Preview Changes vs Nth Melbourne

Predict your Thursday night melt level

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

So did I and it sounded like lip service to me. He was clear to point out they had stuff to work on and for supporters to make sure they watch SANFL games
"Billy's the first to say he's working on his game and he wants to get and make sure he's ready to go"

🙄

So did I and it sounded like lip service to me. He was clear to point out they had stuff to work on and for supporters to make sure they watch SANFL games
You must be a perfect player to get promoted to the AFL. Everyone knows once you hit AFL level you stop learning and developing so we must ensure that you have reached that point before debuting.

I can only imagine how it feels week after week to go over what you need to do better and then sit down on the weekend and watch McHeadless run around ineffectively for 2 and a half hours.

You must be a perfect player to get promoted to the AFL. Everyone knows once you hit AFL level you stop learning and developing so we must ensure that you have reached that point before debuting.

I can only imagine how it feels week after week to go over what you need to do better and then sit down on the weekend and watch McHeadless run around ineffectively for 2 and a half hours.

A player should bring a tape of McHenry's "efforts" into their meeting with Nicks and specifically ask whether they need to reduce their output to his level to get a game

He also talked about shuffling it around with the team in place and moving Jones or Nankervis back there.
Yes, heard that.

I think the clear changes based on the match sim teams and his comments are Crouch for Berry, Pedlar for Smith (shuffling Nankervis or Jones back and Cook to a wing). Gollant not in A team, but Himmelberg wasn't either, so hard to gauge this one. Sholl also not in A team, but neither were Dowling or Curtin. It is really down to who is replacing Gollant in the best 22 and Sholl as the sub; my best guess is Berg and Dowling. It will genuinely suck seeing Ned stink it up in the best 22 and have Dowling as the sub, but it is the conservative selection Nicks seems to prefer.

Nicks also thought Laird was 'better in the contest' against Essendon too, watchout for the vanilla midfield combo to return this week!

That A team training list contained some good news at least

Nankervis slides to half back in Smith's spot. Cook up to the wing. Pedlar into the half forward role. Three good shuffles on the back of Smith's injury.

Crouch for Berry pretty straight forward. What to do with Laird?

Murphy to start in SANFL, Sholl in SANFL or sub again.

McHenry survives but hopefully the day draws nearer.
Laird should be shuffling to hbf with Smith out.

"Billy's the first to say he's working on his game and he wants to get and make sure he's ready to go"

🙄
Back To School GIF

So likely to be this 21 + either Berg or Gollant in the 22.

They will probably be brave & make Dowling sub.

Pretty uninspiring.

Would be a perfect opportunity against the bottom team to debut Dowling & Curtin in the 22.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LOL the sheer audacity of Nicks to say Dowling has things to work on before playing AFL meanwhile McHenry gets a game despite all the ******* crater-sized holes in the way he plays....
What I struggle with McHenry is that last year he was clearly on the outer and largely only played as the sub or was in the SANFL. Heck, he even got dropped after the Freo win in round 4 last year when he got votes from both coaches after 22 touches and 3 goal assists.

It seems like the sad reality is that Nicks only sees either Murphy or McHenry in this forward pressure role and loves that they play with a hard edge, regardless of their actual stats or ability to hit the scoreboard. He genuinely thinks they are AFL quality players, when in reality they should only ever be the depth players on your list.

What I struggle with McHenry is that last year he was clearly on the outer and largely only played as the sub or was in the SANFL. Heck, he even got dropped after the Freo win in round 4 last year when he got votes from both coaches after 22 touches and 3 goal assists.

It seems like the sad reality is that Nicks only sees either Murphy or McHenry in this forward pressure role and loves that they play with a hard edge, regardless of their actual stats or ability to hit the scoreboard. He genuinely thinks they are AFL quality players, when in reality they should only ever be the depth players on your list.

It does sound a bit like how Hinkley uses McEntee. Drives their supporters mad too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The obvious outs appear to be Berry, Smith and Gollant. I am hopeful that McHenry is one too but I won’t hold my breath. Don’t care if Sholl stays sub, better than wasting it on someone that needs a sanfl game.

Crouch, Himmelberg and Pedlar seem obvious ins. I am hopeful we now see Curtin due to Smith’s injury, there really aren’t many other options (Ryan is the other). I am hopeful of seeing Dowling, but again not holding my breath and Nicks is way too conservative to debut two at once.

The feel good cheering and hugs have gone out the window with debuts.
We will now call him Commander Nicks.

I think McHenry is a great Sub option. He comes on when the game has slowed down with rampant energy. Seems to get way more of the ball in that situation as well. He's just never had that kind of impact over 4 quarters. TBH sometimes he gets more touches in 1 quarter as a sub then he does in 4 quarters!

At this point his ceiling is proven and its not high. Just keep him as the forever sub to stop other higher ceiling players losing valuable minutes.

LOL the sheer audacity of Nicks to say Dowling has things to work on before playing AFL meanwhile McHenry gets a game despite all the ******* crater-sized holes in the way he plays....
This example alone tells you that Nicks is a clueless moron.

He literally has no fxxkn clue.

Hope we lose again and this uesless turd gets flushed sooner rather than later.

Pathetic, weak and clueless.

At least he knows Dowling and Curtin exist, so some progress
According to Nicks today, apparently Dowling has been talked about as a possible selection the last three weeks! So somebody in the selection group is clearly putting his name up each time - and someone else has been holding him back. o_O:rolleyes:

Also indicating Laird gonna get more inside mid time rather than less, so cross off those move to HB hopes.

Again, as Laird confirmed only last week, what made him so good in the HB role previously is no longer possible with the 6-6-6 rules. He did say he may spend a small of time both there and forward, but his bread and butter is in the middle.

Back