Mega Thread 2024 Media & Miscellaneous Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't know anything about these new board additions, but I do know they better be prepared to make some tough decisions if we don't make finals in 2024!
If you want change, there is nothing the CEO of a large mining org will love better than putting his stamp on things

Not sure it's that great of a get. Their drafting hasn't been any better than ours. What makes them so good is their ability to recruit players from other clubs which we can't do anywhere near their level. Also their coaching is and has been far superior to ours.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure it's that great of a get. Their drafting hasn't been any better than ours. What makes them so good is their ability to recruit players from other clubs which we can't do anywhere near their level. Also their coaching is and has been far superior to ours.
It seems like we’ve been into the same players over the years, Darcy, Stewart, Clark, Simpson and Mannagh were all players both teams were very interested in during their respective draft years. Would be nice to knock out our competition by recruiting one of their talent scouts.

They do pull players out of their ass though, Dempsey from nowhere a couple years back

They plucked another one last year, jury is still out on them ofc but Dempsey looks a brilliant pick

They reached for Holmes at 20 a few years back, looks like a great call in a shocking draft

Stewart is well documented, we were the other team interested in him though

It seems like we’ve been into the same players over the years, Darcy, Stewart, Clark, Simpson and Mannagh were all players both teams were very interested in during their respective draft years. Would be nice to knock out our competition by recruiting one of their talent scouts.
Not sure just how Geelong do it, but they seem to be able to pick the eyes out of the players getting towards the end, or others that are disgruntled with their club.How could they possibly have been able to fit Smith and Cameron into their salary cap!!They have a lot of blow ins that makes you wonder.
GWS have been smashed by the mainly Victorian clubs since their inception. They, like Sydney seem to be able to keep many of their academy players, which some clubs never seem to be able to do. Not sure how it all works.
I aften wonder how long it will be before we, Fremantle, can get ourselves a FS selection.
I am going back, but I wonder what would have happened had we kept Adrian Fletcher on our books. He , to me was sent packing a couple of years too soon. At that stage we needed players like he and Chris Bond to teach our young players.Fletchers son, Jaspa, is now playing for the Lions and is going pretty well.Could we have had him as a FS? Who knows ,but , just thinking....

Yeah Geelongs junk pick pickups are second to none IMO. The cheap stars they get help but they constantly pick great players outside the top 10. Couldn’t stay up for so long if they didn’t

Last edited:
Maybe just getting ready for a big draft due to the significant hand.
Geelong would not let this guy go easily, he would be expensive for Freo to poach. He also wouldn't make the temporary move to WA unless he was from here. Kinda suss.

Geelong would not let this guy go easily, he would be expensive for Freo to poach. He also wouldn't make the temporary move to WA unless he was from here. Kinda suss.
He wouldn't live here. I don't think even Walls lives here. Most of the recruiting is done from the east coast.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back