Streaming Shogun (use spoilers for big story events)

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
Weekly on Hulu and FX. 5 out of 10 episodes released as of March 19, 2024.

Set in 17th century Japan, it tells the story of Englishman, John Blackthorne, who gets shipwrecked then becomes entwined in the power struggles between the local lords.

It's really well written and produced. Interesting characters. The set design, cinematography and special effects blend together to give it an immersive quality. The show combines political intrigue, epic action, and intimate scenes exploring the differences between Japanese and European culture at the time.

Great episode this week. The friendly interplay then reveal of treachery between the brothers was Shakespearean. I was thinking Toranaga must have a secret plan but it was a good twist that he didn't. And he remembers back to a time when one of his enemies honourably surrendered. But surely the death of his son sparks him into action, maybe prompted by John Blackthorne. Mariko's story is tragic.

73c8a506dc99089759651dc28b0dfa2f.jpg

All I could think of at the end of that episode.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Another great episode. The tea ceremony with Mariko and Buntaro was great viewing but the dialog took it to another level.

Of course, Toranaga does have a secret plan and was willing to let his friend and general, Hiromatsu, commit seppuku as part of his ploy to make his enemies believe his defeat to be real.

Another great episode. The tea ceremony with Mariko and Buntaro was great viewing but the dialog took it to another level.

Of course, Toranaga does have a secret plan and was willing to let his friend and general, Hiromatsu, commit seppuku as part of his ploy to make his enemies believe his defeat to be real.
Mariko’s take down of Buntaro was both brilliant and heart breaking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back