Play Nice 2024 AFL and State League Attendance

Remove this Banner Ad

Will you reply to the crowd numbers with a savage tweet again?
Excuse me what? By saying 26k wasn’t good for last week? You must still be miserable after 2021. Give me a spell.

FWIW, the crowd tonight isn’t great

Think you're being a bit harsh there. Looks pretty good to me. Pretty full in most areas besides AFL members. Having people all the way to the back row in the Ponsford is usually a very good sign.

Excuse me what? By saying 26k wasn’t good for last week? You must still be miserable after 2021. Give me a spell.

Actually the tweet in question you replied to was about Collingwoods game.

Anzac Eve Crowds

2017 (Rich vs Melb) = 85,657
2023 (Melb vs Rich) = 83,985
2018 (Melb vs Rich) = 77,071
2024 (Rich vs Melb) = 72,840
2019 (Rich vs Melb) = 72,704
2022 (Rich vs Melb) = 70,334
2016 (Melb vs Rich) = 60,867
2015 (Rich vs Melb) = 58,175
2021 (Melb vs Rich) = 56,418

Actually the tweet in question you replied to was about Collingwoods game.
With all due respect, you’ve completely messed that up and are acting like a fool.
I said the Collingwood port crowd was great and said it shows how good the Saturday 1:45 timeslot is.
Waiting for your apology.

72,840 for Richmond vs Melbourne on Anzac Eve @ MCG

Good turnout. 70k looks to be the basement number now.

Great crowd.

You can’t get any worse than Richmond 1-6 coming in. Doesn’t entice the members or the neutrals. 70K should hopefully be the base and 85K the ceiling.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

They’ve opened up a lot more seats for Geelong vs Carlton (middle of level q in Olympic, front and middle of q in southern, one bay or level m in ponsford). They’ve also sent out an email to geelong general admin members to upgrade to reserve seat for $16 for level m.

Looks like general admin will be back of southern and Olympic level q and maybe whole ponsford level q?

Previously theyd been releasing bays just about one bay at a time and they were going very quickly. Geelong would only have a few thousand reserve seat members at mcg, so probably a lot of general admin walk up from both Geelong and Carlton.

I think 70,000 would be good. More than 71,000 I think would be a record between the two. 50,000 would be the record as a Geelong home game
the entire top level of Olympic and front half of ponsford top level have now been put on for reserve seating. They must be pretty happy with the speed of sales, otherwise why put so many bays up for sale so close to the game when they could just be GA?

Good crowd considering there is no more Richmond bandwagon and Melbourne fans don’t really travel to away games.

Would be interesting if it was a Melbourne home game if the crowd would of been more considering around 40,000 Melbourne members would of turned up and Richmond like the other big clubs tend to get around 30,000 plus for away games. With neutrals the crowd could if pushed towards 80,000! It’s like kings bday Melbourne home games drawn around 5-10k more due to Collingwood’s huge drawing power even for away games. Melbourne for away games would draw no more than 20,000 of their own fans.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good crowd considering there is no more Richmond bandwagon and Melbourne fans don’t really travel to away games.

Would be interesting if it was a Melbourne home game if the crowd would of been more considering around 40,000 Melbourne members would of turned up and Richmond like the other big clubs tend to get around 30,000 plus for away games. With neutrals the crowd could if pushed towards 80,000! It’s like kings bday Melbourne home games drawn around 5-10k more due to Collingwood’s huge drawing power even for away games. Melbourne for away games would draw no more than 20,000 of their own fans.
There would have been 25,000 Melbourne fans at least. The entire mcc was red plus most of the ponsford and level 4 of the Olympic.

Going to be a cracker today will definitely be watching. What attendance is expected, between 92-96K

I would have to say this is the most anticipated for some while as most times bombers have been down. Could it crack the all time attendance record for Anzac Day 95,179

Going to be a cracker today will definitely be watching. What attendance is expected, between 92-96K

I would have to say this is the most anticipated for some while as most times bombers have been down. Could it crack the all time attendance record for Anzac Day 95,179
Who knows. MCC predicting 90-92K.

If we’re pragmatic, a full strength Collingwood anywhere near their best will be a big ask for Essendon. Thats a Pies win. That’s just the facts (head speaking). But if the Pies are a bit off, and all of Goldstein, Draper & Wright can play well, they might have a chance (heart speaking). Gut feel is Bombers making strategic selection error playing all the talls, diminishes their defensive capacity and ability to play front half game which has been the hallmark of their success in recent weeks. If Wright / Draper don’t hold marks / hit scoreboard it’s red flags for Bombers. But, it’s all part of the journey as they try and work out optimal team balance and combinations with next 2-3 years in mind.

I will say 92K.

If we’re pragmatic, a full strength Collingwood anywhere near their best will be a big ask for Essendon. Thats a Pies win. That’s just the facts (head speaking). But if the Pies are a bit off, and all of Goldstein, Draper & Wright can play well, they might have a chance (heart speaking). Gut feel is Bombers making strategic selection error playing all the talls, diminishes their defensive capacity and ability to play front half game which has been the hallmark of their success in recent weeks. If Wright / Draper don’t hold marks / hit scoreboard it’s red flags for Bombers. But, it’s all part of the journey as they try and work out optimal team balance and combinations with next 2-3 years in mind.

I will say 92K.

I would not at all be surprised if the bombers win. They will rise for this game. Now, whether that will be enough to get the 4 points remains to be seen. Pies as we know have been up and down this season.

Essendon's home game, your fans are up and about. Look forward to watching it.

I will say 92K.

Big error by Scott, afraid to drop his favourites so going in with an unbalanced side.

I don't think it will get 95 like last year, that was a perfect weather day which added the few extra thousand.

88,879 has been the average crowd this century, excluding covid and MCG redevelopments. With a low of 83,905 in 2001 and a high of 95,179 last year, there is quite a large discrepancy considering the game is always sold out. I would have thought with so much practice, the MCG and AFL could have worked out a way to consistently get 95,000, considering how many people miss out.

88,879 has been the average crowd this century, excluding covid and MCG redevelopments. With a low of 83,905 in 2001 and a high of 95,179 last year, there is quite a large discrepancy considering the game is always sold out. I would have thought with so much practice, the MCG and AFL could have worked out a way to consistently get 95,000, considering how many people miss out.
Still seating for walkups available in MCC. It won’t be at capacity today. I’d say the grey day and possibly even the fact MCC was at capacity last year potentially made a few decide to not risk showing up on the day.

Still seating for walkups available in MCC. It won’t be at capacity today. I’d say the grey day and possibly even the fact MCC was at capacity last year potentially made a few decide to not risk showing up on the day.
I heard BT saying early in the first quarter that there was already over 92,000 and it would likely surpass 95,000. That said, parts of the AFL members look a bit patchy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back