News Collingwood News & Media

Remove this Banner Ad

Which is what the medal represents.
I see rings as just another “wannabe America” infiltration on our society.
Enough already.
Yes, but I like the idea of all the players who played during the premiership year receiving something from the club. Like Johnny Noble. I don't think it needs to be an AFL thing. I don't think it needs to be a ring. The club's can decide what's appropriate for them. If some clubs choose not to do anything, that's also fine.

I found the whole outrage about the idea kind of hilarious, tbh. None of the people who were so offended are ever going to receive anything like that anyway, so why do they care what another club does to acknowledge players who contributed during the year, including those who didn't play in the GF.

Yes, but I like the idea of all the players who played during the premiership year receiving something from the club. Like Johnny Noble. I don't think it needs to be an AFL thing. I don't think it needs to be a ring. The club's can decide what's appropriate for them. If some clubs choose not to do anything, that's also fine.

I found the whole outrage about the idea kind of hilarious, tbh. None of the people who were so offended are ever going to receive anything like that anyway, so why do they care what another club does to acknowledge players who contributed during the year, including those who didn't play in the GF.

The story was about the AFL dropping a couple of million bucks every year on the idea. Wasn’t anything about clubs doing any kind of recognition on their own - which they are already free to do.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back