2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Wait and see if Lachie comes back the same player after the 2nd ACL.
You can't afford to wait in this league. You have to strike when the iron is hot.

Plus, Dimma may have completely different plans for Weller. He may want to play him elsewhere.

Gone.

SO IM TOLD

What’s he worth?
His value? To the average Suns fan or Craig Cameron, there’s a gulf between the 2

Remember this is the guy that gave away Bowes after re-signing him, with the sweetener of pick 7 and said it would become the norm for the AFL moving forward. The evidence would say
1714049244686.gif

Anyone know what the knock on Boyd Woodcock is? Regular ball magnet in the VFL, can also play as pressure small fwd that kicks goals. Still only 24yo.

Surely could blossom on the rookie list if given a 2nd chance?

Anyone know what the knock on Boyd Woodcock is? Regular ball magnet in the VFL, can also play as pressure small fwd that kicks goals. Still only 24yo.

Surely could blossom on the rookie list if given a 2nd chance?
Think he tried out for us last year but we chose Mclaughlin instead?

Bowes, Sharp and Hollands looking like the missing pieces
Nah. Not Bowes. Couldn’t see him getting into our team of mids. Flanders is better overall, so too Fiorini. Is in the bottom half, maybe bottom third, of the Cats’ best 22 as well and nobody can convince me otherwise. Solid, but not the player we are missing.

Sharp could be solid but Clohesy has filled that role very nicely so I’m not mad.

Hollands is one who could be good as that mid-forward. Just a few years ahead of Humphrey. (Absolute flog though. If he could keep his tongue in his mouth, that would be great. Or his nose off the gear.)

Last edited:
Hollands was never going to go well here unfortunately. Wouldn't listen to what he was told, arrogance seeping in big team. Getting traded and the drugs charge has changed him mentality wise. He will go okay at Carlton, but still lacking any top end speed to become a real difference maker.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah. Not Bowes. Couldn’t see him getting into our team of mids. Flanders is better overall, so too Fiorini. Is in the bottom half, maybe bottom third, of the Cats’ best 22 as well and nobody can convince me otherwise. Solid, but not the player we are missing.

Sharp could be solid but Clohesy has filled that role very nicely so I’m not mad.

Hollands is one who could be good as that mid-forward. Just a few years ahead of Humphrey. (Absolute flog though. If he could keep his tongue in his mouth, that would be great. Or his nose off the gear.)
I understand the bowes trade was necessary, but looked very good today and stood up in big moments, 17 touches, a goal and 10 tackles, great effort.

Hollands seemed like he wasn't going to fit in with the status quo but looked threatening and a match winner.

And Sharp has found himself into the most defensive team in the comp.. go figure. Once a sun, ill generally follow their careers so im glad all are doing well, i think all 3 could make us better but i do understand the reasons why we let them go

I understand the bowes trade was necessary, but looked very good today and stood up in big moments, 17 touches, a goal and 10 tackles, great effort.

Hollands seemed like he wasn't going to fit in with the status quo but looked threatening and a match winner.

And Sharp has found himself into the most defensive team in the comp.. go figure. Once a sun, ill generally follow their careers so im glad all are doing well, i think all 3 could make us better but i do understand the reasons why we let them go
Bowes looking ok at Geelong doesn't mean much. I reckon you could put most players in the league into Geelong's team they would be ok.

Yeah time to have a crack at Rioli and any other sort of small running defenders.

Definitely our biggest need.

It looks like we can nurture crumbing fwds from within with Rosas, Berry, Rogers & adding Lombard next season. Bit on the young side, but the talent is there.

Add in Ainsworth & Humphrey and maybe that’s enough?

Definitely our biggest need.

It looks like we can nurture crumbing fwds from within with Rosas, Berry, Rogers & adding Lombard next season. Bit on the young side, but the talent is there.

Add in Ainsworth & Humphrey and maybe that’s enough?
Still think we need some more small forwards. Cupboard is bare

Remove this Banner Ad

Back