NFL 2023 - Pre-Draft Discussion and Mock Drafts

Remove this Banner Ad

Will Levis now favoured over Stroud at the #2 pick for the Texans also. Its been a real fall from grace these past 3 or 4 weeks from CJ, he must not interviewed well at all, I cant remember the name of the test but it tests your decision making skills under pressure, a lot of talk he didnt do well on that test also, Young apparently aced it and that is the reason the Panthers went his way after all indications pointed to Stroud earlier.

Thing with Stroud last two years is he has awesome weapons to throw too in Garrett Wilson, Olave, JSN, Marvin Harrison jr, Emeka Egbuka all first round Wrs. That’s a lot of weapons to succeed with throw in good oline can see why Stroud when has clean pocket his awesome but when it’s not so clean he can struggle. Throw in hard to coach I can see why other qbs are passing him.

This off season feels like it's taking longer than it takes Peter King to get to the point, but I'm loving how up in the air the top 4 are feeling now.

Of course, it may be all smoke and mirrors and end up going much to the original plan, but I hope it's a real curveball draft.

Over to you Texans to go someone other then CJ and let the Cardinals get bombarded with offers.

Last edited:
This off season feels like it's taking longer than it takes Peter King to get to the point, but I'm loving how up in the air the top 4 are feeling now.

Of course, it may be all smoke and mirrors and end up going much to the original plan, but I hope it's a real curveball draft.

Over to you Texans to go someone other then CJ and let the Cardinals get bombarded with offers.

Excellent PK analogy 😂

It's starting to feel like there won't be anywhere near the amount of QBs go in the top 5 as earlier thought. Wouldnt even surprise me if it's just Young at this point (surely the Colts take one though? Surely?)

Stroud was meeting with the Falcons I saw, so perhaps some expectations that they could trade up for him or that he could even still be there at #8.

The Texans and Colts is a really interesting spot, if Texans dont want to take a QB at #2 are they worried about the Colts (being in their division) getting a QB so they trade their pick to someone who will take one, or do just pick a defensive player and let one fall to the Colts, backing in their scouting and thinking the Colts are making a mistake taking one at #4.

Excellent PK analogy 😂

It's starting to feel like there won't be anywhere near the amount of QBs go in the top 5 as earlier thought. Wouldnt even surprise me if it's just Young at this point (surely the Colts take one though? Surely?)

Yeah, Colts would surely, previously you would have said if CJ lasts to 4 it would be automatic, but Richardson now would seem just as likely, if not more due to the ridiculous potential upside.

People even talking about how CJ having the same agent as The Predator as another reason that the Texans might not want to draft him :sweatsmile:

Have been hearing that there is some hesitation around Stroud also coz his manager is the same as Watson and Jalen Ramsey. Sounds like some teams just see him as a pain in the ass, coaching wise and for negotiating contracts.

Edit: Jesus beat me to it.

Teams will still keep drafting "pro-ready" QBs in the 1st. Because no QB no shot at SB. I reckon GMs have slowly learned not to waste picks on projects. Niners on Lance, big blunder, saw the following draft Willis etc go 3rd/4th round. Only Pickett (pro-ready) went 1st. Reckon we'll see this again this draft.

Especially too with Purdy's rise from Mr Irrelevant.

Stroud and Young 1st, maybe Levis and Richardson 3rd.

Then again we still get desperate GMs/owners.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, Colts would surely, previously you would have said if CJ lasts to 4 it would be automatic, but Richardson now would seem just as likely, if not more due to the ridiculous potential upside.

People even talking about how CJ having the same agent as The Predator as another reason that the Texans might not want to draft him :sweatsmile:

There has been some buzz that Richo might not even be a top 20 pick. Levis the one people thinking could go before Stroud.

I think there are too many QB needy teams in the 10-20 range for that to happen personally but you never know what the NFL thinks, like GG said, see Willis last year. Slid a mile lower than anyone thought he'd go pre draft.

There has been some buzz that Richo might not even be a top 20 pick. Levis the one people thinking could go before Stroud.

I think there are too many QB needy teams in the 10-20 range for that to happen personally but you never know what the NFL thinks, like GG said, see Willis last year. Slid a mile lower than anyone thought he'd go pre draft.

I did hear for the first time this morning someone say Levis at 2 :openmouth:

Do think DeMeco would be more than happy to go top D prospect, maybe they really kick the tires on the Trey rumours if he was a fan?

Cardinals a good chance to trade back regardless of what happens surely?

That roster is garbage, especially without Kyler for a stretch and Nuk likely traded. Need a lot more than whatever you take a 3 and then still odds on to be 1 or 2 next year.

Options around trading FaZe Murray for a package if he returns well etc. all open up.

Cardinals a good chance to trade back regardless of what happens surely?

That roster is garbage, especially without Kyler for a stretch and Nuk likely traded. Need a lot more than whatever you take a 3 and then still odds on to be 1 or 2 next year.

Options around trading FaZe Murray for a package if he returns well etc. all open up.

If the Texans traded back or there might not be anyone interested

I did hear for the first time this morning someone say Levis at 2 :openmouth:

Do think DeMeco would be more than happy to go top D prospect, maybe they really kick the tires on the Trey rumours if he was a fan?
I dont feel like there is a market for Lance, at least not one the 9ers would entertain.

I dont feel like there is a market for Lance, at least not one the 9ers would entertain.

Agree ....... Given that Lynch was asking for two seconds for Jimmy G, what would he be asking for Lance to try and save some face because he sold the farm for a "sparkly new play thing" that when he bought it, hadn't really been put to the test, but he was besotted with it.

Bough himself a car with flashy mud flaps, shiny tail fins and a car horn that honks Yankee Doddle Dandy ......... pity about the close inspection of the mechanics and the motor on the new set of wheels.

Last edited:
The Texans and Colts is a really interesting spot, if Texans dont want to take a QB at #2 are they worried about the Colts (being in their division) getting a QB so they trade their pick to someone who will take one, or do just pick a defensive player and let one fall to the Colts, backing in their scouting and thinking the Colts are making a mistake taking one at #4.

Should just back your recruiting team, folly to get cute and second guess your opposition.
Trade it if the sum of the draft capital parts nets you a good advantage, but don't trade it just to prevent player x being drafted by someone else on your division.

Good teams back themselves.

Lance Zierlein has been mentioning that for a couple of months - I was surprised that it is apparently now a talking point

Remove this Banner Ad

Back