AFL 2024 Brownlow Medal

Remove this Banner Ad

1 unit Heeney Top Sydney Swans Votes at $26

0.2 u Heeney to win Brownlow at $251

Gulden deserves to start favourite to win the Swans votes but an injury or Heeney stringing 5-6 decent games with goals can make this a closer contest. At $26 its a system play.
Top Swans votes at $26 too, oh boy. Lucky to have tailed at $101 and $81 too.

Now fave and into $6 on Sportsbet with Green at $8.

TAB has him at $8 still with Green at $7.

Pretty crazy.
round 4 he will drop off pretty keen to take both of them on Bont, Cripps, Petracca all around 5-6+ mark only early days his leading no doubt about it but the market has him spot on there no edge in that price

Would be pretty hard for Heeney not only to sustain this level of output but also winning it with two other superstars on his team (Gulden who nearly won it last year and Warner). Way too much vote stealing for him to actually win it I would have thought.

The good news is Heeneys red hot start is holding up the prices of the older guys/veterans who have been around the mark for years (Bont, Trac, Crippa etc) along with big Tommy Green are the ones you want to be on.

Would be pretty hard for Heeney not only to sustain this level of output but also winning it with two other superstars on his team (Gulden who nearly won it last year and Warner). Way too much vote stealing for him to actually win it I would have thought.

The good news is Heeneys red hot start is holding up the prices of the older guys/veterans who have been around the mark for years (Bont, Trac, Crippa etc) along with big Tommy Green are the ones you want to be on.
Gulden and Warner superstars? Weird neg to put on him when the players you want to be on have better players than those two stealing votes

Gulden and Warner superstars? Weird neg to put on him when the players you want to be on have better players than those two stealing votes

This. Libba, Oliver, Viney, Greene, Coniglio etc are all just as good if not better than Gulden and Warner. Also since when is Chad Warner a “superstar”?

Did Gulden not poll 27 votes last year coming equal 4th? He polled more votes than Petracca and came awfully close to winning the whole thing. How can you say Gulden is not a superstar?

Chad warner has also seemed to gone up another level this year, goal kicking mid whos incredibly eye catching with his burst from stoppage which will attract votes.

This. Libba, Oliver, Viney, Greene, Coniglio etc are all just as good if not better than Gulden and Warner. Also since when is Chad Warner a “superstar”?

Libba polled 17 votes last year, Gulden polled 27 votes and Warner polled 16 votes. Oliver is a shell of his former self this year, looks unfit due to lack of pre season and carrying a hand injury so don't think he plays a factor here. Coniglio is a notorious underpoller and only polled 10 votes last year after having a great season.

Did Gulden not poll 27 votes last year coming equal 4th? He polled more votes than Petracca and came awfully close to winning the whole thing. How can you say Gulden is not a superstar?

Chad warner has also seemed to gone up another level this year, goal kicking mid whos incredibly eye catching with his burst from stoppage which will attract votes.

How can you say Warner has done to another level but not the same for Heeney? Fact is he had another BOG (or 2 at least) on the weekend with Adams back. He’s leading the Brownlow as of now and one of the main reasons for Sydney’s hot start. They aren’t gonna go , hey Heeney go back to the forward pocket.

Brownlow is a crapshoot but Heeney has everything going for him. Contested possessions, clearances, goals and blonde hair. Everything you want in a Brownlow chance

How can you say Warner has done to another level but not the same for Heeney? Fact is he had another BOG (or 2 at least) on the weekend with Adams back. He’s leading the Brownlow as of now and one of the main reasons for Sydney’s hot start. They aren’t gonna go , hey Heeney go back to the forward pocket.

Brownlow is a crapshoot but Heeney has everything going for him. Contested possessions, clearances, goals and blonde hair. Everything you want in a Brownlow chance

I never said Heeney hasn't gone up another level, he clearly has and is currently leading the Brownlow obviously.

My initial doubts were if a) He can sustain this level of output for the whole season (much like the seasoned guys have done for the last few years) and b) Vote stealing from two other players who have shown that they can also poll bulk Brownlow votes.

If you got on him at >$51 earlier in the season then good on you. But his current price presents no value, especially when you factor in the above.

Lol I didnt realise coming 4th in the Brownlow one year was all that was required to a superstar of the league. Every club's probably 8 or 9 superstars going by whatever metric this is

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol I didnt realise coming 4th in the Brownlow one year was all that was required to a superstar of the league. Every club's probably 8 or 9 superstars going by whatever metric this is

1712578074623.png

Forget the Brownlow metric then, we'll head over to what the coaches think. Pretty elite company I'd say, I reckon I'd trust the coaches opinion over your one mate.

Last edited:
View attachment 1954145

Forget the Brownlow metric then, we'll head over to what the coaches think. Pretty elite company I'd say, I reckon I'd trust the coaches opinion over your one mate.

4th in a Brownlow and 6th in a Coaches award for a year and you are now a superstar of the game. Going to be a long list if that's all it takes. Heeney would be on track for GOAT status after this year the way he is travelling in them awards

half this list aren't good pollers, one is a permanent Forward.
You are on Heeney at a good price, you don't need to try and convince others hes a good bet now

half this list aren't good pollers, one is a permanent Forward.
You are on Heeney at a good price, you don't need to try and convince others hes a good bet now

Sorry what? Viney polled 24 votes last season, Libba 17. Oliver polled 25 in his last full season and the “permanent forward” Greene polled 20 last year. Cogs the only underpoller in that list so I’ve no idea where you think they aren’t good pollers.

Sorry what? Viney polled 24 votes last season, Libba 17. Oliver polled 25 in his last full season and the “permanent forward” Greene polled 20 last year. Cogs the only underpoller in that list so I’ve no idea where you think they aren’t good pollers.
Libba has polled above 7 twice, 17 is the most he has polled and he is 32. For how good he is I would say he isn't a great poller?
Greene kicked 3 goals a game last year and also pushed up further, he isn't doing that this year nor is he kicking goals so far.

Cogs a poor poller, there is half your list.

I am not tipping Trac up

Well there are definitely more than 10 players better than him in the game but he is also no more a polling threat to Heeney than X player to Y player in 90% of teams. Just a bad argument to make

This is such a horrendously bad take. Have a look at the market, the market has Gulden $15 to win the whole thing himself (equal or better chance to win it than Patrick Cripps, Lachie Neale and Zak Butters). Do tell me the other 90% of teams that have two players in the top 10 line of betting to take out the whole thing. And thats not even including Warner who isn't far behind him in the market.

This is such a horrendously bad take. Have a look at the market, the market has Gulden $15 to win the whole thing himself (equal or better chance to win it than Patrick Cripps, Lachie Neale and Zak Butters). Do tell me the other 90% of teams that have two players in the top 10 line of betting to take out the whole thing. And thats not even including Warner who isn't far behind him in the market.

Trac - Oliver
Cripps - Walsh
Butters - Rozee

Three in the betting which all have the same problem and two of which you wanted to be with

Anyway shifting the goal posts away now from Gulden and Warner being superstars of the game he has to deal with

I mean you obviously have a different definition of superstar Jugada but you are only arguing semantics at this point. By every metric Gulden was a top 10 player last year as a goalkicking mid and for most people yeah that’s superstar category.

No there isn’t some huge long list of players who finished 6th & 4th in the two major awards in recent years (I’m pretty sure it’s disingenuous to claim someone like Fyfe still applies).

Gulden is an absolute gun & I think getting involved in your definition of superstar v gun v great player is ******* dumb and off topic.

This all started because the other guy thought proven pollers like Trac & Bont might represent value with odds drifting despite being on good votes early, what a stupid claim right…

I mean you obviously have a different definition of superstar Jugada but you are only arguing semantics at this point. By every metric Gulden was a top 10 player last year as a goalkicking mid and for most people yeah that’s superstar category.

No there isn’t some huge long list of players who finished 6th & 4th in the two major awards in recent years (I’m pretty sure it’s disingenuous to claim someone like Fyfe still applies).

Gulden is an absolute gun & I think getting involved in your definition of superstar v gun v great player is ******* dumb and off topic.

This all started because the other guy thought proven pollers like Trac & Bont might represent value with odds drifting despite being on good votes early, what a stupid claim right…

It started because someone negged Heeney for having superstars like Gulden and Warner stealing votes whilst wanting to be with Tracc and Cripps who definitely don't have that same problem...

If the argument was wanting to be with proven voters then that's valid but the argument that Heeney has the problem of those two stealing votes then the same also applies to them players.

If you want to call Gulden and Warner superstars then have at it. It's laughably wrong at this point but go for it.

Trac - Oliver
Cripps - Walsh
Butters - Rozee

Three in the betting which all have the same problem and two of which you wanted to be with

Anyway shifting the goal posts away now from Gulden and Warner being superstars of the game he has to deal with

Do you watch footy in 2024 or are you stuck in 2021?

Oliver is dealing with off field issues, had zero pre season, clearly unfit and is carrying a hand injury. He is currently not the same player as he was when a Brownlow threat - hence why he is $34 to win the medal. Do you really think a fully fit Clarry would be $34 to win the medal?

Sam Walsh has a cooked back and has yet to literally play a game this season. Do you think a fully fit Sam Walsh would be paying $51 to win the medal? He literally opened equal second favourite with Bont at $10 to win it all at the start of the season before his back flared up again.

How can you say these two are the same players they were when they were genuine Brownlow threats as opposed to fully fit/young and improving goal kicking mids Gulden and Warner?

What you think about Gulden and Warner simply does not matter because you are blinded by the fact you got Heeney at a big price and desperately trying to convince yourself he’s home in Round 5 and it’s useless to bet on anyone else which is bizarre to me. If that’s the case we should now close this thread as according to the all knowing Jugada Heeney is home.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back