Mega Thread 2024 Media & Miscellaneous Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

We wont get 3 more home games but i reckon at least 2 blocks of away games where we can have a base like we do for gather round to save 4 cross country trips should be achieveable.

You could stick with the Gather round one for now with Port or Adelaide the week before or after gather round.

Then you could do B2B games in Melbourne a Sunday Arvo game and a saturday arvo the following week 6 day turnaround isnt that bad when you dont have to get on a flight.

That way you fly over on the Friday,
Play sunday stay in Melbourne
Following Saturday play the 1pm game then fly home saturday evening and back in bed Saturday Night so only away for 8 days.

Or you could do both Sydney Teams or both QLD teams like stay on the Goldie for a week then the play the Lions the week after.

It doesnt really matter where as long as the base is the same for both games.

But ideally i reckon 2 blocks of 8-day Hubs is ideal and should be more realistic.
I am concerned about the impact of this on relationships - almost the same as a FIFO

The Champion Data bloke of SEN said Banfield is one of the top 3 highest rated wingmen in the comp over the start of the season.
and thenn there's still people on here wanting him to be subbed or dropped - incredible

maybe it messes around with their fantasy leagues

I am concerned about the impact of this on relationships - almost the same as a FIFO

No different to a cricket tour or World Cup/Euro's for FIFA or Rugby - in fact most of them are international and for longer than an 8 day stint interstate

I know in some instances families do come along, however not in all cases

Not really, 1x 8 day trip as opposed to 2x 3/4 day trips.

They're already travelling every second week, this would give them a longer stretch at home every now and then.

2 trips a year where the side is away for 8-days for 2 away games would be the maximum i am asking.

That's 4 away games out of the current 11. So instead of 22 trips across the country and back there is only 18.

That's 22 hours less on a plane.

You can split them up one in April and one in August and then be able finish with a couple of home games on the way back before the finals which should be fine they are spread out and might allow us to train more at the MCG if we spend a week in Melbourne once a year.

If that really affects the relationship then seriously i would be questioning they are the right people to be with.

People in different industries have to go interstate for work at times earning less money for a week here and there.

Victorian clubs would just have to travel to Perth a bit more often. Good luck getting it through though.

That would be the ideal outcome.

Even if they played home games against other Victorian sides at Optus it would be slightly better and more even.

Two to four extra games in our home state where the Victorian club is the home side would balance the competition quite nicely.

Our players were so happy to "finally come home". We would be going back to having hubs like we had during Covid, which started the demise of WC.

I think most of us have hated having to wait for so long to see a Freo home game.

The Champion Data bloke of SEN said Banfield is one of the top 3 highest rated wingmen in the comp over the start of the season.
That's because Champion data needs to put everyone in a box so he must look great with his contested work against other actual outside wingers. He's played in a lot of positions for the year so not an apples to apples comparison.

If we made “Round Zero” a thing each year but included all clubs (I.e just adding an extra round to the fixture) we could start with 4 stand alone games in the northern states against the bid Vic clubs (that normally otherwise get the MCG advantage), and then 2 games here in Perth with WA teams playing the two Adelaide teams every year.
The rest of the Melbourne teams can then battle it out on their public holiday Monday.
That will basically take away the additional home game the Adelaide teams get and pass it on to the WA teams as the most travel affected.
It will also mean the big Vic clubs play one more away game than home game for the year as it would be an odd number of total rounds (25 rounds instead of 24).
Would help equalise a lot of issues but there is absolutely zero chance anyone but the WA and northern clubs would agree !

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our players were so happy to "finally come home". We would be going back to having hubs like we had during Covid, which started the demise of WC.

I think most of us have hated having to wait for so long to see a Freo home game.
Their shitty list management is to blame for their demise.

Obviously not including the last game.

I like Banfield, however those last two shots on goal were very amateur and not worthy of such a lofty rating.

Obviously not including the last game.

I like Banfield, however those last two shots on goal were very amateur and not worthy of such a lofty rating.

He wasn’t alone with having terrible shots on goal. There were some doozeys from a few players

I’ve got a coaching technique for improving goal kicking I’m going to share with the world .
I wanted to go straight to JL but hopefully it gets there via this great platform.

It’s based on Clockwork Orange/ Crows camp type psychology.
Goes like this :

Every player dons headphones which are emitting very disturbing mind altering type noises ( think the movie Eraserhead if anyone can remember back that far )

They have to continually take shots at goal whilst the sounds are playing for a set period of time , say 45 minutes.

If they get a goal the sound stops momentarily so they get a rewarded reprieve for a minute or so but then it starts again .
They are given a goal of say 50 goals in 45 minutes. If they kick this they can remove the headphones.

Do this to players consistently for a couple of years and watch the goal kicking improve.

Note : there may be mental health side effects but as long as it wins us a flag it could be considered collateral damage
😁
Is that you Luke Beveridge

Remove this Banner Ad

Back