Vet extensions - each 3 years please:
Zach Allen
Reed Blankenship
Javon Hargrave

Vet exclusive tag - 1 year please:

Tag
Jadevon Clowney - 2nd round

Auction starts May 1st, 12am (ET, USA)

Which translates to about 4pm May 2nd AEST.

Franchise owners can now trade and release players from their roster.

All players available in the auction have a 1 yr contract. Once they're won, then they can receive a 3-5 yr contract.

Cutting a player from now on for the rest of the season results in a dead cap hit....20% of salary multiplied by years left on contract.

So if you cut a guy on $1m with a 1 yr contract....you'd get a dead cap hit of $200k (you'd free up $800k cap space)

If you cut a player prior or during auction, he will become available in the auction, but his contract years will remain as is. Once won, thus receiving a new 3-5 yr contract, then his salary will change.

All bid dollars used in the auction stem from your available cap space. So be mindful of your spending.

DO NOT place bids on your own franchise tagged players....but also....if you plan to bid on someone else's tagged player, make sure you have a draft pick equal to the draft grade of that player. If you don't, your bid will be deleted.

At the top of every page, including the auction page, is displayed the list of tagged players. So make sure you read the list before you make any bids on players. So you don't accidentally bid on a tagged player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Silver lining really. No $30m on a skill player
Yeah, there is one FT player I'd overbid heavily on if I had the funds but alas, the owner escapes my rath for this year.

Good start by me, I thought there was a confirmation of the bid and link to their stats page and salary before you bid for some reason. Wont happen again :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back