Streaming Fallout (It's new - use SPOILER tags)

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m not a gamer and never played the game. I’d heard of it but knew nothing about it but the mere basics.

I love the show though. It’s a heap of fun and looks fantastic. The cast is brilliant especially Goggins who just kills it.

Looking forward to season 2.

When they mentioned Pip-Boy I had to rewind and put the subtitles on. I still didn't know what it was. Maybe I missed it in one of the earlier episodes. They did explain it later on.

Can someone explain why the squires carry such a large heck off bag on their backs everywhere?

When they mentioned Pip-Boy I had to rewind and put the subtitles on. I still didn't know what it was. Maybe I missed it in one of the earlier episodes. They did explain it later on.

Can someone explain why the squires carry such a large * off bag on their backs everywhere?
I'm assuming for comedic reasons - it looks like a huge golf bag and the squire is the caddy (and effectively the knight's slave).

It's like he's got a bag for a giant when in reality it's just a normal sized human inside.

That's my take but I'm not a gamer.

I just watched the first episode. I liked it I think, but boy did they try to cram a lot in haha

I'm very cautious of the show; Fallout NV is one of the games of my adolescence, and I'd hate for it to be ruined.
Okay - up to Episode 7 now. The show quality improves after E1, I guess they just had a lot of the world to establish to people who didn't play the game. Really enjoying it now, although some of the retconned timelines for the NCR are confusing given how faithful the rest of the show has been to the games.

Steam sale for all Fallout games ends Saturday, every game heavily discounted.

Steam also reported massive spike in players (naturally expected).

I enjoyed the show, lots in there for Fallout players, the world feels like Fallout, so well done to the creators. Also enjoyed they didn't shoot their lot and holding back the likes of Super Mutants and Deathclaws etc.

Can someone explain why the squires carry such a large * off bag on their backs everywhere?

Beyond it being a bit of an amusing visual gag about the silly rules and regulations of the Brotherhood, I think it's also a bit of a meta joke at the games' "encumbrance" system, which puts an artificial weight limit on the items you can carry, while simultaneously allowing you to haul around a huge amount of guns and junk.

Beyond it being a bit of an amusing visual gag about the silly rules and regulations of the Brotherhood, I think it's also a bit of a meta joke at the games' "encumbrance" system, which puts an artificial weight limit on the items you can carry, while simultaneously allowing you to haul around a huge amount of guns and junk.

That is the way I see it as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2 episodes to go, but I think this is the best video game adaption I've seen. It's incredibly faithful to the games and has a bunch of fan service, and yet it's still is a great show even if you'd never played the games.

2 episodes to go, but I think this is the best video game adaption I've seen. It's incredibly faithful to the games and has a bunch of fan service, and yet it's still is a great show even if you'd never played the games.
Both this and The Last of Us are brilliant.

Just finished the season and thoroughly enjoyed it despite having never played the game.

Just a minor plot hole I couldn’t help but notice in the final episode, if The Ghoul was aware of the design flaw in the knights armour then why didn’t he use this knowledge to kill Maximus in an earlier episode?

Just finished this one. Loved every second of it, having never played the games. Same with last of us. Never would have thought 2 of my favourite recent shows would be based off video games.

I'm very intrigued about what the ghouls wife is up to. Wonder if her plans to get into a good vault came to fruition.

Again like Last of Us not a genre of game I ever played so I came into this fresh

I really got interested once I recognised Walton Goggins was in it - absolutely loved his work in Justified

And I am not disappoint

As noted the 3 main characters are played brilliantly

I thought it was well executed tv and will be waiting season 2 if it happens

Remove this Banner Ad

Back