Preview 2024 Rd 10 Carlton v Sydney Friday 17th May 7:40PM AEST @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in …

IN:
Jack Carroll, Orazio Fantasia, Caleb Marchbank, Zac Williams
OUT: Adam Cerra (hamstring), Matthew Cottrell (foot), Jack Martin (calf), Lachie Cowan

Round 10 team v Sydney
Backs:Brodie KempJacob WeiteringAlex Cincotta
Half-backs:Caleb MarchbankMitch McGovernNic Newman
Centreline:Zac WilliamsPatrick CrippsBlake Acres
Half-forwards:Ollie HollandsTom De KoningElijah Hollands
Forwards:Harry McKayCharlie CurnowMatthew Owies
Followers:Marc PittonetSam WalshMatthew Kennedy
Interchange:Jordan BoydJack CarrollOrazio Fantasia
Corey DurdinGeorge Hewett
Emergencies:Lachlan CowanJaxon BinnsLewis Young

I haven't got a vomit reaction, so I had to give you an angry one. I didn't want to, but BT makes my skin crawl. So, as all my exes would say... it's not you, it's me.

Wouldn't 3 fantasia goals be worth a little skin crawling?

But having said that I wouldn't be spending too much time pondering this possibility sadly. :rolleyes:

Oh I dont have a view on Binns at all mate - I literally responded to you what I was thinking would be the way to answer the question - given it is unlikely that teh CLub will ever say anything specific about a player's KPI's to the general public.

Onhere I have noticed a lot of people calling for his inclusion base don his disposal numbers / possessions.....all good but it always boils down to who does he replace and why?

It seems he is on the list as a wingman - so going by the Voss 'next man up' and like for like replacement preferences - he will need to replace one of Acres or Ollie Hollands to get a wing slot - or as a rotation be better value than one of the two mids on the bench.

Injury aside- I cant see him replacing Acres who is one of our better and more reliable performers week to week - so Olliw Hollands is next- - hence my questions - is his disposal better and is his one on one tackling better - assuming he can run as well as Ollie.

I'm guessing that the MC dont see him as being ready just like they dont see Moir as being ready - the latter is more interest to me as far as development goes- because we need a Martin replacement with factor X.

All good, I just saw a run down from Bamboo so can see why he may not be getting a game. And yes I would only have him replace Hollands at this point, not play funny buggers with forward or mid roles.

I think from what I've read that Moir's lack of a tank could be the main reason.

Wouldn't 3 fantasia goals be worth a little skin crawling?

But having said that I wouldn't be spending too much time pondering this possibility sadly. :rolleyes:
Be very nice to see him kick a couple. Going back to the vfl and getting his hands on the ball 23 times might be just the tonic he needs to get going.
(Hopefully)🙏

My Take. Hope we line up like this:

B: Cincotta Weitering McGovern
HB: Boyd Kemp Newman
C: Acres Cripps Ollie
HF: Elijah McKay Williams
F: Curnow TDK Owies
Foll: Pittonet Kennedy Walsh
Int: Marchbank Hewett Durdin Fantasia
Sub: Carroll

Cincotta on Papley
Kemp on Hayward
Williams HF/Wing
Three small needs to harrass and get to every contest
Our talls should stretch Swans
Their midfield is their strength. We need to deny them the ball
Win contested ball and lower eyes inside 50 and we WIN. Our forwards should dominate their weak defence

Any side with quality of Cripps Walsh Weitering Charlie & McKay can beat ANYONE

Blues EASILY by 7 points :cool:

Last edited:
No my reply is directly related to your post.

Making the point that irrespective of Charles and Harry having lean times recently & v Swans - we’ve still managed to handle ourselves this year so far and when last we played the Swans.

We are not as H&C-centric as many here and media would have you believe.
Me and the other guy were purely talking about why H & C have been well held.

I agree with your point that we can find other ways to win, but it's unrelated to what we were discussing. You made a good point, it's just that it wasn't about the same thing.

Greatly appreciate your weekly tables ODN. However, is there any chance of reverting back to multiple tables for each individual stat - makes for easier reading.

I added some stats this week. I can also do the same 3 I usually do, but I didn't think they were that popular. I was wondering how popular they were as there isn't much feedback.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Greatly appreciate your weekly tables ODN. However, is there any chance of reverting back to multiple tables for each individual stat - makes for easier reading.

Blues v Swans by Age.png

Blues v Swans by Games.png

Blues v Swans by Height.png

Last edited:
All good, I just saw a run down from Bamboo so can see why he may not be getting a game. And yes I would only have him replace Hollands at this point, not play funny buggers with forward or mid roles.
I'm keen to see Binns get a full game, even on the bench, but not this week in Sydney.

Cotters will be missing for some time, if Oli's 4 quarter impact remains low then VFLhim, give Binns(very similar body size to Hollands) a couple of full games and 'manage' some mids after the bye.

It's the only way to prove any poster, right or wrong.

As much as I’d like to see Harry and Charlie both tear the game apart tonight, I’d really rather see a good spread of goal kickers from all our forwards and midfielders as well, Harry & Charlie 3/4 each with multiple goal scorers from forwards and a contrition from our midfield…

Massive challenge, must bring the heat for the entire game, contested footy, take advantage of our entries and scoring opportunities…
Go Baggers 👍

I added some stats this week. I can also do the same 3 I usually do, but I didn't think they were that popular. I was wondering how popular they were as there isn't much feedback.
I love taking a glance and comparing the teams' age/height/games played side by side + the average.
I'm on the look out for your post every week :)

Love me some excel tables.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back