F1 F1 2024 thread

Remove this Banner Ad

seemed strange to me. unless williams have convinced him there are better times ahead. like getting newey back for instance.:think:
You can only assume he doesnt want to sign up long term to audi and would rather spend a year in a williams and free himself up for a seat should max move in 2026.

Max might have already agreed to terms with mercedes for 2026 in which case 12 months at williams and then into a red bull could be the plan for carlos, the other possibility is mercedes are waiting on antonelli to show something and if carlos waits for that he is out of a seat all together, you might see ocon in a mercedes for 12 months and then being replaced by antonelli/verstapped/sainz.

You have to assume at this point he sees audi as another renault level entry who wont get there in his career lifespan and his only option to win races is red bull or mercedes either this year or next.

You can only assume he doesnt want to sign up long term to audi and would rather spend a year in a williams and free himself up for a seat should max move in 2026.

Max might have already agreed to terms with mercedes for 2026 in which case 12 months at williams and then into a red bull could be the plan for carlos, the other possibility is mercedes are waiting on antonelli to show something and if carlos waits for that he is out of a seat all together, you might see ocon in a mercedes for 12 months and then being replaced by antonelli/verstapped/sainz.

You have to assume at this point he sees audi as another renault level entry who wont get there in his career lifespan and his only option to win races is red bull or mercedes either this year or next.

I read on Reddit that apparently he is no chance of a Red Bull seat. Supposedly his dad when he was there before caused a lot of problems behind the scenes trying to get Carlos preferential treatment over Max and that basically burned any chance he had of going back.

starting to look more like sainz to williams.
That’s a pity for him.
He deserves better than that clunker.
seemed strange to me. unless williams have convinced him there are better times ahead. like getting newey back for instance.:think:

Yeah it's a one year deal apparently. We shall see bottas was also seen coming out of the Williams trailer on the weekend. Also rumours of tsunoda to haas

Sent from my SM-A556E using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

very insightful.

thought he be a good fit at benz.

haha, a pretty hilarious and damning video:

That is one of the worst videos I've ever had the displeasure of watching. I would push that guy into a volcano at the same time as Donald Trump.

Also the hate for Stroll on here is vitriolic and beyond embarrassing. His pre-F1 career was actually really good and while his father bought a team that he drives for, he was worthy of F1. His recent form has been up and down and he's inconsistent but he's still only 25. There are other drivers like Hulkenberg, Magnussen, Perez and Bottas that have been on the grid longer and apart from maybe Bottas, the other 3 do not deserve to be on the grid, especially given their age and recent form.

That is one of the worst videos I've ever had the displeasure of watching. I would push that guy into a volcano at the same time as Donald Trump.

Also the hate for Stroll on here is vitriolic and beyond embarrassing. His pre-F1 career was actually really good and while his father bought a team that he drives for, he was worthy of F1. His recent form has been up and down and he's inconsistent but he's still only 25. There are other drivers like Hulkenberg, Magnussen, Perez and Bottas that have been on the grid longer and apart from maybe Bottas, the other 3 do not deserve to be on the grid, especially given their age and recent form.

Hulk's been pretty good.

Video is massively cringe and I was a defender of Stroll for a while. Did pretty well in his first few seasons. Couple of podiums and front rows. Alonso seems to have destroyed his confidence though.

Ocon may be benched for Canada, with Alpine bringing in Doohan. Three Aussies on the grid too. Can't see the back of Ocon fast enough. Terrible team player and just really unlikeable.

He's clashed with Perez, Alonso and Gasly now all as teammates. He's damaged goods now and it wouldn't surprise me to see him off the grid completely for 2025.

Hulkenberg and Magnussen are only there because they don't cost them a fortune in smashed cars (ref Mick Schumacher).

The whole Haas team is utterly pointless and should be replaced.

But also, Stroll is shite. Try and spin it anyway you like. The Aston Martin team would improve with a better second driver in it.

Missed this news, why Williams rather than Mercedes?
Think Merc are putting all their eggs in the Russell/Kimi Antonelli partnership basket.

Even if Kimi isn't 100% ready for 2025, he is a shoe in for the 2026 Merc seat, so if Sainz went to Merc it would only be a one year deal and I'm sure he is wanting a longer term contract.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back