Play Nice 46th President of the United States: Joe Biden 2: Incidit in scyllam cupiens vitare charybdim

Remove this Banner Ad

So Biden should change course to gain votes, not because it's the right thing to do?
I didn't say that. I'm just commenting on the politics involved. In that world, what is right and not right can be fluid. He has a lot of pressure from the Jewish lobby which is massive in the States. I think there are negotiations ongoing between several parties both between Israel and the US, and within the US. Horrific s**t is happening unfortunately. But it often happens in this world, and often in the ME.

I didn't say that. I'm just commenting on the politics involved. In that world, what is right and not right can be fluid. He has a lot of pressure from the Jewish lobby which is massive in the States. I think there are negotiations ongoing between several parties both between Israel and the US, and within the US. Horrific s**t is happening unfortunately. But it often happens in this world, and often in the ME.
Biden is establishment. The US political establishment have been backing Israel for decades.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They're both right wing, and you chose to criticise one of them.
There's a considerable difference between being pro-Trump and having criticisms of Biden. That people like to conflate the two positions does not make them the same thing or equivalent. It's also not fair to attempt to shut down or silence a perspective because you want to put that perspective in a box, which is what you're doing here.

Let's take a bit of a breath before posting in this vein any further, hmm?

I agree mostly, but the election is still many months away. I suspect the political calculation is there is time to change course and regain some of those disgruntled voters.
I'm sure that is the calculation, its just an unbelievably risky needle to thread if this election is actually as important as he keeps telling everyone.

Last edited:
Biden is establishment. The US political establishment have been backing Israel for decades.
Trump is no different. His take on it when asked the other week, after a bit of obfuscation and "it wouldn't have happened in the first place if I was prez", was "you have to finish the problem" - which is basically keep doing what you're doing Israel.

There's a considerable difference between being pro-Trump and having criticisms of Biden. That people like to conflate the two positions does not make them the same thing or equivalent. It's also not fair to attempt to shut down or silence a perspective because you want to put that perspective in a box, which is what you're doing here.

Let's take a bit of a breath before posting in this vein any further, hmm?

Sure, but I took into account the poster's body of work, not just the post I responded to.

Biden completely shitting the bed here. Still mind blowing to me that he refuses to budge on this and try to reign Israel in, absolutely hemorrhaging votes with young people and Arab Americans (not least of which the 200k Arab Americans in Michigan, a state he needs to win). AIPAC must be contributing absolute squillions.

He keeps telling everyone how monumentally important and existential this election is - maybe start acting like it at some stage? :drunk:

Well he has got more money from Israel lobbies than any politician ever, must really like that cash.

Guess the WH had an eye on the black vote so best to keep a straight bat on the still touchy subject.

BTW what has Trump said about this or like his new darker face dye, he has his eye on the black vote as well?

On SM-A426B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Surely black America doesn’t see OJ as one of them, I know it’s kinda how he was found not guilty after the Rodney king BS, but it’s pretty unanimous everyone things OK was a murderous POS.

Guess the WH had an eye on the black vote so best to keep a straight bat on the still touchy subject.

BTW what has Trump said about this or like his new darker face dye, he has his eye on the black vote as well?

On SM-A426B using BigFooty.com mobile app

9cf49be3e22233e2b153bfa69ab6657f.jpg

You realise he’s always been left leaning don’t you?
I think music probably brings out more self doubt than anything else for the average MAGA enthusiast. The idea that Born in USA or Rockin' in the Free World are a little more complex than than their title's suggest confuses them enormously.

Surely black America doesn’t see OJ as one of them, I know it’s kinda how he was found not guilty after the Rodney king BS, but it’s pretty unanimous everyone things OK was a murderous POS.
This was highlighted in one doco I saw

OJ was always seen as corporate - never involved himself in politics or protests etc - didnt want to upset the white corporates

And thats fair for his bank balance

Remove this Banner Ad

Back