Geelong to go undefeated in 2024??

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought the blueballs generally dominated the midfield battle, but reminded me of port with the number of "bomb it to Charlie/Harry" kicks into the f50.

Geelong absolutely brutally efficient going forward. Just not sure you'll always be able to be that efficient and kick that well.
It’s a fair concern however I do have hopes that once danger and Guthrie are back in the middle it’ll be more balanced there moving forward

A lot of ifs but so far it’s working out for the club with the makeshift midfield and their strategy to not get caught up in being beaten in the middle atm and prioritising their strengths elsewhere and that an absolute credit to Scott and the coaching team

It’s a fair concern however I do have hopes that once danger and Guthrie are back in the middle it’ll be more balanced there moving forward

A lot of ifs but so far it’s working out for the club with the makeshift midfield and their strategy to not get caught up in being beaten in the middle atm and prioritising their strengths elsewhere and that an absolute credit to Scott and the coaching team

I think your biggest threat is the orange tsunami who seem to match up reasonably well against you guys.

I thought the blueballs generally dominated the midfield battle, but reminded me of port with the number of "bomb it to Charlie/Harry" kicks into the f50.

Geelong absolutely brutally efficient going forward. Just not sure you'll always be able to be that efficient and kick that well.
Our game is built on the quick turnover, which means we’re always gonna have shots from higher % areas on the ground. We proved against a dominant clearance team that we could generate enough turnovers to out score them.

Hopefully we can just clear the bar that you set us heading into the season: 14th.

Yeah nah my mistake, I thought you’d do the smart thing and start rebuilding. Anyways good luck for the rest of the season, hopefully the draft pick isn’t too bad for you :)

Yeah nah my mistake, I thought you’d do the smart thing and start rebuilding. Anyways good luck for the rest of the season, hopefully the draft pick isn’t too bad for you :)
Rich coming from a supporter of a club who finished 13th last year and traded out their draft picks prior to the draft. Now that was funny.

days since you've been a competitive team?

thought so.

Go Catters

posts a day about GFC from you as we live rent free?

thought so.

GO Catters
Come on. You missed the obvious one.
2008th troll account. Still yet to say something coherent.
The only paranoid one was Shocking changing rules every time Richmond won a flag and the CFL let him lol.

But no problems when the Cats win flags all the time,only a Richmond issue.
Does the main part of the site really need to be exposed to the tin foil hat garbage you Tigers fans go on with?
CFL. Nothing the AFL has done killed Richmond, your time came and went.

Now you're just s**t.

I don't think the Cats will go undefeated this year, but I don't think I'm alone in saying I'd like to see it happen at least once in my lifetime for the novelty.
Has a team ever gone undefeated? Not in my lifetime. Essendon in 2000 lost to WB but won everything else

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has a team ever gone undefeated? Not in my lifetime. Essendon in 2000 lost to WB but won everything else

Pies in 1929 are the only team to have gone undefeated in the H&A season (18-0)

But they did lose the semi and due to the rules at the time they got another chance and beat us in the GF.

Bombers 2000 is the best for me.

I can appreciate its hard to accept but we’ve been rebuilding. We obviously topped up in 2016-2020 but we’ve made some real inroads since then. We got an Insta-All Australian in Stengle in 2021 and Dempsey has come on to be a handy winger, Conway is now getting starts as a ruckman, and the Irish kid (Mullin) is getting game time too. An AA, established starter and two fringe players looking likely to be starters is great 1/4 of the way through their 3rd season.

That was backed up in 2022 with Henry, Bruhn, Bowes as young players traded in and now all established starters. Clark and Hardie might make it too but we’ll need to see a bit more to know for sure. The future looks bright for the top of the table cats. We’ve built a solid core.

I can appreciate its hard to accept but we’ve been rebuilding. We obviously topped up in 2016-2020 but we’ve made some real inroads since then. We got an Insta-All Australian in Stengle in 2021 and Dempsey has come on to be a handy winger, Conway is now getting starts as a ruckman, and the Irish kid (Mullin) is getting game time too. An AA, established starter and two fringe players looking likely to be starters is great 1/4 of the way through their 3rd season.

That was backed up in 2022 with Henry, Bruhn, Bowes as young players traded in and now all established starters. Clark and Hardie might make it too but we’ll need to see a bit more to know for sure. The future looks bright for the top of the table cats. We’ve built a solid core.

You reckon you should trade in a 2nd KPF to go with Neale or draft one? I’m obviously not a recruiter but thats seems like your missing piece atm.

Next weekend will be interesting. If they get past Melbourne I can see the Suns beating them in Darwin. Not saying they will but I wouldn't be shocked with an upset.

Cats Football League?

Corrupt.

It’s not quite as funny as their Seinfeldian zingers like ‘Geelol’ or ‘Geesook’ which I imagine had a group of a dozen or so of Richmond’s brightest minds locked in a room for 8-10 hours to come up with before Smasha and Blaisee finally slapped their foreheads in amazement at exactly the same time in a ‘by jove I’ve got it!’ moment. But it’s up there.

At a 21st yesterday and they had The Sun from 21 years ago out. Back page showing Geelong getting thrashed by St Kilda sitting on the bottom of the ladder with a handful of possessions between Mooney and Graham. Geelong were s**t and will be s**t again. So I am enjoying the high times which has not been bad for the last 20 years

Remove this Banner Ad

Back