Play Nice 46th President of the United States: Joe Biden 2: Incidit in scyllam cupiens vitare charybdim

Remove this Banner Ad

It was quite amusing watching the Senate last night where House Republicans submitted Impeachment papers on Mayorka.

Schumer really snookered them, made a point of order as to it being not up to the standard of impeachment. Offered the Republicans two and a half hours to debate on the floor. R did not accept.

Then R asked for time to debate in private and Schumer just said no, they were offered time to debate in the chamber. Every motion the R's put up failed on party lines except one where the Alaska Senator abstained (48/51).

The laughable moment was when McConnell said that breaking of precedent (in allowing private debate) will be remembered by history. Just like he remembered the precedent of not appointing SC judges in an election year.

Good one Mitch, I am sure you will be remembered.

It was quite amusing watching the Senate last night where House Republicans submitted Impeachment papers on Mayorka.

Schumer really snookered them, made a point of order as to it being not up to the standard of impeachment. Offered the Republicans two and a half hours to debate on the floor. R did not accept.

Then R asked for time to debate in private and Schumer just said no, they were offered time to debate in the chamber. Every motion the R's put up failed on party lines except one where the Alaska Senator abstained (48/51).

The laughable moment was when McConnell said that breaking of precedent (in allowing private debate) will be remembered by history. Just like he remembered the precedent of not appointing SC judges in an election year.

Good one Mitch, I am sure you will be remembered.
lol, they're still trying to impeach that guy?

lol, they're still trying to impeach that guy?
Not anymore, it was a shambles. Republicans playing to their supporters.

It was over the word 'control'. Mayorka said they had it under control and another witness stated they didn't so the second part of the impeachment was that Mayorka lied to Congress. IMPEACH!

Biden is in real trouble with their stand on Israel and now the US vetoing Palestine membership to UN, will not go down well with voters.

I know this is a line that has been pushed for a while, and whilst I agree that his Israel stance is atrocious, most people who reach the same conclusion are also of enough intelligence to conclude that not voting for Biden is an even worse outcome.

In other words, I can't see a significant block deciding "I'm going to punish Biden for this by voting for Trump (or not voting at all)". They join the dots and realise Trump is at least as bad on this very issue, and infinitely worse on most others.

And no, RFK Jr as not an option as that's just a proxy vote for Trump.

He is, like with most aspects of his presidency, several decades too late.

Couldn't help yourself, could you? I know you always excitedly post anything that casts Biden in a negative light, and this is a genuine bad moment. But it stands on its own, so why the need to throw in the hyperbole of "most aspects of his presidency"?

I think you'd be pressed to name even one or two aspects of his presidency that are "several decades too late". For example, his failure to give billionaires tax cuts is only about 5 years too late, based on the last time they were given.

I know this is a line that has been pushed for a while, and whilst I agree that his Israel stance is atrocious, most people who reach the same conclusion are also of enough intelligence to conclude that not voting for Biden is an even worse outcome.

In other words, I can't see a significant block deciding "I'm going to punish Biden for this by voting for Trump (or not voting at all)". They join the dots and realise Trump is at least as bad on this very issue, and infinitely worse on most others.

They may exercise the option of not voting though which hurts Biden as trump supporters are more engaged (and probably have votes facilitated- easier access, less queue in rural and suburban vs urban - let alone what I believe to be trump mass manufacturing of votes)

They won't vote Trump instead true, but I'm less confident than you a lot of them won't just stay home (or just stay at work lol - how they're still holding elections on a Tuesday is mind boggling).

Last edited:
They won't vote Trump instead true, but I'm less confident than you a lot of them won't just stay home (or just stay at work lol - how they're still holding elections on a Tuesday is mind boggling).
The latter is answered by:

Republicans
Manchin
Sinema

Would have been a national holiday otherwise, with voting rights legislation they blocked.

The latter is answered by:

Republicans
Manchin
Sinema

Would have been a national holiday otherwise, with voting rights legislation they blocked.
Always amazed that Democrats never go hard on this, continually talk it up and make it an issue.

Seeing Republicans try to argue rationale for it remaining as is with a straight face would be hilarious.

No wonder countries are bombing each other when the free world is led by a cognitive mess who can’t go anywhere without a script

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No wonder countries are bombing each other when the free world is led by a cognitive mess who can’t go anywhere without a script

True, he would never IDK... randomly turn up at say a fast food joint, offer to buy random customers food, triggering scenes of spontaneous joy from patrons.

Old joes not interested in democracy anymore

And just makes stuff up about his family

Last edited:
It's not a great choice for Americans, I know of some who will vote for Biden purely to keep Trump out, which goes to show how low the bar is Democrats need to clear.

They should probably flick him off as soon as possible. A decent candidate might get them over the line.

Couldn't help yourself, could you? I know you always excitedly post anything that casts Biden in a negative light, and this is a genuine bad moment. But it stands on its own, so why the need to throw in the hyperbole of "most aspects of his presidency"?

I think you'd be pressed to name even one or two aspects of his presidency that are "several decades too late". For example, his failure to give billionaires tax cuts is only about 5 years too late, based on the last time they were given.

He's arguably, aside the lunatic Fetterman, the most stridently pro-Israel Democrat to be anywhere close to a level of seniority in the party (as Senator in the 1980s, he was critical of Reagan for not being adequately supportive of them). He's not the right person to be in charge with Israel committing mass murder.

His support of abortion rights, in a time of them being under the most severe attack in half a century, is nowhere near as ambitious as it needs to be. He's taken some steps, and I don't want to discount that, but it's nowhere near as much as public will could allow him to be, and paired with his lukewarm rhetoric and history of opposing it, speaks to him not being the champion needed right now.

He's opposed to free, universal healthcare at a time where it is overwhelmingly supported. In 2020, during the debates and the early stages of Covid, he pointed out Italy struggling with the pandemic and linked that to their universal health care. It's a setback to this being achieved that someone so opposed is President when support for it is so significant.

The Senator who wrote the Crimes Bill, advocated for severe penalties for people who go to and host raves in the 2000s sacked all his staffers who'd (stupidly) admitted to having smoked marijuana, despite it being legal in several states, is President at a time when drug decriminalisation and legality is further along than it's been in living memory.

He is a relic of the New Democrat neoliberals. It's not what's needed, it's not what's wanted. It's hard to imagine a once-defeated former President, one of the most unpopular in history and currently facing 91 felony charges, could have a fighting chance to win an election. There are complexities to it, but in light of the fact that Biden lags in polling behind Democrats in numerous key states' Senate races, it also speaks to what a woeful candidate Biden is (especially if one believes the defeat of Trump is as existentially important as most of us say it is). He's the wrong President for this time.

He's arguably, aside the lunatic Fetterman, the most stridently pro-Israel Democrat to be anywhere close to a level of seniority in the party (as Senator in the 1980s, he was critical of Reagan for not being adequately supportive of them). He's not the right person to be in charge with Israel committing mass murder.

His support of abortion rights, in a time of them being under the most severe attack in half a century, is nowhere near as ambitious as it needs to be. He's taken some steps, and I don't want to discount that, but it's nowhere near as much as public will could allow him to be, and paired with his lukewarm rhetoric and history of opposing it, speaks to him not being the champion needed right now.

He's opposed to free, universal healthcare at a time where it is overwhelmingly supported. In 2020, during the debates and the early stages of Covid, he pointed out Italy struggling with the pandemic and linked that to their universal health care. It's a setback to this being achieved that someone so opposed is President when support for it is so significant.

The Senator who wrote the Crimes Bill, advocated for severe penalties for people who go to and host raves in the 2000s sacked all his staffers who'd (stupidly) admitted to having smoked marijuana, despite it being legal in several states, is President at a time when drug decriminalisation and legality is further along than it's been in living memory.

He is a relic of the New Democrat neoliberals. It's not what's needed, it's not what's wanted. It's hard to imagine a once-defeated former President, one of the most unpopular in history and currently facing 91 felony charges, could have a fighting chance to win an election. There are complexities to it, but in light of the fact that Biden lags in polling behind Democrats in numerous key states' Senate races, it also speaks to what a woeful candidate Biden is (especially if one believes the defeat of Trump is as existentially important as most of us say it is). He's the wrong President for this time.

Most, if not all, of that relates to before he was president. So, we can both agree that it was inaccurate hyperbole to label "most aspects of his presidency ... several decades too late", no?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back