List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

In terms of Key Position players, focus needs to be at the other end of the ground.

There's plenty to work with in the next 40 games with Comben/Dawson/Dawson/Logue/Biggie

We need a second KPF. We're screaming out for structure up front.

You throw a Mihocek into our forward line today - solid but no superstar - and we'd improve by 4 to 6 goals straight away.

Imagine Curtis, Duursma and Ford all causing headaches with opposition defences trying to deal with two genuine KPF's.

No pressure Tyler.
I've always liked Mihocek. Really solid citizen type of a player, works incredibly hard, and needs an accountable defender. Would be a great foil for Larkey.

The concern is what we spent the priority picks we traded on looks like a wash.

Stephens and Fisher look soft and almost squeamish when in the presence of a football. Contract length, fear of contact, and playing Fisher back are all problems.

Just on that mate, we got picks back , we actually slide a few places. The blardy Swans fans love to think they got next years pick 19. And I'm ok with Fisher and think he will be fine. Stephens I have my doubts, but will hold the line for now.

1713596023777.png

1713596135970.png

Folklore will tell you this is like CCJ, which that trade also delivered us Curtis & Bergman.
So not actually sure who we got with 17 or what 17 became

Not if he wants a game

His best bet and most cat b’s are with us at the moment

Easier team to break into and more chance we give players on the list a go
I know because that hampered Geelong when Bruhn and Bowes chose to play with them over us. Or Henry choosing Geelong to "be closer to his brother" :think:

It also stopped Mark O'Connor going with Geelong over us (he had a trial with 5 AFL clubs - both teams were very interested).

Cat B rookies can just look at our track records:

• North: McGuinness - 0 games despite being a KPD for a team that was forced to use Bonar on Harry McKay 2 years in a row. Could count Wallace too I guess (0 games)

• Geelong: O'Connor (114 games), Okunbor (0 games), Tsapatolis (0 games - still on the list), Mullin (8 games - still on the list)

General consensus would be that Geelong is more likely to give players a go and have a better track record of development. And history says they would be correct. If I'm a cat B rookie I know I'd choose Geelong. Up to us to change that perception.

He would be perfect.

Just out of interest, how would Sanders stack up to this year’s likely top ten?
That's a tough question in April FSS, so much to play out, but right now I would have him at pick 1 for a lot of reasons even though there are a zillion Josh Smillie fans, and yes he is good and has plenty of upside still to come but Riley would be my number 1 pick as in "April"!

I see Scrimshaw is in his last year, believe he had a good relationship with al clarko.
I could see him being of interest to us.

Clarko was in his ear last year.

The wheels are in motion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's a tough question in April FSS, so much to play out, but right now I would have him at pick 1 for a lot of reasons even though there are a zillion Josh Smillie fans, and yes he is good and has plenty of upside still to come but Riley would be my number 1 pick as in "April"!
Strange because so many were saying we should avoid mids last year because the top 5-6 mids in this years draft were all better.

Isn't Scrimshaw Sr right up in the hawks illuminati? Why on earth would he come to north?

Digressing somewhat..bargain:

Former top 10 draft pick Jack Scrimshaw has been traded to Hawthorn.

Scrimshaw will move to the Hawks alongside the Suns' 2019 fourth-round pick.

In return, Hawthorn will give up their 2019 third round pick.

Digressing somewhat..bargain:

Former top 10 draft pick Jack Scrimshaw has been traded to Hawthorn.

Scrimshaw will move to the Hawks alongside the Suns' 2019 fourth-round pick.

In return, Hawthorn will give up their 2019 third round pick.
Hawthorn and Geelong deals with expansion clubs would have them handcuffed by ASIC in the real world.

answer isn’t straight forward.

For the 2023 season nope.

into the future probably.

The concern is what we spent the priority picks we traded on looks like a wash.

Stephens and Fisher look soft and almost squeamish when in the presence of a football. Contract length, fear of contact, and playing Fisher back are all problems.

I do think the need to trade those pick devalued them coupled with, who in their right mind would want to play for the shitshow we’ve been, lessening what we could get.

If Kerch, Goad, Hardeman, WDawson, and Duursma all play 150 games then On the balance of it we probably did ok. This will be hard to see this year because at its core it is speculative.

Our problem is easy to solve in that we just need to pump 60 games into everyone on that list. If in 2020 we see the current list, we would nod in approval. But of course, we are at the start of the build in that we finally got the list together, now it's just about getting this list to play 60 games together to start things off. Simple.

Next, this is where the strength, condition comes in, we need to add some to the frame of all players.

It took us 3 years to get the list we want by the start of 2024. Journey has just started.

A lot comments here once again allude to shortcut.

There is no shortcut, The Golden Path would require true believers to endure the hardships.

No trade for picks, no free agency splurge. Just get 60 games to 80% of the playeres on that sunday list would take us into a top 4.

Then of course, Sheezal get into his prime and if we are lucky, we get an all-time GOAT and then we get a few other superstars peaking at the same time then we have a dynasty going.

For once, we are started on the right foot.

Our problem is easy to solve in that we just need to pump 60 games into everyone on that list. If in 2020 we see the current list, we would nod in approval. But of course, we are at the start of the build in that we finally got the list together, now it's just about getting this list to play 60 games together to start things off. Simple.

Next, this is where the strength, condition comes in, we need to add some to the frame of all players.

It took us 3 years to get the list we want by the start of 2024. Journey has just started.
Chasing the Dragon again there Radical? :stern look

Remove this Banner Ad

Back