Goulburn Valley FL 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate. It's because you have lost most of your team!! Marrchbank, jacka, Martinello, Priest....
Explain to me why you think teams like Seymour and Echuca will improve on last season?
Wong will leave Shepparton.
Rochy are a solid side. No recruits and have lost some key personnel and Watson, Aiken, Brennan and Bowen a year older.

Explain to me why you think teams like Seymour and Echuca will improve on last season?
Rochy are a solid side. No recruits and have lost some key personnel and Watson, Aiken, Brennan and Bowen a year older.
Echuca....Walker 6-8 games, Hargreaves, a fit Valentine, and a host of emerging young guns in Byrne, burns, Stewart, Farrell. They have also picked up other recruits. If Echuca don't play finals then it would be seen as a major disappointment.

Do Seymour have to improve to be better than the Swans on last years performance? 5th and 6th weren't they?

Shepparton, Euroa and Echuca will improve based upon quality of recruiting alone. Benalla have lost plenty! Last year there was a fair gap between the top three and the rest!

Do Seymour have to improve to be better than the Swans on last years performance? 5th and 6th weren't they?

Shepparton, Euroa and Echuca will improve based upon quality of recruiting alone. Benalla have lost plenty! Last year there was a fair gap between the top three and the rest!
Benalla were also in the top three from my memory.

Who are the key personnel you speak of space jam?

What are the thoughts on live streaming games ?
Probably no huge deal for a couple of Home and Away games if sponsors can be obtained and split between the league and hosting Club. Id only use replays of finals let them trickle through the gates and make it as big as possible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely disgraceful if not investigated given the allegations that have been made. Allegations of threatening behaviour and online sexual depicting of opposition and by youth should be investigated .
All parties now have a question mark over them , much like what occured in the KDFL during finals.
Speaking to one of the victims an hour ago. The hearing was a month ago and a two week suspension was given for the incident where he was defamed. Not sure if other incidents were followed up.

Y
Euroa FNC‏@EuroaFNC
Welcome to (and welcome back Robbie) Matt Hess, Sandy McFarlane, Robbie Wilson..seem to be building well?
You know much about their recruits Ringo? They seem to be from good Comps. If the majority are good players at GV standard I think they would have be a chance. Got a great crop of kids there could be a good couple of Years for the Pies.

Y
You know much about their recruits Ringo? They seem to be from good Comps. If the majority are good players at GV standard I think they would have be a chance. Got a great crop of kids there could be a good couple of Years for the Pies.
No mate don't know much at all but perception is half the battle at times and the Pies seem to be on the rise and will be a threat I would think

No mate don't know much at all but perception is half the battle at times and the Pies seem to be on the rise and will be a threat I would think
Yep the Pies will be among the pacesetters but the big recruit will be getting Watto up and about after that serious knee injury. He is good for at least another 200 games. ;)

Yep the Pies will be among the pacesetters but the big recruit will be getting Watto up and about after that serious knee injury. He is good for at least another 200 games. ;)
Certainly have them as a contender..although Kyabram look like certainties to back up! I see it as Kyabram, Shepparton, Euroa, Benalla, Echuca and Seymour at this stage. A bit worried about Rochy as they don't seem to have got many recruits through the gate!

Personally, I find it disappointing that there will be no regularly streamed matches. Obviously I am removed from the area and for my own selfish reasons, I'd love for matches to be streamed. I imagine there are plenty of other people in my situation where they follow GV clubs but have moved from the area. I see the streams as a way of connecting with a wider audience without really effecting the gate. If you live in Echuca (or anywhere else), are you really going to sit at home and watch the stream as opposed to going to the game (for a relatively cheap price) and having a few beers with your mates and watching the game live (which is far superior to the stream).

It's just really short-sighted from the administration. Surely you want to get the product out to as many people as possible. With live streams, you open the league up to people from everywhere.

Personally, I find it disappointing that there will be no regularly streamed matches. Obviously I am removed from the area and for my own selfish reasons, I'd love for matches to be streamed. I imagine there are plenty of other people in my situation where they follow GV clubs but have moved from the area. I see the streams as a way of connecting with a wider audience without really effecting the gate. If you live in Echuca (or anywhere else), are you really going to sit at home and watch the stream as opposed to going to the game (for a relatively cheap price) and having a few beers with your mates and watching the game live (which is far superior to the stream).

It's just really short-sighted from the administration. Surely you want to get the product out to as many people as possible. With live streams, you open the league up to people from everywhere.

I agree entirely with these comments. I have moved interstate and get rarely get to see local football in the area I grew up. I know others in my situation, as well as elderly frail people who can no longer get to the games. I am sure any keen supporter will always want to get to the ground, see their mates, listen to the coach etc etc - nothing beats that. But for many live streaming would give them a chance to reconnect with local football.

I find the move a bit strange given the league has broadcast via radio for many years.
Especially given the radio audience is very localised and they do compete directly for sponsorship.
If broadcasting competing with the gate and sponsorship , are of concern, does that mean radio broadcasting will cease ?
I may be completely wrong but it appears very political and that many clubs were in favour of the proposal.

Last edited:
Certainly have them as a contender..although Kyabram look like certainties to back up! I see it as Kyabram, Shepparton, Euroa, Benalla, Echuca and Seymour at this stage. A bit worried about Rochy as they don't seem to have got many recruits through the gate!
Ringo you don't think Mansfield getting Mahoney and Browne back will see them knocking on the door? I see them as among the top GV recruits and they will compliment their running playing style.

Ringo you don't think Mansfield getting Mahoney and Browne back will see them knocking on the door? I see them as among the top GV recruits and they will compliment their running playing style.
Mate don't know enough about who else they have but Mahoney is a jet and will be a great pick up and make a huge difference. Browne can certainly play. Like this forum you don't hear too much about Mansfield but they could be a good unit too

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back