Prediction How will the Geelong Cats fare in season 2024?

Where will Geelong finish in 2024

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Had a main board nuffie (tiger) that hit us an unfair advantage that the cats gets to train on their home ground that they play on when no other team gets that advantage

So they’ll find any reason to whinge and bitch about how unfair anything is
Even after all that success, it's easy to find triggered Tigers who are just plain miserable. It's funny!

Even after all that success, it's easy to find triggered Tigers who are just plain miserable. It's funny!
I didn’t have the motivation to point out that club also trains at Deakin’s University oval which is the same size as the MCG

Just couldn’t be bothered with that stupid point of argument

GWS have been poor today and Green is injured. They have some tricky games ahead. They could easily be pushed back in the top 2 race soon if Geelong and Sydney stay strong.

Sorry if this is a silly question - is it Green or Greene who's injured as I've seen both spellings mentioned so I'm a little confused as I've seen nothing of that game due to work

Assuming we win this weekend, we will be 5-0 and about to start a tough run:

-Brisbane (Gabba)
-Carlton (MCG)

-Melbourne (MCG)
-Port (GMHBA)
-Gold Coast (Darwin)
-GWS (GMHBA)

Consensus seems to be that 3-0 or even 2-4 would be a good result. I think 4-2 is a realistic aim.

If we can take one of the MCG games, one of the road trips north and both games at home then we will be 9-2.

That would mean a 7-5 run home would see us secure top 4. 5 of those games are at home. Essendon at the G and NM in Tasmania are 2 others.
Nothing has changed. We've ticked off our MCG win and road trip North win. Now we need to get the business done in our next two home games, with the Gold Coast game a free throw at the stumps.

Nothing has changed. We've ticked off our MCG win and road trip North win. Now we need to get the business done in our next two home games, with the Gold Coast game a free throw at the stumps.
Beat Port and we'll forget the Dees game even happened.

We had to lose eventually, played horribly, and still nearly pulled off the win.

A win would have papered over some cracks...but a loss will have the boys fired up and keen to make amends.

Particularly the likes of Jez & Stewart, who are full of pride and don't like having their colours lowered.

Honestly, more confident now for the Port and Gold Coast games off the loss.

We haven't seen pissed off Geelong in a long time, as when the opportunities presented themselves last year, it coincided with 2-3 key players going out, along with the 3-4 already on the sideline.

That won't be the case this week, and if anything we'll be having some troops return in MOC & Parfitt.

Beat Port and we'll forget the Dees game even happened.

We had to lose eventually, played horribly, and still nearly pulled off the win.

A win would have papered over some cracks...but a loss will have the boys fired up and keen to make amends.

Particularly the likes of Jez & Stewart, who are full of pride and don't like having their colours lowered.

Honestly, more confident now for the Port and Gold Coast games off the loss.

We haven't seen pissed off Geelong in a long time, as when the opportunities presented themselves last year, it coincided with 2-3 key players going out, along with the 3-4 already on the sideline.

That won't be the case this week, and if anything we'll be having some troops return in MOC & Parfitt.
Judging by some of the comments in the autopsy thread, Geelong are the only team that has to go through the season undefeated to be considered a chance at the flag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Judging by some of the comments in the autopsy thread, Geelong are the only team that has to go through the season undefeated to be considered a chance at the flag.
I know we all get swept up in the moment, but game day threads are a sight to behold. There are a few posters who should hang their heads in shame at the venom they spit out the second Geelong's level drops down to poor.

Again, it's fine to be critical. But some of the inflammatory, overstated stuff that gets thrown about is genuinely embarrassing.

I know we all get swept up in the moment, but game day threads are a sight to behold. There are a few posters who should hang their heads in shame at the venom they spit out the second Geelong's level drops down to poor.

Again, it's fine to be critical. But some of the inflammatory, overstated stuff that gets thrown about is genuinely embarrassing.
I suppose part of it is conditioning. Every Geelong team to win a flag this century have been a level above 95% of the opposition.

We haven't seen a so so Geelong premiership side (relative to other premiers) in the mould of a 2012 Swans, 2016 Dogs, 2018 Eagles.

That's not to say this 2024 Cats incarnation can't become one of the great sides either. So much still to play out. Going by all the available information we have currently, we are as good a chance as any.

I've been a little concerned recently about The Cats not having a lock down small defender such as Bews or Mullin against the better sides and come finals time that could be extremely significant. Anyhow, I've been keen on Oisin Mullin for sometime so I took time out to watch him in last weekends VFL game and I was so impressed with him, he's coming on 'big time' and unlike Bewsey he's 'much more attacking' and is only getting better.

Oisin has speed to burn and his skills are improving at a rapid rate including his kicking and for a smallish player he's also got a excellent leap to kill a marking contest against his opponent. I'm sure the MC already has Oisin in mind for future because they went from playing him in VFL midfield the previous VFL game back to backline over weekend. Still reckon this kid could be a real surprise packet for us and be a terrific match-up for likes of a Kozzy Pickett and other small dangerous forwards in future games.

Last edited:
Having watched all the vfl games this year.. the vfl game vs the dolphins was by far the best example IMO of Mullins development.

Run and carry.. but also thinking about the game and ball use.. was clearly at its highest here.

Bodes well for taking us deeper this year.

Go Catters

I’m prepared to say, given our start, the nature of the loss last weekend (very average yet still should have won given the opportunities), I think our best footy is better than anyone else in the comp in full flight. I’m comfortable in saying that we are a genuine chance of winning a premiership, which kind of turns on the head the odd years premierships of 7/9/11, if we turn it into a 22/24, 😂.

Having watched all the vfl games this year.. the vfl game vs the dolphins was by far the best example IMO of Mullins development.

Run and carry.. but also thinking about the game and ball use.. was clearly at its highest here.

Bodes well for taking us deeper this year.

Go Catters
I’m probably more excited about Mullins more than anyone, he’s built like a brick outhouse too, and doesn’t mind using his body to smash opponents.

Back