26. Tampa Bay
27. Arizona [Via Houston]
28. Buffalo
29. Detroit
30. Baltimore
31. San Francisco
32. Kansas City

Last edited by a moderator:
half the time when a team picking mid round is "talking" to a higher pick about a QB they actually never have interest. its the same around trade deadline.

With the trade deadline Green Bay always are a team "interested" but its normally BS and the Packers dont care.

Seems we are keen on him, I watched his tape and I have to say I don't know why, looks like a day 3 pick to me but maybe I'm missing something. Prototypical DE in a 3-4 , seems more an edge setter.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For the right offer anything is possible thier is no grudge when teams overpay in trades.
Still think cardinals is the spot to trade for anyways they show last year they are happy to trade down then back up for their guy.

Very interesting article that is.

In short....

1) all players bar DTs and OL are getting lighter and faster over the years. WRs and LBs most notably are getting lighter and faster (deployed into coverage).

2) QBs are holding onto the ball longer and throwing shorter more often over the years. A guy like Caleb Williams would've struggled to suit an older NFL, but the increased rate of off-platform throws and matriculating upfield with short completions against heavy zone defense is an increasing trend.

4) Offenses are using more shifts/motions increasingly due to the Shanahan Effect. A guy like Malik Nabers will feasibly put up Tyreek Hill-like numbers, as he excelled in college on yards from shifts/motions.

Very interesting article that is.

In short....

1) all players bar DTs and OL are getting lighter and faster over the years. WRs and LBs most notably are getting lighter and faster (deployed into coverage).

2) QBs are holding onto the ball longer and throwing shorter more often over the years. A guy like Caleb Williams would've struggled to suit an older NFL, but the increased rate of off-platform throws and matriculating upfield with short completions against heavy zone defense is an increasing trend.

4) Offenses are using more shifts/motions increasingly due to the Shanahan Effect. A guy like Malik Nabers will feasibly put up Tyreek Hill-like numbers, as he excelled in college on yards from shifts/motions.

Wide receivers are developing greater long speed...meanwhile qbs are throwing th ball 5 yards past the line of scrimmage.

Watching Daniels tape on the NFL draft show right now on ESPN he looks so good and the Skins are already putting the pieces of the puzzle around him for early success. If Maye goes to the Bears which is a QB graveyard Daniels will kill him regarding on field success and it reminds me of Young and CJ Stroud last season.

Maye is going to be Bryce Young MkII in Chicago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back