26. Tampa Bay
27. Arizona [Via Houston]
28. Buffalo
29. Detroit
30. Baltimore
31. San Francisco
32. Kansas City

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a whole lot of media on Brock Bowers as time passes. For a guy who was top 5/6 at the conclusion of the collegiate season, feels like his star has slipped somewhat

Tight end in the top 10 just isn't really worth it. Like safety's the value just isn't their. I like Bowers alot as prospect just can't see a reason for him to go in top 10.

Tight end in the top 10 just isn't really worth it. Like safety's the value just isn't their. I like Bowers alot as prospect just can't see a reason for him to go in top 10.
There are positions you dont waste prime picks on. TE, HB and ILB for me.

and with the new hip drop rules players will go low on big guys so it does become a bigger risk.

I'm doing a different mock draft this year.

I will be taking the actual 1st round draft results and doing a projected NFL career mock projection of the picks.

My request is, for any one with a favorite team at heart, could you tag me and let me know what would piss you off most if your team did this on draft day.

Cheers

Tight Ends also seem to have a hard time transitioning to the NFL, they're a hard one to evaluate, making first round picks on them even more risky as they're quite a high bust probability. The other thing is, contrary to most of the NFL, they very rarely make an immediate impact and do have a couple years of transitioning to the NFL before becoming productive. Their primes are really 26-32, with the absolute peak often being around the 30-32 mark, which is very rare for the NFL.

Too risky. Having said that, when you get a good one, they're surely worth a top 10 pick. In retrospect there's no way Gronk, Kelce, Kittle, Gates et al are not worthy of top 10 selection. Even then none of them were even first rounders, so you can find them late.

Ultimately, why waste a first round pick on one, let alone top 10? They'll take years to develop, evaluating how they'll transition for college to pro is hard and as a result the best are often found later on speculative picks.

Last edited:
There are positions you dont waste prime picks on. TE, HB and ILB for me.

and with the new hip drop rules players will go low on big guys so it does become a bigger risk.
It also depends if the TE is actually a decent receiver too, in like a Kelce mould where technically he is KC's top receiver in yards.

A TE that just plays a role mostly blocking and only catching the odd pass yeah they aren't worth anything more than 3rd of 4th round.

But Brock has proven himself to be quite adept at receiving so could very well be 1st round quality (obviously not top 10 though)

Tight Ends also seem to have a hard time transitioning to the NFL, they're a hard one to evaluate, making first round picks on them even more risky as they're quite a high bust probability. The other thing is, contrary to most of the NFL, they very rarely make an immediate impact and do have a couple years of transitioning to the NFL before becoming productive. Their primes are really 26-32, with the absolute peak often being around the 30-32 mark, which is very rare for the NFL.

Too risky. Having said that, when you get a good one, they're surely worth a top 10 pick. In retrospect there's no way Gronk, Kelce, Kittle, Gates et al are not worthy of top 10 selection. Hacing said that, none of them were even first rounders, so you can find them late.

So, ultimately, why waste a first round pick on one, let alone top 10? They'll take years to develop, evaluating how they'll transition for college to pro is hard and as a result the best are often found later on speculative picks.
I do wonder if TEU keeps going if that will further help the transition from College to NFL, having access to the likes of Kelce and Kittle and seemingly picking their brain about the role and standards at NFL level in this unique role.

I will be taking the actual 1st round draft results and doing a projected NFL career mock projection of the picks.

My request is, for any one with a favorite team at heart, could you tag me and let me know what would piss you off most if your team did this on draft day.

Cheers

If 49ers go any other position than OL I will be so pissed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cheers
The Vikings trade down with a team in their own Division and then take a safety and a cornerback with an injury history.

Hang on - I think they've already done that - #2022 draft

It was an interesting little tid bit to come out of the Diggs trade that Schefty mentioned it was the Texans who made the call to the Vikings first for the extra two's.

Overwhelming presumption was that it spoke to the Vikings desperation to trade up when the trade happened, not saying it changes anything completely, but maybe does temper thing's a little on that front depending on how the evals are going.

It was an interesting little tid bit to come out of the Diggs trade that Schefty mentioned it was the Texans who made the call to the Vikings first for the extra two's.

Overwhelming presumption was that it spoke to the Vikings desperation to trade up when the trade happened, not saying it changes anything completely, but maybe does temper thing's a little on that front depending on how the evals are going.
I really want Maye on the Vikings. But yeah, maybe they are happy with McCarthy or Penix and staying put. I'm starting to think there is no way McCarthy goes top 5 , it's all bullshit, maybe a team trades up on draft night to the Bears at 9 or Jets at 10 to get him but wouldn't be surprised if he's there at 11.

I really want Maye on the Vikings. But yeah, maybe they are happy with McCarthy or Penix and staying put. I'm starting to think there is no way McCarthy goes top 5 , it's all bullshit, maybe a team trades up on draft night to the Bears at 9 or Jets at 10 to get him but wouldn't be surprised if he's there at 11.

I would be happy with that, seems like an ideal sit for a year behind Ghostbuster.

But thing's on the trade up front do seem to be cooling off somewhat, and if the prices being asked are astronomical, I'm probably happy with that too.

It's very hard to get any reliable information now that we are fully into the "don't give away who we really like" part of draft season.

The other thing is that the desk top scouting and mock draft community is not a reliable source for anything - particularly QB evaluation. The best thing is a consensus board and even that will have complete misses within it because the desk top community have no access to medical and interview information like the teams do and there is a lot of group think amongst the desk top scouting community.

Will 4 QBs go in the top 5? - I have no idea. I think the under/over on number of QBs in the first round is 4.5 and I would bet the over if that was the case, but 5 QBs in the 1st round hinges on Penix having a clear medical.

If the Vikings decide to trade up, then I hope they would do so based on an evaluation, rather than a desperation to get a QB.

The other thing to consider is that any QB drafted by the Vikings will be going into a team with a good set of coaches and offensive setup.

It's very hard to get any reliable information now that we are fully into the "don't give away who we really like" part of draft season.

The other thing is that the desk top scouting and mock draft community is not a reliable source for anything - particularly QB evaluation. The best thing is a consensus board and even that will have complete misses within it because the desk top community have no access to medical and interview information like the teams do and there is a lot of group think amongst the desk top scouting community.

Will 4 QBs go in the top 5? - I have no idea. I think the under/over on number of QBs in the first round is 4.5 and I would bet the over if that was the case, but 5 QBs in the 1st round hinges on Penix having a clear medical.

If the Vikings decide to trade up, then I hope they would do so based on an evaluation, rather than a desperation to get a QB.

The other thing to consider is that any QB drafted by the Vikings will be going into a team with a good set of coaches and offensive setup.
Yep, best landing spot possible for a rookie QB, blessed whoever the QB is that the Vikings pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back