List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Is our list stronger than what it was last season? :stern look

Significatly stronger in 2024 as we are now addressing the key defensive holes and 2nd key fwd hole.

Need to work on 2nd ruck, but bignoa might eventually become a decent 2nd ruck with his agility and jump.

2025/26, we need to address the other key fwd issue.

Last edited:

Significatly strong as we are now address the key defensive holes and 2nd key fwd hole.

Need to work on 2nd ruck, but bignoa might eventually become a decent 2nd ruck with his agility and jump.
Cocaine is a hell of a drug. :stern look

Is our list stronger than what it was last season? :stern look
answer isn’t straight forward.

For the 2023 season nope.

into the future probably.

The concern is what we spent the priority picks we traded on looks like a wash.

Stephens and Fisher look soft and almost squeamish when in the presence of a football. Contract length, fear of contact, and playing Fisher back are all problems.

I do think the need to trade those pick devalued them coupled with, who in their right mind would want to play for the shitshow we’ve been, lessening what we could get.

If Kerch, Goad, Hardeman, WDawson, and Duursma all play 150 games then On the balance of it we probably did ok. This will be hard to see this year because at its core it is speculative.

I think Jack Payne is someone we should look to as a trade target I highly rate his lockdown defensive capabilities. I’d like us to throw our hat into the ring for Will Hayward free agent and great defensive forward that give everything plus is a free agent I believe. Unfortunately key forwards look thin JUH is the only one that looks like a forward worth throwing money at however I don’t think we are sexy enough for him.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

In terms of Key Position players, focus needs to be at the other end of the ground.

There's plenty to work with in the next 40 games with Comben/Dawson/Dawson/Logue/Biggie

We need a second KPF. We're screaming out for structure up front.

You throw a Mihocek into our forward line today - solid but no superstar - and we'd improve by 4 to 6 goals straight away.

Imagine Curtis, Duursma and Ford all causing headaches with opposition defences trying to deal with two genuine KPF's.

No pressure Tyler.

Last edited:
In terms of Key Position players, focus needs to be at the other end of the ground.

There's plenty to work with in the next 40 games with Comben/Dawson/Dawson/Logue/Biggie

You throw a Mihoceck into our forward line today - solid but no superstar - and we'd improve by 4 to 6 goals straight away.

Imagine Curtis, Duursma and Ford all causing headaches with opposition defences trying to deal with two genuine KPF's.

No pressure Tyler.

Yep. A solid KPD agent would be nice and all, but we really, really need a second KPF. It will unlock Larkey and all the other forwards, as you've said.

Yep. A solid KPD agent would be nice and all, but we really, really need a second KPF. It will unlock Larkey and all the other forwards, as you've said.
If we had a functioning midfield, Larkey might be able impact 1/5 contests playing against 2+ opponents.

At present, he is being starved up forward as we can’t get the ball reliably past the centre.

If we had another genuine marking threat, it would help our transition game kicking the ball forward, while releasing Larkey to actually compete.

We have been saying as much for 5 years though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

answer isn’t straight forward.

For the 2023 season nope.

into the future probably.

The concern is what we spent the priority picks we traded on looks like a wash.

Stephens and Fisher look soft and almost squeamish when in the presence of a football. Contract length, fear of contact, and playing Fisher back are all problems.

I do think the need to trade those pick devalued them coupled with, who in their right mind would want to play for the shitshow we’ve been, lessening what we could get.

If Kerch, Goad, Hardeman, WDawson, and Duursma all play 150 games then On the balance of it we probably did ok. This will be hard to see this year because at its core it is speculative.
The strength of a list takes into account future potential. No doubt our list now is stronger.

You throw a Mihocek into our forward line today - solid but no superstar - and we'd improve by 4 to 6 goals straight away.

No pressure Tyler.
Yeah we have a 2nd KPF. His name is Comben. But due to some very ordinary list management we are robbing Peter to pay Paul. :stern look

Comben looks potentially elite down back in a small sample size.

I guess we've got the option to rob ourselves of that and put him forward where he's looked serviceable.

Collingwood tried that with Moore and rightfully abandoned the idea quickly.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Sanders and Darcy .....maybe. LDU is vital to us, brings that burst and line breaking all clubs need. Clean up disposal and he becomes walk up All Australian.
I think you’re overvaluing LDU worth.

Honestly, I would take that deal and run, in one trade we would’ve solved the second forward issue and have the pick of three drafts of midfielders.

I think you’re overvaluing LDU worth.

Honestly, I would take that deal and run, in one trade we would’ve solved the second forward issue and have the pick of three drafts of midfielders.
Clean up the disposal a bit and LDU is one of the best in the comp and only reaching prime now. They wouldnt lose much short term and opens the window now for them. Want him then cough up.

Clean up the disposal a bit and LDU is one of the best in the comp and only reaching prime now. They wouldnt lose much short term and opens the window now for them. Want him then cough up.
LDU would certainly open up their window for a couple of years and the football public would finally get the answer to the if Clarkson coached the inaugural gws type list, what would happen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back