive got my doubts.

Happy to provide you with both blokes phone numbers to clear up your doubt

As per chain of events he should be cleared to Waaia once they are satisified cleared to Tat and likewise once they are satisfied they should clear him. If any party isn't happy he should remain their player until they are .
Bout time contracts started to hold some
Weight .
Devils advocate, maybe no contract has the up front payment written into them. If that's the case then no leg to stand on.

Happy to provide you with both blokes phone numbers to clear up your doubt

I guess he should be a red light to any prospective club in Vic country footy now. Trouble is the bloke is a footy nomad and AFL footy provides a plethora of opportunities countrywide whereby dodgy dealings can be left behind in another state.

I thought he had a reputation as a decent man around a footy club while at Mooroopna?

Agree , clubs need to start understanding that legal binding contracts are the only binding contracts . Unfortunately as Sherman and others have proven lately , despite encouraging them the AFL doesn't enforce and stand by AFL Vic contracts .

Devils advocate, maybe no contract has the up front payment written into them. If that's the case then no leg to stand on.
I believe that in some cases word of mouth can be accepted as a binding arrangement at an appeals hearing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With the departure of Willis and now O'Sullivan the Bears appear to be entering dangerous territory. Nick Allen is apparently going to Barooga as well. Can't see them winning too many games with what they have. Going to be a long year for the club.

Last edited:
With the departure of Willis and now O'Sullivan the Bears appear to be entering dangerous territory. Nick Allen is apparently going to Barooga as well. Can't see them inning too many games with what they have. Going to be a long year for the club.

Their kids were good late last year, I think they won a few in a row late in the year. Not sure Willis played much then either. I reckon they might surprise a few

Kyabram and Pascoe Vale back on good terms. Practice match scheduled in for March at Kyabram. Should be a good hit out for both clubs who should figure in finals again.
Will Shermo be watching from behind a tree? Kidding boys..
Can someone get me into the viewing box at KY with unlimited beer & party pies so I can take notes and Provide all big footy readers with a game review.. Lol

Kyabram and Pascoe Vale back on good terms. Practice match scheduled in for March at Kyabram. Should be a good hit out for both clubs who should figure in finals again.
Will Shermo be watching from behind a tree? Kidding boys..
Can someone get me into the viewing box at KY with unlimited beer & party pies so I can take notes and Provide all big footy readers with a game review.. Lol

Where is your mate Shermo running around this yr ?

If that's the case then MIB63's claim that Tatura do not do sign ons could be used as a a counter-claim!!!
If Word of mouth was excepted as a contract we may as well give it away ? I have only ever posted fact on this site and run it by a few other board members before I do post anything, so I guess thats why i get a little frustrated seeing this shit about 8k Tat are bailing for Lewis.

If Word of mouth was excepted as a contract we may as well give it away ? I have only ever posted fact on this site and run it by a few other board members before I do post anything, so I guess thats why i get a little frustrated seeing this shit about 8k Tat are bailing for Lewis.
Whatever the deal, contracts can only be enforced by the courts. AFL Vic can deregister players, refuse clearances, rah, rah, rah but this can all be blocked with a simple injunction. This is where the almighty dollar has taken us and it's time for someone to stump up and take it all the way so that a ruling can finally be made. As it currently stands, clubs with plenty of money can simply negotiate a wanted player out of a contract with another club, allegedly happened in the GVFL just last year. Think back to when Greg Williams, playing for Carlton, was rubbed out for a long stint and the Tribunal decision was contested in the courts. John "pig's arse" Elliot and the club took it to the courts and won only to have it overturned on appeal. A binding precedent was set, a loophole closed and the Tribunal radically overhauled. Carlton are still paying for the bourgeoisie attitude displayed during this era.

Last edited:
With the departure of Willis and now O'Sullivan the Bears appear to be entering dangerous territory. Nick Allen is apparently going to Barooga as well. Can't see them winning too many games with what they have. Going to be a long year for the club.
Hi, interesting forum, wanted to know whether shepp or other GV clubs have melbourne based training groups, that train in melbourne and play GV, or is it individual based. Thanks for any info.

Aberfeldie (EDFL Premier) looking for a practice match opponent on 12 March - long weekend.

Keen to travel to your ground or nearby if available.

PM if keen.

Hi, interesting forum, wanted to know whether shepp or other GV clubs have melbourne based training groups, that train in melbourne and play GV, or is it individual based. Thanks for any info.

Think they still train at Goshs paddock. Any Melb based player can attend and from all reports its we'll run. Believe a few years back Josh Fraser ran training whilst playing for Mansfield in the GV.
However some players also train at Melb based clubs they might know someone at or live close to. Most clubs will allow it.

Hope this helps you but others involved with GV might know the current set up..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back