Do you miss the old tricolour scheme/jumper?

Do you miss the old tricolour?

• Yes

Votes: 24 46.2%
  • No, prefer just purple

Votes: 28 53.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The old jumper was peak Freo and I love it. I reckon we should go back it it. The chevrons represent nothing.
It’s one of the best in the competition.
Simple yet effective.
Port is also class compared to Fremantle’s.
It gives off a traditional, heritage vibe just like Collingwood’s.

The club is only 30yrs old so maintaining some connection to the original Fremantle teams is a great part of the history.

Many of the original members of Fremantle Dockers joined due to their support of South or East Fremantle in the WAFL.

Some of course were already West Coast members.

But we need to keep that history. i would prefer our heritage game jumper to be one of the original Fremantle teams jumpers not the original Dockers one.

But i did love the green in our jumper

Port stuffed theirs up by putting that stupid white panel back.
They had the number panel on all of their SANFL jumpers. I actually don't mind it even though their actual strip is pretty half arsed and half committed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I miss the anchor, but I want the Purple haze jumper. Still the best we had.
img_6093-jpeg.1852941

img_6094-jpeg.1852942

I always thought that the Purple Haze hype was unfounded but with the old woollen seagull style anchor, I think it should be the club's look.

Makes it easy and morecohesive to include the green OG away jumper, too.

They had the number panel on all of their SANFL jumpers. I actually don't mind it even though their actual strip is pretty half arsed and half committed.
The obsession with the white panel is weird. Just doesn’t mix today.
Otherwise the black home jersey with the white and teal Vs is actually a fantastic design

Like others, I love the nostalgia that our original jumpers evoke but don’t miss seeing us play in those colours on a weekly basis.

When watching back our old games, especially from the first few years, what stands out to me is the vibrancy of the purple hue we had at the time. It almost seems to glow a bit.

Our current shade of purple is obviously more marketable and much better suited for merchandising, but it’s come at the cost of some of the zaniness and colourfulness that helped draw me to the club in the first place.

Last edited:
Like others, I love the nostalgia that our original jumpers evoke but don’t miss seeing us play in those colours on a weekly basis.

When watching back our old games, especially from the first few years, what stands out to me is the vibrancy of the purple hue we had at the time. It almost seems to glow a bit.

Our current shade of purple is obviously more marketable and much better suited for merchandising, but it’s come at the cost of some of the zaniness and colourfulness that helped draw me to the club in the first place.
It's basically navy which appeals to sponsors for some weird reason, never really got the thought behind it. West Coast went back to the royal blue and they're still playing with money. sponsors are basically rich blokes who want to hang around the blokes who didn't give them the time of day back in school, they don't care about colourschemes –just success.

Freo's purple being an amalgamation of South Fremantle and East Fremantle, the red and green being port and starboard or the Italian flag are undocumented urban myths we all use to feel better about ourselves. purple was the most underused colour in sport and was proposed to the AFL as marketable – based on American sports teams. if you look at the late 80s and 1990s' American franchises that were brought in, most took up the two colours Fremantle and Port Adelaide Power did...

Definitely love the tri-colour and am nostalgic about it. I'd like for us to use it once a year. The new jumper has a more professional aesthetic.

I used to dig the purple and white anchor. Surely we get that for retro round this year.

I miss it but, given you're a Slime supporter and even though we agree on something, you can rack off.

Not about the jumpers, but I'm stoked with our Sekem relationship. Backing a local entity rather than a Multi Multi National Brand was a something I thought would never happen. The mob up the road should take a leaf and jump on board also but it would be too hum drum for them.

Not about the jumpers, but I'm stoked with our Sekem relationship. Backing a local entity rather than a Multi Multi National Brand was a something I thought would never happen. The mob up the road should take a leaf and jump on board also but it would be too hum drum for them.
Sekem supplied the Eagles for the last few years. Castore never delivered their playing gear so Sekem produced it and just chucked the Castore logo on everything.

Back