Brendon Ah Chee

Remove this Banner Ad

Brendon Ah Chee’s awkward call to his parents after West Coast trade

BEING closer to family is a massive lure for players to return to their home states. But for West Coast recruit Brendon Ah Chee, his shift back to Perth has actually taken him further away.

Ah Chee joined the Eagles during the trade period after six years with Port Adelaide. Drafted from South Fremantle, Ah Chee comes from a talented family and his brother Callum plays for Gold Coast.

Ah Chee’s parents, Brendon Snr and Valerie, were keen to be closer to their footballing sons and made the decision to move to South Australia for the 2017 season with their youngest son Rafael.

https://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/w...-parents-after-west-coast-trade-ng-b88687266z

Brendon Ah Chee’s awkward call to his parents after West Coast trade

BEING closer to family is a massive lure for players to return to their home states. But for West Coast recruit Brendon Ah Chee, his shift back to Perth has actually taken him further away.

Ah Chee joined the Eagles during the trade period after six years with Port Adelaide. Drafted from South Fremantle, Ah Chee comes from a talented family and his brother Callum plays for Gold Coast.

Ah Chee’s parents, Brendon Snr and Valerie, were keen to be closer to their footballing sons and made the decision to move to South Australia for the 2017 season with their youngest son Rafael.

https://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/w...-parents-after-west-coast-trade-ng-b88687266z
I hope Raf is in our next Gen/Indigenous Academy program and we keep the family happy. Be great to see Ah Che back at the club down the track.

I can sort of understand just not getting around to updating the website, but changing a departed players' number to zero instead of taking him off altogether?

In my opinion updating the website is an area that has never really improved, whom ever is responsible for it must take long service every year from October until February.

An example was a bloke who shall remain un-named ;) who had his pic on the club's official player listing showing him wearing hawk's gear, and it wasn't changed until well into the new year. o_O

In the age of digital cameras that shouldn't be acceptable, and as much as many of us enjoy taking the piss out of the wobblers, I suspect the chances of a similar situation happening on their club website would be close to zero.

I thought the folks moved over because we were going to go after Callum and with the younger brother in Aboriginal academy that the family was going to be all together at Alberton.It wasn't the case. Wonder if the folks will stay at SA particularly if the brother in the academy is any good.

I believe the website is outsourced to Telstra, like every other club. It's garbage and over priced like any Telstra service.

Yeah but it's not like the website content is updated by the Telstra call centre in Mumbai, that's the job of the club's media department.

The same thing happens every year. While other clubs update their player profiles almost immediately, ours is lucky to have them in order before round one.

It is a little thing, I know, but it comes across as lazy given how little effort it requires.

See: The general running of the port store and that garbage infinite retail

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The same thing happens every year. While other clubs update their player profiles almost immediately, ours is lucky to have them in order before round one.

It is a little thing, I know, but it comes across as lazy given how little effort it requires.
I've been hanging for the website to be updated so we can all figure out whether Houston is a rookie or not.

27 games in 6 seasons?

Pretty stiff if you compare it to what the likes of O'Shea, Impey and Kane Mitchell were afforded.
All far more consistent players than Ah Chee, and all in vastly different roles.

Look at Sam Gray for an example of someone who got the same opportunities as Ah Chee until he became consistently good.

Honestly I’m not sure in what way Ah Chee was more accomplished in his time here than any of those players. Yeah he had 3-4 great games, but a higher number of absolute shockers along with numerous average performances.

81 games in 6 seasons. 81!

Carn. O’Shea was a vastly better player than Ah Chee outside of his 2016, and even his 2016 was about equal to Brendan’s.

I don't wanna be that guy but isn't there a specific board for discussing past players? Not a fan of it on the main board tbh.

Carn. O’Shea was a vastly better player than Ah Chee outside of his 2016, and even his 2016 was about equal to Brendan’s.

O’Shea can hang his hat on about 10-15 good games. The rest were a combination of very average performances and absolute nightmares. It defies belief that he almost cracked the ton with us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back