Player Watch #7: Jack Viney (VC)

Remove this Banner Ad

Touch wood but he seems as fit and injury free as he has been in years. If others can play their roles in keeping the ball moving with more speed, he’s a big weapon in the centre that most teams don’t have available. He’s the kind of player that the commentary doesn’t refer to that often, but I’m willing to bet that when an opposition player is matched up on Viney they inwardly groan and say “not this prick again”.

That goal was beyond amazing.

The only other player I've ever seen with that level of intensity was Paul Kelly of the Swans.

Went at 39% disposal efficiency against the Blues. Yuck.

Still had the right effort and intensity about him, as always.

Hopefully he's not off his game too much with the Oliver inclusion. Need to get Trac up forward for the bulk of the game if we're running with Oliver and Viney at the coalface.

When he walked into the club they talked about him changing the culture on his own with his drive and competitiveness.

Definitely rustled some feathers early days but to be honest they probably needed to be rustled. Club is better off for him and I'm sure he's molded the club a little bit in his image.

Have always admired his ability to improve himself. Playing career best footy really.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

200 games this week. Honestly feel we underrate this guy sometimes, there’s no harder worker at the club. Has continually improved himself bit by bit, and his ‘follow me boys’ leadership is outstanding.

Share your favourite Jack moments below, there’s a bunch but this is the first one that comes to mind.

4 week ban

But yeah that was a ripper tackle, didn't he stand up in first pre season and call out a bunch of blokes?

I remember he knocked out 3/4 blokes in his first couple years just going for the footy and they had to teach him how to play different.

Probably should have played rugby with his toughness would have been a hell of a winger if he was a little taller.

Playing like he did vs Geelong in the elimination final coming off his foot injury probably my favourite moment. Couple of photos of him with Selwood that always made me smile and sum Vines up nicely...
af6450abdd2357ef29845c5b749f26a5
CIAc5OmWIAAmOKB.jpg

A favourite moment of mine - Viney putting that flog Rance in his place.

I still get tilted by the commentators rushing to Rance's defence.
  • "That's just a man that's frustrated"
  • "He's tried his heart out"
  • "Most uncharacteristic"
  • "Gee that's uncharacteristic"
  • "Pure frustration from a man that gives everything"
🤮

Remove this Banner Ad

Back