Mega Thread 2024 Media & Miscellaneous Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Not a lot to take away from that interview really. Doesn't give away anything in terms of changes and overall a pretty uninspiring response from such a bad loss.

D*ckhead that abused Walters was in WCE colours, not racial in nature.

Does anyone else find Joe to be as boring as JL? Just cliche after cliche with his responses.

Does anyone else find Joe to be as boring as JL? Just cliche after cliche with his responses.
He can't tell us the team before the coaches have decided. He basically said Tabs and Chappy likely. Midfield the same. Switta and Freddie likely. Sturt may play 3rd tall rather than Voss. Reckons Walters will come good. Brodie can wait forever.

He can't tell us the team before the coaches have decided. He basically said Tabs and Chappy likely. Midfield the same. Switta and Freddie likely. Sturt may play 3rd tall rather than Voss. Reckons Walters will come good. Brodie can wait forever.
I'm not talking about him not giving up selection. He just comes across as vanilla as JL. No passion or personality, to me anyway. Just very cliche in everything he says.

I'm not talking about him not giving up selection. He just comes across as vanilla as JL. No passion or personality, to me anyway. Just very cliche in everything he says.
Everyone has had too much 'media training' in 2024 i.e. on how to sound like you're saying something without saying anything, aka 'PR'.

Professionalism certainly has some upsides, but it also does what the wind tunnel did for cars: you get 94375 versions of the 'ideal' car/team that are all boringly similar. it crushes personality/identity.

it takes huge cojones to stand for something different to everyone else.

i don't see evidence of those cojones in our management tier.

Bell waa definitely a better orator. What is said is the most important thing though. Justin gives very good information so I tend to wait for his presser

On The Couch this week pretty well summed up our dilemma. Buckley does take an interest in Freo as he is mates with JL. Most of us are aware of these points but they dont paint a pretty picture

Only North Melbourne have a lower number of inside 50's than us
Since the introduction of the Stand/point kick out rules JL does not seem to have changed his style of coaching..The game has changed since 2021 season when these rules were bought in and he is coaching similar to Paul Roos in 2005 at Sydney

After saying for each of the last 2 pre-seasons we have to improve our scoring we have not improved at all
Unfortunately I cant see JL having the ability to change his game plan given that he has had plenty of opportunity to do so

So where do you go from here? Most of us know the answer but cant see any obvious coach in waiting

On The Couch this week pretty well summed up our dilemma. Buckley does take an interest in Freo as he is mates with JL.

Only North Melbourne have a lower number of inside 50's than us.
If this is true it is quite damning. I actually thought we were doing okay for I50s...

On The Couch this week pretty well summed up our dilemma. Buckley does take an interest in Freo as he is mates with JL. Most of us are aware of these points but they dont paint a pretty picture

Since the introduction of the Stand/point kick out rules JL does not seem to have changed his style of coaching..The game has changed since 2021 season when these rules were bought in and he is coaching similar to Paul Roos in 2005 at Sydney

After saying for each of the last 2 pre-seasons we have to improve our scoring we have not improved at all
Unfortunately I cant see JL having the ability to change his game plan given that he has had plenty of opportunity to do so

So where do you go from here? Most of us know the answer but cant see any obvious coach in waiting
We just need to play like we did in the last quarter against WC for the whole game and when the pressure is on. Pick the mids and half backs and hf that can do it and tell the defenders to defend better or go and play for Peel.

There is opportunity for change.
But is Match Committee going to do something about it.
Should have a sponsor in there as a conduit for aggrieved supporters/members with a pitchfork for Jaeger O'meara

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"With his teammate not sighted, Voss trained with the main group off the back of his three-goal haul against West Coast in the WAFL over the weekend.
At one point, Fremantle coaches and skipper Alex Pearce appeared to address Voss in front of a circle of players, drawing applause from the group...."

possible Voss debut?!

If we had to find an alternative I quite wanted us to go after Brad Scott - since his identical twin has moulded a pretty sound team over the years in Geelong. Was he ever available or always pledged to Bombers?

91.3 FM ..yesterday Suma came. and 95% of what he told ,were posted already in our forum by our people. So either he is reading our freo forum regularly or Suma is already in our forum in disguise in multiple ids.

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

A few of us pooled together and got a truck load of carrots if anyone is keen to buy some thanks

If we had to find an alternative I quite wanted us to go after Brad Scott - since his identical twin has moulded a pretty sound team over the years in Geelong. Was he ever available or always pledged to Bombers?
He's s**t, has always been s**t. Coasts by on his brother's name.

Look it’s an interesting idea, but Jackson isn’t moving well at the moment.

He looks sore and tired.
With Jye out I’d prefer him up forward, and even have Treacy doing the bulk of the relieving ruck for a few weeks.
I don’t mind the idea of him even starting centre bounces on the wing and running in from there and perhaps rotating with Brayshaw after the ball clears.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back