Podcast Cat Attack Podcast 2024 - Kingy and Benny are back in 24 for K ROCK Football.

Remove this Banner Ad

Lets keep this thread to questions for the boys rather than discussion posts please

GO Catters

Last edited:

Kingy.... Homer Simpson 😎
Question to you both...

If Stanley retires at season's end ,
What would you do about another ruckman.
We have Conway who will be our 1st option. We will have Edwards who we drafted last season, so his only 19 so is still raw and young..
We also have " Frothie Furphy" who is a rookie..

Would you bring in another kid? Or would you pick up a Mature State League Ruckman, just to fill the gap or backup Conway ,Edwards if they are both injured or if there don't make it ( which I'm confident they will make it )
I personally would go a mature state league ruckman, especially when we have 2 young ruckman in the waiting.

plus Connor O'Sullivan... Do you think Geelong are looking him to be our next Blitz? In preseason we played him in the ruck, a bit up forward and also down defence.. Could he be our Blitz replacement player in years to come?

Cheers FoxDog50

Last edited:
5-0!

Who would have thunk?

Got a question, comment or criticism?

We'll cover it off at 2pm Thursday

Did what was required v the shinboners. Our midfield was very good but will have to lift another cog v the lions. Tanner bruhn seems to make every disposal count, 20 from him is equal to 30 from others. Neale really excites, he’s such an athlete, unsure how but gotta get more games into him. O Sullivan looked right at home, and SDK is getting better week by week. I’ve been impressed by Bowes also since he came into side. Danger kolo to come in, I’d be thinking touhy out, I feel he’s reached the end and think Clark knevitt etc should play before he does. Start well and we right in it Saturday night

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Hi all,

Bit of a random question from me this week. I was wondering if either of you have read The Boys Club by Michael Warner?

If not, do so ASAP. It has certainly made me change my view of the head honchos at AFL headquarters, and not for the better.

I think Jack Bowes has shown great poise, and footy nous, in the midfield and is a great kick. But his performance has been unheralded by most. So does he stay in the side or get squeezed when Danger and Guthrie return? What’s his future look like right now Kingy and Ben?

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Great call last week for a massive win!

Kingy - thanks for the shout out on Neale's second goal - My mum was over the moon LOL and took great joy in that one

Great problem to have with 28 not fitting into 23 but whom goes out this week to get Hawkins, Danger and Kolo back in?

Neale would be very stiff to not get another go on the back of that effort..... especially his defensive tackling pressures in F50.

1713222822138.png

Whom will win the car first? Dempsey, Stewy or James Willis?

Go Catters!

Last edited:
Here it is - Benny's not going to be happy with the edits

Kingy

90 min pod was cut down to 32 mins,.. id say he'll be dirty!!!!

Will listen now

GO Catters

Last edited:
What a start to the season...

Who would be in the running for All Australian so far?

Obviously Cameron and Stewart.
But perhaps Miers, Stengle, and the smokey of Zac Guthrie?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We've never done a 6-0 podcast ... until now!

Fire away. Cats fans.

Recording around 3:30pm Wednesday.

Not pants down yet, but maybe loosening the belt. Once again held firm when opposition has momentum and stopped them scoring.
Last week we discussed back up rucks. Brayden preuss doing nothing at giants, 28, would be a cheap get.
Also a shoutout for Mitch knevitt. He’s tracking well, always in better players in vfl and is a 3rd year player: in 2 years he’ll be part of the furniture of the top side when retirements come. He also laid the match saving tackle in vfl.
Mitch Hardie probably couldn’t do more
In vfl but midfield is performing well currently.
Zac Guthrie is the man to try to take Stewart’s role intercepting this week.
Benny any tips for the may racing carnival? Very dry down here in the bool

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I know it might be easy to say considering they won a flag in 2022 but I feel like Chris Scott has coached his best in the last 50 games of his time as head coach. The development and improvement he has produced out of the next rung of players is outstanding. I know you both have been critical of the coach but do you agree or disagree thoughts???

A technical question: I love listening to KRock Match Audio online after a game, particularly 5th quarter analysis and post-match interviews. The last couple of weeks there have been pieces missing (no 5th quarter vs the Roos, no post-match interview after the Lions). What's up with that? Not a complaint, just a query to let you know in case you're not aware some things may not be uploading. Thanks for being awesome. Go Cats! https://www.krock.com.au/match-audio/

Cats V Blues VFL 19:00 Friday night into AFL Cats v BLues 23:30 Friday.

It gets no better than this (maybe Neale kicking 7 in the AFL)

A pictorial description of my GFC consumption this week

Austin Powers Get In My Belly GIF by Chris Cimino

After watching VFL last week, I hate to say it but the AFL has passed Jed Bews by (hope im wrong). Hard to see him back in the 22 barring injuries. But as one door closes, another opens.

Ted Clohesy is a machine - tough as teak, great in and under player and could be a great small defender or MF.. Would like to see that happen but realistically needs another year. Can he get games this year?

Trade Silliness and FA fantasy - Better to try and pry Harley Reid out of WA for 4 x Rd1 picks or chase Luke Davies Uniake as FA next year??? Reid would cost too much IMO so LDU the better option. Thoughts if you had any?

GO Catters

Boys...
Just going to defend my question last week in regards in how how I asked the question on O'Sullivan could be the next Blitz. Beny Cas , did say " why do we need him to be the next Blitz, and just let him develop to his own game as a Key Defender...

In my opinion. Every club in the league is jealous that we have the player of Blitz that can play in every spot on the ground... There is no player in the competition comes close..
I would love to see another player playing for Geelong who could possibly can do that... at is such a huge boost to have player that can do that for us years to come once Blitz hangs up the boots...
And if he does,I hope he makes his own name for doing those achievements...

Also ( joke time ) you did say Cam Guthrie will have to have a run in the VFL to find his feet .. Last time I checked my feet are at the end of my legs... I haven't seen them ever gone missing before 🥁

A technical question: I love listening to KRock Match Audio online after a game, particularly 5th quarter analysis and post-match interviews. The last couple of weeks there have been pieces missing (no 5th quarter vs the Roos, no post-match interview after the Lions). What's up with that? Not a complaint, just a query to let you know in case you're not aware some things may not be uploading. Thanks for being awesome. Go Cats! https://www.krock.com.au/match-audio/

As one of them disgusting lefty political animals I never in a million years would have imagined myself saying this, but keep the politics and the loving or loathing of all things 'woke' OFF the podcast! It's good to find an oasis away from the cut and the thrust of right and left, let's keep it that way!

To be honest, I was cutting it out. But, you don't have to deal with Benny - I do. ;-)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back