FTA-TV Game of Thrones - season 2 (as it airs in America) [SPOILER TAGS MUST BE USED]

Remove this Banner Ad

The assassination of Renly is the biggest catalyst in the whole saga.

He was a charismatic leader and had the biggest army. He would have allowed The North to be independent. He would have defeated Stannis easily, perhaps won most of his men over as well. With The North as an ally you would also imagine they would have had quite an easy time defeating the Lannisters as well. The Greyjoys may have provided a distraction but the fleets of the Arbor would have matched them.

[/spoiler]

I like the Greyjoys, a very intriguing culture on the Iron Islands and a lot of very interesting characters.

The assassination of Renly is the biggest catalyst in the whole saga.

He was a charismatic leader and had the biggest army. He would have allowed The North to be independent. He would have defeated Stannis easily, perhaps won most of his men over as well. With The North as an ally you would also imagine they would have had quite an easy time defeating the Lannisters as well.

"Robert was the true steel. Stannis is pure iron, black and hard and strong, yes, but brittle, the way iron gets. He'll break before he bends. And Renly, that one, he's copper, bright and shiny, pretty to look at but not worth all that much at the end of the day
Not spoiler tagging because it isn't really a spoiler.

Renly never really showed any really abilities to be a decent king.

Not to mention that Renly become King would create a horrible precedent and there would in a future by a civil war everytime a King died.

I'm desperate to watch this damn show. The week is too damn long!

Can't decide which storyline i'm most interested in although the storyline with Dany is not my favourite

Pretty much a 'set it up for the final few eps' kind of episode.

Have to agree with this. Putting all the pieces in place before the final two episodes.

A question for book readers because you'll know what I'm talking about
have they mentioned anything about Tyrion's chain and it's construction in any of the previous episodes? I can't remember and it seems like a big thing to leave out for the Battle of Blackwater.

Tyrion/Varys scenes are gold. Looks like everything's set up for a massive last couple of eps :thumbsu:

Still find myself muting Dany's scenes though, it's always the same (ie her acting like a petulant, spoiled sook while that pussywhipped Jorah just takes it like a bitch).

I've heard it's different in the books but I find her such an unrealistic and contrived character tbh.

Nah, Dany is quite accurate to the books.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tyrion/Varys scenes are gold. Looks like everything's set up for a massive last couple of eps :thumbsu:

Still find myself muting Dany's scenes though, it's always the same (ie her acting like a petulant, spoiled sook while that pussywhipped Jorah just takes it like a bitch).

I've heard it's different in the books but I find her such an unrealistic and contrived character tbh.

I quite enjoyed her storyline in the first season, but this season it's just an annoying interruption to the happenings in Winterfell, Kings Landing and Harrenhall.

Solid episode, everything is set up for 2 epic episodes. Can't wait.

Kat Stark getting the Skylar White treatment.

We'd hope that the last two episodes is where shit get's real. A lot of this season has been mainly just exposition and I don't know if that's because of the writing or the book but whilst still mostly great, it's just taking too long.

Look on Bran's face at the end :(

Kat Stark getting the Skylar White treatment.

We'd hope that the last two episodes is where shit get's real. A lot of this season has been mainly just exposition and I don't know if that's because of the writing or the book but whilst still mostly great, it's just taking too long.

Look on Bran's face at the end :(

bran sad, and maybe mad.

but why did the wilding girl and old fella talk about it within koo-ee of him?

cat stark is annoying me. why is it that women always get in the way? (havent read the books so maybe she like does pwn all but ya know).

where the fk was the house of the undying????

A question for book readers because you'll know what I'm talking about
have they mentioned anything about Tyrion's chain and it's construction in any of the previous episodes? I can't remember and it seems like a big thing to leave out for the Battle of Blackwater.
Hasn't been mentioned at all as far as I'm aware.

Makes me wonder how different the battle will be in the show

Hasn't been mentioned at all as far as I'm aware.

Makes me wonder how different the battle will be in the show

Assuming they just
use Kings Landing as a natural barrier if you like and use wildfire to do the job by itself. The thing is, taking the chain away, and pointing to Cersei having the wildfire prepared, and leaving out Tyrions pledge to Cat takes away from the overall character of Tyrion for mine. Whilst he can be cruel, he's the most honourable of the Lannisters and this has been overlooked somewhat in the show.

No weasel soup? hehe

Davos, aka English Jean Reno.

or even Solos of the Titan era

250px-Thumb_Solon.jpg

;)

HBO's been releasing some pretty awesome promo material for the next episode.

blackwater.jpg

[YOUTUBE]9WYMZUuNruA[/YOUTUBE]

For those worried about not having
Tyrion's Chain
, have a close look at the water just behind Bronn.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back