Brendon Ah Chee

Remove this Banner Ad

:(

Out of everyone we’re losing this off-season, this is the only one that bothers me. Trengove, Impey, Young and Lobbe have all had ample opportunities over the years. Bar maybe Impey, I’m comfortable that we weren’t ever gonna get much more out of them than we’ve already gotten. Ah Chee never received those consistent opportunities, despite arguably being the most talented of the lot. I think if any of those deals comes back to bite us, it’ll be this one.
Me too. I was always an Ach fan, and I think he may end up being an absolute star.

Farewell Mahogany God.
A-grass-pear-wood-craft-ornaments-mahogany-God-of-wealth-Wu-Guan-Gong-Guan-step-home.jpg

In my dreams you are still a Port player

I will seek you in my dreams every night

:hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts:
:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Those cnuts out West don’t deserve a player like Brendon. Much rather he went to Fremantle.

Absolutely fantastic young man who despite never really breaking into the seniors on a consistent basis has made a very positive contribution to the football club.

Would not surprise at all for him to relish the likely additional opportunities at West Coast.

All the best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Testament to the bloke that even though he could never quite cement his spot, he was no doubt one of the most popular and favourite lads for our supporters.

Hope you do really well, Arch (just save your bad games for when you play us ;)

Thought he got a raw deal here, especially after the Essendon game where he only got half a game and was then dropped, despite playing well before that game. Came across as the scapegoat a lot of times and if we hadn't got Rockliff and Motlop could have slotted into the Impey role and with regular games made something of himself.

Should be able to get a place in the West Coast midfield due to the retirements of Mitchell and Priddis.

Reminds me a bit of Moore in that he's got all the tools and size and a real swagger at SANFL level, yet for whatever reason just couldn't break through the psychological barrier and do the same things at AFL level, beyond the natural increase in difficulty.

That said, hopefully he can put it together at West Coast and have a nice career. Lovely fella.
Arch when he got a chance showed more at AFL level than Moore did. I think we persisted with Moore for so long simply because he was top 10 pick or close enough.

Reminds me a bit of Moore in that he's got all the tools and size and a real swagger at SANFL level, yet for whatever reason just couldn't break through the psychological barrier and do the same things at AFL level, beyond the natural increase in difficulty.

That said, hopefully he can put it together at West Coast and have a nice career. Lovely fella.

I reckon if he was given the same chances to prove himself as Moore got, we wouldn't be losing him. Really am sad to see him go and hope he gets a good run at West Coast

Arch when he got a chance showed more at AFL level than Moore did. I think we persisted with Moore for so long simply because he was top 10 pick or close enough.

Ah Chee definitely had more x-factor, but history is littered with those types.

I think Moore got closer to making it, but just didn't kick up into that 20dpg mode as expected. The back-end of his 2013 was really promising, but hurt his shoulder leading into 2014 and didn't feature until later in the year. Then he copped that 3-week suspension for umpire contact the week Wines broke his arm against North in early 2015. He was in peak physical condition, rollicking form for the Maggies and a frontline role opened right up.

C'est la vie.

Ah Chee definitely had more x-factor, but history is littered with those types.

I think Moore got closer to making it, but just didn't kick up into that 20dpg mode as expected. The back-end of his 2013 was really promising, but hurt his shoulder leading into 2014 and didn't feature until later in the year. Then he copped that 3-week suspension for umpire contact the week Wines broke his arm against North in early 2015. He was in peak physical condition, rollicking form for the Maggies and a frontline role opened right up.

C'est la vie.

Yep - Moores moment had come and then he touched/pushed the umpire. Rest is history.

Starting from the 32 min mark, Brendon talks to 6PR about his one year contract with West Coast. Sounds like they were into him since before the finals this year. (maybe not on 2nd listening)

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-10-19/somethings-got-to-give-eagles-defend-trade-strategy

After Priddis and Mitchell's departures, [West Coast list manager] Rawlings' priority during the NAB AFL Trade Period was securing Port Adelaide's big-bodied onballer Brendon Ah Chee to add midfield depth.

Yeah that's consistent with what I've read on afl.com. With all due respect to Arch, that's a high level of interest/priority for a guy with his current track record. I'm hoping for Arch's sake they meant "depth in the first 22 midfield", as opposed to "depth midfielder" as he found himself here. In the rest of the article Rawlings outlines WC's strategy - to load up on the draft this year rather than next. Each to their own.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back