Brendon Ah Chee

Remove this Banner Ad

West Coast Eagles recruit Brendon Ah Chee’s ankle injury worse than expected

West Coast recruit Brendon Ah Chee is in doubt for the club’s historic round one clash with Sydney at Optus Stadium amid concerns his ankle injury may be worse than first thought.

Ah Chee’s setback came in his first match for the Eagles against his former club Port Adelaide at Leederville Oval on Sunday.

Coach Adam Simpson was initially optimistic it was little more than a rolled ankle.

But Ah Chee was on crutches as West Coast trained at Subiaco Oval yesterday and it is understood club officials are sweating on results of scans today.

https://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/w...nkle-injury-worse-than-expected-ng-b88759136z

West Coast Eagles recruit Brendon Ah Chee’s ankle injury worse than expected

West Coast recruit Brendon Ah Chee is in doubt for the club’s historic round one clash with Sydney at Optus Stadium amid concerns his ankle injury may be worse than first thought.

Ah Chee’s setback came in his first match for the Eagles against his former club Port Adelaide at Leederville Oval on Sunday.

Coach Adam Simpson was initially optimistic it was little more than a rolled ankle.

But Ah Chee was on crutches as West Coast trained at Subiaco Oval yesterday and it is understood club officials are sweating on results of scans today.

https://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/w...nkle-injury-worse-than-expected-ng-b88759136z
Poor bugger. Hope he's back on the field quickly.

Still have a big soft spot for Arch, hope he smashes it.

I would like West Coast to maximise his hand ball weapon.

Like Russell Ebert discussed about Phillips hand ball, I can see why Brendon’s can’t be used.

It’s big, it’s accurate, he could clear a stoppage to an outlier 30 metres away consistently.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ah Chee's career was the longest tease. It was around 4 seasons in the SANFL playing league footy where you'd see glimpses and think 'best kept secret' in how he'd play.

Still 10 years in the system is a long career and is still difficult to do.
Played some decent footy at times never nailed it though, his brother has been pretty underwhelming for all his pre-draft hype as well.

His 2017 SANFL GF performance was great. His efforts almost won us the game. Great last match for the club.

50 port games originally I think. Then like a good Excell operator you shifted the numbers. I mean. Not like I’m keeping tabs on ya

Remove this Banner Ad

Back